• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it's not that a girl would need to even like games/anime for us to get along. But as long as she accepts the hobby and doesn't bash it due to ignorance. that's all anyone can really ask for

Yeah, the idea of not dating someone for not liking the same thing as you is silly, but with anime, it's literally like 90% of what I watch and if she wasn't interested in it, then she'd either be bored and miserable, or be harping at me to not watch it, making me miserable. So it just goes back to that baseline of compatibility. While shared interests aren't the only factor, their absence can negatively impact the relationship in a very real way.

The downside of shared interests, though, is that you'll be closer to that person in a friendship type of way, which can make ending a bad relationship a thousand times harder than it should be.

360pages

Did I mention that EO3 have Cyborg Waifus, but they are creepy as fuck.

131166761955.jpeg

Ok so what are the odds that this little kid just happened to be reading a comic book where the alien looks exactly like marty in the hazmat suit and the ship looks like the delorean?

Did I mention that EO3 have Cyborg Waifus, but they are creepy as fuck.

131166761955.jpeg

Aigis is really shit and is basically fetish fuel sex slave robot. Her social link is creepy.

But yeah, I'm already sold on EO3 but god dammit I cannot justify having all these RPGs on my backlog.

Actual interests don't really matter all that much, and you might end up liking things you didn't like before just because the person you like does, but there are certain interests that do matter. Like I knew a girl who didn't want to watch any TV shows of any kind. She just didn't like them, even shows like Breaking Bad. Not her thing. So I know, given that I prefer TV shows to movies, that relationship probably wouldn't work out, since we'd have exact opposite interests in what to watch and that would just end up being a sticking point, even with compromises, there's a baseline level of compatibility that should be there.
Well yeah, if you're going to be spending a ton of time together you need something to do you both enjoy. I don't think, if you can go be mature about it, you can't have totally different interests- like I could probably date someone who doesn't like videogames, despite how they're like 80% of my thoughts and life. It's definitely not easy though, and in the long term, would be a pretty big difference in interests you'd need to work around and fill in with something else.

I'm probably rambling, but yeah. Basically you're right, though I think you don't need to agree on everything, you do need to learn to enjoy, or enjoy doing some things together.
I think the main thing people need is to learn that you don't have to be in a relationship. It's not all its cracked up to be in media, you should be able to be happy by yourself or with friends and not require a romantic partner to be anything but miserable
This is very true, and something that's nice to realize. (Being happy with yourself makes you way more attractive too.)

Emouse

She's the robot learning to be human trope. It just appeals to people and they get to watch the growth of the character, same reason people like Data in Star Trek TNG.

She's also cute and can shoot bullets out of her damn fingers what more could you ask for

Eh, I get what she was doing, she is a normal person, and she saw him as a completely normal person that had an abnormal sister. It is a little harsh some of the things she says, but they make sense and have a hint of truth in them.

You forget the part where she broke Kyouske's and Kirino's bro/sis relationship when they were young because she was jealous.

croten

She's the robot learning to be human trope. It just appeals to people and they get to watch the growth of the character, same reason people like Data in Star Trek TNG.

as someone who has only started watching TNG recently I can safely say that Data is the best

Eh, I get what she was doing, she is a normal person, and she saw him as a completely normal person that had an abnormal sister. It is a little harsh some of the things she says, but they make sense and have a hint of truth in them.
she only says that cause she wants kiritos dick

360pages

Those are all really awful designs for cyborgs...

Really, I think the females look kind of weird. (The face really messes up the body giving an uncanny valley effect)

But I think the males look better. In the game you have the option of either them or the Samurai class. (You can get both on New game plus)

Shogun_Etrian_Odyssey.png

360pages

she only says that cause she wants kiritos dick

I do think the LN goes into it deeper, but that is actually what she believes, she wants everything to be as close as normal, that is why she called Kirito average without anything special about him. She actually think it's a good thing to be average to the point that anything that's not shouldn't be there or she can't accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom