• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Just sayin', we need to be careful. We're already dangerously close, we don't want to accidentally turn into what we often make fun of.

That we do.
it's too late. Hometown and life discussions have started digging the grave. Sorta but not really. Since it's a discussion about tastes.. where am i going with this?

sfJnMKV.jpg

I feel we're getting further and further away from ironic use of Japanese words and closer to just straight up weeabooism.

Urusai bakayaro, kisama ha sugoku aho desuyone.

DAN JO DAN DAN JO DAN JO

Anyone that says japanese words here is always being ironic/ silly.
I would know, because I get angry anytime someone says a word in the middle of a sentence in another language. (Let alone if they correct your pronunciation of manga. Please forgive me for pronouncing it with an English accent because I'm speaking in English and not in Japanese.)

Emouse

So im thinking of getting Ultra...itll be my first street fighter game, I wanted to start with third strike but everyone says its a bit hard to get into.
So my first 3 fight games ill be trying to git gud at are ultimax, skull girls and ultra

As someone who had trouble getting into fighting games I can say that ultra is a good place to start, there's so many characters to choose from you should have no problem finding someone you like

Skullgirls is great too, everything works so well in that game, there's not nearly as much variety in characters as ultra but what's there is great to play with, and mixing and matching teams keeps it fresh

I can't speed for ultimax cuz it's not out here yet, that and I'm fucking horrible at P4A for reals

Agent York

Neo Member
You disapoint me Best Friends Gaf. SickWheelchairCombos asked for awesome disabled characters, and nobody mentioned Johnny Joestar. Ya'll need to step up your Jojo's game.

Alfebit

Banned
I was thinking of having a google spreadsheet for each game, hiding the link until you quote the OP and using a random number generator to select the winner.

Sound good?

also how do I make a public google spreadsheet?

I'm gunna go ahead and quote Joe because you guys glazed over his question as well as say it sounds great. No idea how to make one though.

Edit: Oops DP.

As far as a first fighting game, P4A was great for me. My main deficiency is execution, but the universal quarter circles and 4 buttons in P4A made it really easy to get into.

I actually wanna pick up Virtua Fighter, since it's just three buttons.
You disapoint me Best Friends Gaf. SickWheelchairCombos asked for awesome disabled characters, and nobody mentioned Johnny Joestar. Ya'll need to step up your Jojo's game.
Gatdammit.

joe2187

Banned
I'm gunna go ahead and quote Joe because you guys glazed over his question as well as say it sounds great. No idea how to make one though.

Edit: Oops DP.

Well. I figured out how to make a public spreadsheet, the problem Im seeing is that people could edit it without me knowing. The only way I can see it working is if I enter it manually for each entry, which wouldnt be a big issue, but it'll be alot of work.

Emouse

As far as a first fighting game, P4A was great for me. My main deficiency is execution, but the universal quarter circles and 4 buttons in P4A made it really easy to get into.

I actually wanna pick up Virtua Fighter, since it's just three buttons.

Gatdammit.

I picked up VF5 after watching the FNF and it's great, I really gotta play more sometime

Alien Isolation late game spoilers

Wow, as soon as I walked into this nest I knew there was gonna be some shit. The motion sensor becoming completely overloaded was an excellent touch. Of course, I didn't miss the tension of hiding form one Alien, and now I gotta hide form a bunch of them? Rip in peace, my nerves.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Watching the new Guacamelee video and midway they explain what happen to mailbag.
Its sad that they lost the footage of them with the monstar jerseys.

I don't know anybody around here who's into anything besides Soulcal. If/when they come out with a VF6 I'm gonna hop right in, but right now I don't have time between the other games I wanna play to play the relatively older VF5.

Final Showdown goes on sale every now and again. I fully recommend it and try and get a few others to try it too ;-;

Also damn, I wish I knew people around me that were into Soul Calibur...

Emouse

I don't know anybody around here who's into anything besides Soulcal. If/when they come out with a VF6 I'm gonna hop right in, but right now I don't have time between the other games I wanna play to play the relatively older VF5.

I think VF is fairly approachable, so even if VF6 isn't going to come out its not too hard to get in to, hopefully there will be a VF6 tho

I'm going to jump on the DOA bandwagon when the PS4 version is out

Final Showdown goes on sale every now and again. I fully recommend it and try and get a few others to try it too ;-;

Also damn, I wish I knew people around me that were into Soul Calibur...

I wish people round here were in to fighting games period. I know one guy who only knows tekken as a super casual fan so everything else is either "total crap" or "hey it's a button masher like tekken" which infuriates me to no end

Also mega pissed that I got final showdown in PSN and the next week it was on sale for half the price

but hey maybe some peeps wanna play some soul cal at some point? 2HD online or 5? just an idea

Oh, I know, I understand he was just joking around and I'm not saying anyone is doing it seriously, just saying we should at least be aware of how much we're doing it.

Yeah, I haven't been in here much lately so I dunno if it's been prevalent, but it definitely gets annoying/cringey if it happens more than a couple times.
Just like the Life/ Hometown jokes

i can't enter either because i don't have a wii u or vita

You can enter and send it to me if you win

You're a good man Joe

My roommate moving out has left me with a problem: I ain't got no cooking utensils.

I gotta find time to get to the store and replace what he had taketh from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom