• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I love watching Woolie and Pat play through Dark Souls II so fucking much. I especially appreciate the lore dumps and drops from Pat, even though I should just spend a few hours reading the wiki for the games I just like hearing him spin a yarn.

I hope they do Dark Souls: prepare to Die edition, and perhaps Demon's Souls.

Then do Bloodborne when it comes out.

What's up guys?

Listening to this

while:

tumblr_m2r2326Z1M1qjczh3o1_500.gif

and Trying to find fun in the last few chapters of The Evil Within...
Ugh, at first I thought this game was great and I loved it but Chapters 11-13 so far have ruined the game for me.

Alien: Isolation is more survival horror then TEW even though it gave me those strong vibes Japanese Survival Horror vibes at first. I just love that the tone is more even in Alien: Isolation and it isn't like two opposite game design principles coming together and butting heads.

At so many points in the beginning it tries to be survival horror and mostly succeeds but then as they ramp up the action and do RE4 esque action stages, and odd turret setpieces later on that make the game feel like it's fighting itself, almost the game design itself ironically becoming another expression of the game's Asylum and Insanity themes. I also don't like how disconnected the story feels even though I expect that to kind of be the point, but this idea has been executed better in other medium but I did love the first 10 chapters of the game and the presentation; I just wished there was a bit more exposition inbetween.

I should do some sketches again someday.
For me right now, it's something other than giant robot designs.

Not to set expectations for when this will be finished, but I'm basically drawing up a "character action tribute." Bayo 2 has kinda put me in the mood for it, you could say it was the inspiration.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
NCR's (super-on) Time in Persona 4 #9(?)
I finally beat the first dungeon boss. It went a lot better than expected. I guess that what happens when you listen to frienders advice. Chie's multi hit ice attack is really useful. I barely got hit by a fire attack at all and when I did the get hit, the battle was pretty much over for the enemy. I also got really lucky when I used the reflect item on Chie so the boss would damage itself for 151 dmg. If I would have postponed that fight any longer, it would have been a game over.
So after I got yukiko in my party and I felt I could take on the za warudo. I found out there was another boss in the first dungeon and went with all my might.
I got rekted super hard in the first turn.

I finally beat the first dungeon boss. It went a lot better than expected. I guess that what happens when you listen to frienders advice. Chie's multi hit ice attack is really useful. I barely got hit by a fire attack at all and when I did the get hit, the battle was pretty much over for the enemy. I also got really lucky when I used the reflect item on Chie so the boss would damage itself for 151 dmg. If I would have postponed that fight any longer, it would have been a game over.
So after I got yukiko in my party and I felt I could take on the za warudo. I found out there was another boss in the first dungeon and went with all my might.

why arent you play the superior Golden version?
it has a detective costume damit

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/738/186/1186738.gif[/IMG[IMG]http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/738/186/1186738.gif[/IMG[IMG]http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/738/186/1186738.gif[/IMG

Someone doesn't want me to play this game. Well, fuck you, incompetent game developer, I got super PC powers.[/QUOTE]

assuming that since I have seen you launch the game 7 times in the last couple minutes It's going super good right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom