• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The grand finale has to be PT, there's no way it isn't PT. On the podcast this week they mentioned two other LPs ready to go, guessing one will be Matt and Pat finishing Bug Island, no idea what the other one could be

Just throw it on the pile of PT videos I'm not going to see until after Christmas

The grand finale has to be PT, there's no way it isn't PT. On the podcast this week they mentioned two other LPs ready to go, guessing one will be Matt and Pat finishing Bug Island, no idea what the other one could be

Evil Within?

Or maybe.. my personal choice.. God Hand.... It will never happen. :(

croten

It's D4 I think, not sure about Bug Island though, I'm stuck between that and Rule of Rose

P4lBjYF.png
From Reddit

I prefered the one-offs too. The 7 part LPs just didn't seem scary enough, whereas the one offs usually went to one good scare, which seemed a lot better than just playing weird games like RoR and Bug Island

croten

I prefered the one-offs too. The 7 part LPs just didn't seem scary enough, whereas the one offs usually went to one good scare, which seemed a lot better than just playing weird games like RoR and Bug Island

Bug Island and Rule of Rose were fantastic in their own right, not scary but they wouldn't have done them otherwise

360pages

Listening to Woolie, Matt and Liam go on about reviewers being dismissive of Korra and not giving it a fair try and all that, I just want to point out that while that is unfortunate. Those guys do the exact same thing, not really frequently, but more than occasionally.

The Naruto games are probably some I noticed really badly. Hell, I think the Naruto games are made over all better than the Korra game was.

There are a few other games, but that is one I can think of recently.

When did Pat having uncontrollable bladder problems become a thing??

The very last thing I'd want to do while being spooped is.... Poop.

Xiraiya

The Naruto games are probably some I noticed really badly. Hell, I think the Naruto games are made over all better than the Korra game was.
There are a few other games, but that is one I can think of recently.

Yeah, I mean when Pat and Matt played it, Pat pointed out that it felt fine control wise and stuff, and those games while simple, are really well done.

But it's just the attitude they get with things like that, that goes beyond just being like "I'm not into that series"
It's one of the rare cases I can agree more frequently with Liam because he can sometimes be like "I'm not into what this game is about but it's still a decent game."
Where as the others fuel eachother and get carried away and go over the top about being negative and then wonder why they end up pissing some people off, and it's like, watch your own videos sometimes and look at how you come across.
I care about them a great deal as a fan, but I'm always going to be honest when I feel that they're being retarded, because at the end of the day they appreciate honesty in their fans (Which is different to outrage).

I refuse to watch this Ju-On video. its the only movie i will never watch again. I still have nightmares and get creeped out over the scene where shes crawling down the stairs.

Xiraiya

I refuse to watch this Ju-On video. its the only movie i will never watch again. I still have nightmares and get creeped out over the scene where shes crawling down the stairs.

It's really not nearly as bad as the first video they did of it, Matt talks throughout the whole thing nonstop, so you don't need to worry about being sucked into the atmosphere or anything as he'll talk you right out of it.
And she doesn't really look scary close up, she's seen better days yeah, but still.

joe2187

Banned

I've grown accustomed to horror cliches at this point where nothing even fazes me anymore.

ju-on-for-pshop-128.gif

hilarious.

360pages

Yeah, I mean when Pat and Matt played it, Pat pointed out that it felt fine control wise and stuff, and those games while simple, are really well done.

But it's just the attitude they get with things like that, that goes beyond just being like "I'm not into that series"
It's one of the rare cases I can agree more frequently with Liam because he can sometimes be like "I'm not into what this game is about but it's still a decent game."
Where as the others fuel eachother and get carried away and go over the top about being negative and then wonder why they end up pissing some people off, and it's like, watch your own videos sometimes and look at how you come across.
I care about them a great deal as a fan, but I'm always going to be honest when I feel that they're being retarded, because at the end of the day they appreciate honesty in their fans (Which is different to outrage).

I can see that, though I can't blame them for a 10 min video, if they did a fisticuffs on it and was just complaining then it would be pretty stupid.

Xiraiya

Everytime horror movies are bought up anywhere, there are always people who go on about laughing at them yet I have never, ever seen it even remotely happen when watching movies with people, so at this point I just roll my eyes at that, horror movies affect everyone differently.

I would consider Alien/Aliens a Sci-Fi thriller rather than horror, personally. I love them, there are moments that can make you jump but the movies don't stick with me in a bad way or anything.
I don't particularly like horror movies because they never have stories or situations I care about, Aliens might be the only ones, but even then I think it could be debated if they fall into the category of horror and not thriller.

Squishy3

I've grown accustomed to horror cliches at this point where nothing even fazes me anymore.

ju-on-for-pshop-128.gif

hilarious.
Yeah, jump scares don't really get me anymore. I remember watching the first Paranormal Activity and there's that scene where the ghost or whatever runs down the stairs and then knocks the chandelier around. I was just thinking that it ran down the stairs, tripped, flipped over the banister and flew into the chandelier.

Village

Yeah, it'll probably be out late next year.

Still ridiculous on how this was announced in 2006.

Well thats what happens when you divert power to ff13 don't less namura release stuff when he has it and then have him also working on kh stuff

Namura is not happy apparently. But at least its getting done, toriyama needs to go

Also Kishimoto handed in the last of his homework

tumblr_nebdwomENG1shlaabo1_500.jpg

Jman014

Apparently there's zombies in Advanced Warfare. Didn't think Sledgehammer would bother with it seeing as it's Treyarch's thing.

Mr.Towel

Apparently there's zombies in Advanced Warfare. Didn't think Sledgehammer would bother with it seeing as it's Treyarch's thing.

It's not that surprising. I'm sure it's less Sledgehammer wanting to take a crack at the zombie thing and more Activision gently suggesting they do it because people go apeshit for that mode. Even the last Infinity Ward game had that alien mode in it.

croten

Do reviews in general matter?

I do think reviews matter but a point scoring system is dreadful. Make an objective argument as why a game is good or bad, having subjective opinions is good also as long as you make clear that it is your personal option and not a fact. Most reviews don't do that though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom