• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

This is a super specific question that I really don't expect an answer to but...Does anyone knows what podcast Pat talks about Jojo part 5? I know it happened sometime in the summer.

Edit: Nvm, I found it randomly lol and it looks like it was part 4 not 5.

Zenfalcia

This is a super specific question that I really don't expect an answer to but...Does anyone knows what podcast Pat talks about Jojo part 5? I know it happened sometime in the summer.

Your best bet is try to look at the topics posted with each podcast? Other wise you're going to have a hard time unless you listen to all of them.

Dammit, is that a real spoiler? Because I clicked it.. not knowing what i expected..

Good morning everyone!

I think I had Gurren lagann related dream.
Must be because of all the mech stuff.

Morning. I'm going to sleep. Gonna finish this homework tomorrow. I hope to god I don't procrastinate.. Might even avoid GAF just to be productive.

Good night all.

Oberon

Banned
So after a year of avoiding caffeine heavy drinks, I am back to drinking energy drinks!
Oh, have I forgotten the feeling of not being tired the morning.

On topic: Man, Woolie really makes all jealous! Japan is exactly how I imagined it.

Goddamn it. I keep waking up at 5AM. This sucks because now I won't fall back asleep and will pass out at the same time I did yesterday, perpetuating the cycle!

Oberon

Banned
Goddamn it. I keep waking up at 5AM. This sucks because now I won't fall back asleep and will pass out at the same time I did yesterday, perpetuating the cycle!

I had a similar problem once. I didn't sleep until 4-5 am, this was a problem because I woke up at 2-3 pm, I can't sleep the best parts of the day ,I thought.
So the solution was to not sleep for one day, and try to keep my body awake until 10 pm.
It was really hard, because my body shut down at around 6 pm. But I did it!
I wouldn't recommende this, because I was pretty much useless for days .

Oberon

Banned
Nozaki-kun ep 4

Tomoda ;__;

Also, I might get good use out of this gif :

QgtWqii.gif

Hello Frienders!

Z.O.E 2. is a wild Ride. i feel this is the how a Mecha game should feel like. So far.. I don't like the Z.O.E 1 Story but i'm enjoying Z.O.E 2 but theres something Gurren Lagann-esque/NGE about Z.O.E i really like.

Shackzam

so i just finished watching the first 3 episodes of hajime no ippo.

i can believe how hooked i already am, seriously i don't think i have ever felt this invested in a characters success this early on in the story.
i was practically cheering ippo on every time he refused to give up (despite that being the biggest anime cliche in existence), and this was only his first fight. i think it might be his complete sincerity that most anime protagonists seem to lack but yeah, i am so excites about how far hes going to go.

why didn't i watch this sooner.

its just too bad that i cant afford to have a life for the next 6 weeks due to the metric crapton of animating will have to be doing for uni,
but im sure i can handle the wait,right? right??
I'm loving that more people are getting into ippo and seeing how good it is.

Hello Frienders!

Z.O.E 2. is a wild Ride. i feel this is the how a Mecha game should feel like. So far.. I don't like the Z.O.E 1 Story but i'm enjoying Z.O.E 2 but theres something Gurren Lagann-esque/NGE about Z.O.E i really like.

I wonder how many copies of Z.O.E HD Collection is out there unplayed due to the MGR:R demo?
:(
I guess I should check out the second one since I don't know what to do in the first one.

croten

I can't talk to myself while everyone is asleep!

So is the Nuzlock worth watching?
As a big pokemon fan, will it be painful to watch due to bad advises, ot straight out misinformation about the game?

The best friends Nuzlocke? Absolutely not. I'm talking about my own nuzlocke

So is the Nuzlock worth watching?
As a big pokemon fan, will it be painful to watch due to bad advises, ot straight out misinformation about the game?

I don't think the full stream is archived anywhere yet, but I could be wrong. I'd say watch a few of the first episodes, then just watch Road to Final Victory. It was fucking terrible until the stream.

I don't think the full stream is archived anywhere yet, but I could be wrong. I'd say watch a few of the first episodes, then just watch Road to Final Victory. It was fucking terrible until the stream.

The Full Stream is on the site.

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/category/stream/

I wonder how many copies of Z.O.E HD Collection is out there unplayed due to the MGR:R demo?
:(
I guess I should check out the second one since I don't know what to do in the first one.

I see a lot of copies at my local EB Games. The Second One feels like a proper Sequel.

Oberon

Banned
The best friends Nuzlocke? Absolutely not. I'm talking about my own nuzlocke

I don't blame them, Nuzlock are quite difficult to do. The only enjoyable I have seen was Projareds FR and X nuzlock. And his dark cry one is still running.

croten

I don't blame them, Nuzlock are quite difficult to do. The only enjoyable I have seen was Projareds FR and X nuzlock. And his dark cry one is still running.

Yep. That's mostly because he kinda knows Pokemon inside and out. Woolie and Liam could barely remember anything and constantly got shit wrong, and Matt just didn't know anything about Pokemon.

Oberon

Banned
Yep. That's mostly because he kinda knows Pokemon inside and out. Woolie and Liam could barely remember anything and constantly got shit wrong, and Matt just didn't know anything about Pokemon.

The fact he went blind into pokemon X resulted in the most hilarious situation though.
I'm recording mine today and know next to nothing about Pokemon at all. Should be great.

Need a co-commentator on that ;)?
What version are you doing? Please be Moemon Emerald!

Oberon

Banned
He did a lot of off-screen grinding to make sure they wouldn't lose, which pretty much made it a regular Pokemon LP.

Also, what rules should I use for this thing?

Projared rules:
- Starter selected random through dice role.
- Catching same pokemon is not allowed, If it's a new area, you have 3 tries to find a new pokemon ( evolution are ok)
-One pokemon in a area, gifted pokemon are no exception.
For super hardcore high pace high tension battling:
-No healing during battle! Wearing berries are ok though.

croten

He did a lot of off-screen grinding to make sure they wouldn't lose, which pretty much made it a regular Pokemon LP.

Also, what rules should I use for this thing?

You could use the pokemon randomizer but if you don't know much about pokemon anyway then it's not really necessary. Just stick to the three main rules.

#1 If a pokemon faints its dead, you have to release it at the computer

#2 You can only catch one pokemon per area, this mean a cave or a route or a town.

#3 You have to name every pokemon you catch, can't have any Pidgeys or Zigzagoons it's gotta be named something.

A Continuation of that Little Mac Comic]

2cute.

You could use the pokemon randomizer but if you don't know much about pokemon anyway then it's not really necessary. Just stick to the three main rules.

I already used the randomizer, it was part of what made everything hard to get working. I'll probably just use the basic rules, then. And I nickname everything, only bastards and assholes don't nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom