• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he do the whole hipster thing (too mainstream man) or is he just an ass about it?

He's just an ass about it, he doesn't like things he doesn't like, and he's aware of this, which he uses as an excuse to just be a dick about recommendations. It's so annoying because pretty much all of his favorite things are things I've introduced him to, but he still refuses to take any recommendations.

I guess that makes sense. Wonder how come he hasn't done a lp yet. I know he's busy but is about time for an all Zach lp
I got beaten but Zach did a pretty good Asura's Wrath LP, it's hidden somewhere on the site. As much as they don't want to and they got denied on actually doing an LP on YouTube I hope they play the game at some point on the site

Unless I am completely misremembering it I remember them saying something like they could not do it on YouTube that is

So, friender lore, they did an Asura's Wrath playthrough/quick look but I'm assuming Sega took it down because they had that weird copyright stint... Did they actually enjoy Asura's Wrath or did they think it was a crock of shit?

0AK5PI1.jpg

I think I'd be wholly terrified if a street gang emerged in NYC that was brutal, vicious, and all the members wore anime masks.

Ninja Turtles couldn't stop anything like that shit.

I think I'd be wholly terrified if a street gang emerged in NYC that was brutal, vicious, and all the members wore anime masks.

Ninja Turtles couldn't stop anything like that shit.

I was actually writing a web-series with a friend where we were involved in a gang called "The Whites." Where we wore all white cloths and beat people with PVC pipe, and one of the rival gangs was an anime club that were all in cosplay but were super hardcore gangsters.

The project fell through, but I still love The Whites as a gang concept.

I was actually writing a web-series with a friend where we were involved in a gang called "The Whites." Where we wore all white cloths and beat people with PVC pipe, and one of the rival gangs was an anime club that were all in cosplay but were super hardcore gangsters.

The project fell through, but I still love The Whites as a gang concept.

Sounds like an adaptation of The Warriors...

Write that shit. I'd go see it.

So, friender lore, they did an Asura's Wrath playthrough/quick look but I'm assuming Sega took it down because they had that weird copyright stint... Did they actually enjoy Asura's Wrath or did they think it was a crock of shit?

I think they compared it to gurren lagann which is why they hated it or something like that

Imagine the first part of a Clockwork Orange but the main guys gang was a group of hardcore Otakus, that would be fucked and and actually close to some creepy scenarios in some stuff

I've taken a dark step this day. I've gotten into Touhou. I'm about to passout, but I finally got it all working and from the few seconds I played, I can tell this is going to become a problem.

The Warriors was the primary influence. Though, I had never and still haven't seen it.

I recommend it. A really dark movie, but so much of the novel manifested on the silver screen really well.(Well the gang in the book actually had Mercedes hood ornaments around their neck in the book)

giphy.gif

I recommend it. A really dark movie, but so much of the novel manifested on the silver screen really well.(Well the gang in the book actually had Mercedes hood ornaments around their neck in the book)

I have this thing where I just don't watch movies, even if I know I'll enjoy them, I have trouble motivating myself to watch them.

Silly A-a-ron, people don't play 2hu. They just make cute fanart and videos.

I've heard fucking Owen was her or whatever the fuck it's called for years and I'm a huge Castle of Shikigami fan, so I've been meaning to try Touhou for awhile. All of the fan art I've seen is super high quality, though, so why is the ingame art so goddamn terrible?

I've heard fucking Owen was her or whatever the fuck it's called for years and I'm a huge Castle of Shikigami fan, so I've been meaning to try Touhou for awhile. All of the fan art I've seen is super high quality, though, so why is the ingame art so goddamn terrible?

Because, iirc, all of the main games are made by one guy which includes the art.

Rutti

I've taken a dark step this day. I've gotten into Touhou. I'm about to passout, but I finally got it all working and from the few seconds I played, I can tell this is going to become a problem.

I played one years ago. Bullet hells aren't really my thing so I got of easy. IOSYS still has me hooked tho.

demidar

But why doesn't he just use the fanart? It's so much better.

He wants to be the sole author on his games. There are exceptions, the fighting game spin-offs use alternate artists because he collaborates with another doujin circle, and another spin-off Great Fairy Wars uses the artist who worked on manga covering the same characters for consistency. But otherwise he wants to do everything himself.

There's nothing stopping you from swapping out the images in the game files though, but that requires some hacking.

He wants to be the sole author on his games. There are exceptions, the fighting game spin-offs use alternate artists because he collaborates with another doujin circle, and another spin-off Great Fairy Wars uses the artist who worked on manga covering the same characters for consistency. But otherwise he wants to do everything himself.

What about the games that emulate pre-existing games? (e.g. Mega Mari or Touhouvania)

demidar

What about the games that emulate pre-existing games? (e.g. Mega Mari or Touhouvania)

They're doujins, ZUN doesn't work on them. Everything in those games are created from scratch (or remixed).

The spin-offs that ZUN does work on are effectively canon and official entries (Immaterial and Missing Power, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, Hisoutensoku, Great Fairy Wars, Hopeless Masquerade).

Oh so did end up getting one, well done!
That life and Hometown

He made a list of games he's getting and he put SK last.

They're doujins, ZUN doesn't work on them. Everything in those games are created from scratch (or remixed).

The spin-offs that ZUN does work on are effectively canon and official entries (Immaterial and Missing Power, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, Hisoutensoku, Great Fairy Wars, Hopeless Masquerade).

Hah, so the only touhou games I like are the ones not made by ZUN. Amazing. Then again, I haven't played any of the canon spin off games so I guess there's still a chance.

Is it bad that I like 12 better than all the ones that work with modern PCs?

Not that kind though

My PS3 library is pretty sparse. When I eventually buy a PS4 for Bloodborne it'll be awesome.

Remember to import 4.1 and Creepy Anime Bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom