• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Hah, so the only touhou games I like are the ones not made by ZUN. Amazing. Then again, I haven't played any of the canon spin off games so I guess there's still a chance.

Well they're anime fighting games with emphasis on mobility, projectiles and air dashes. But there are a lot of other doujin games that I can't quite remember right now.

Is it bad that I like 12 better than all the ones that work with modern PCs?

UFO? I haven't got to that yet but I guess I can understand it.

As an aside, what was the reception to Deception 4? Does it taper off towards the end?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I haven't played an EDF game, but they look like Monster Hunter 3rd person shooters, if only because you take out a big monster/insect/robot. The games looked good since Matt and Pat played it for Machinima, so I'm down.

Really? A game where you kill giant bugs doesn't seem interesting to me in the slightest. Kind of stupid, really.

I'm weird when it comes to third-person shooters, also. I have a type of bias.

UFO? I haven't got to that yet but I guess I can understand it.

Somehow I've mistaken 12 for 13. Ten Desires seems to be newb frendly. but really cool when you use it. The fact that you have to work hard on getting the temp invincablity i pretty cool.

UFO seems really cool still. I don't understand what the actual UFOs do tho.

As an aside, what was the reception to Deception 4? Does it taper off towards the end?

A USgamer review http://www.usgamer.net/articles/deception-iv-blood-ties-ps3-review-trapt-again-by-the-kagero said:
I'm glad the that Deception series is back, but Deception IV: Blood Ties isn't its highpoint. The game has lost some of the wonderful trap creation of the earlier titles and replaced it with a dose of fanservice. The challenge swings between simply walking the dumb AI into your elaborate traps, or outright exploiting it so that the cheap bosses don't kill you easily. But it's still Deception, and you're not going to find another game quite like it. If that's your jam, you'll still find a fun time here.
Really? A game where you kill giant bugs doesn't seem interesting to me in the slightest. Kind of stupid, really.
Well, of course it's silly. The point is if it's fun to play.

I was planning to play Bayonetta 2 nonstop last night, but I made dinner for my girlfriend and started watching some Gaki no Tsukai. Then I did something else nonstop.

Hopefully I can start/beat Bayonetta 2 today because I have an early class tomorrow.

I'm weird when it comes to third-person shooters, also. I have a type of bias.

I like it due to the shooty bits.

All the weapons have different gimmicks so I can keep interest. All of them feel really good to use also.

I was planning to play Bayonetta 2 nonstop last night, but I made dinner for my girlfriend and started watching some Gaki no Tsukai. Then I did something else nonstop.

Hopefully I can start/beat Bayonetta 2 today because I have an early class tomorrow.

You and your physical doujins. I don't think you can read all of your doujins notstop.
/s

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I keep meaning to play my massive backlog of games, but anime keeps stopping me. As well as homework. And extracurriculars.

tumblr_m88gyaDtgu1rbfp7do1_400.gif
Community gifs feel appropriate with this tagline.

croten

Something something infinite climax

demidar

Somehow I've mistaken 12 for 13. Ten Desires seems to be newb frendly. but really cool when you use it. The fact that you have to work hard on getting the temp invincablity i pretty cool.

UFO seems really cool still. I don't understand what the actual UFOs do tho.

Reading up on in, the Trance mechanic does sound pretty cool. But they split up bombs again? Not sure what to think about that.

I'm glad the that Deception series is back, but Deception IV: Blood Ties isn't its highpoint. The game has lost some of the wonderful trap creation of the earlier titles and replaced it with a dose of fanservice. The challenge swings between simply walking the dumb AI into your elaborate traps, or outright exploiting it so that the cheap bosses don't kill you easily. But it's still Deception, and you're not going to find another game quite like it. If that's your jam, you'll still find a fun time here.

I haven't played a Deception game so that shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't played an EDF game, but they look like Monster Hunter 3rd person shooters, if only because you take out a big monster/insect/robot. The games looked good since Matt and Pat played it for Machinima, so I'm down.

I haven't played Monster Hunter, but do all the weapons play differently? In EDF, all of the weapons play differently.

Something something infinite climax
Umbran Climax
I haven't played a Deception game so that shouldn't be a problem.
I expect it to be repetitive and broken as hell, apparently the AI is easily exploited, but holy hell if I don't want to do trap combos on the go.
I haven't played Monster Hunter, but do all the weapons play differently? In EDF, all of the weapons play differently.
Definitely! and they're all comparable. It's just as awesome in MH, I'm sure.

Nordicus

Yup, they do. Different movesets for starters, and then added to that every weapon class has a sort of designed specialty, whether implicit or explicit. For example, Hunting Horns work as massive club-like weapons, but their true purpose is party-wide buffs

JoJo94

So, I stumbled onto something pretty cool.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/473463284/cannon-busters-the-animated-series-pilot

LeSean Thomas (Guy who worked on Boondocks S1&2 and Legend of Korra S1) is trying to kickstart a pilot for his new show. He has also enlisted the help of Joe Madureira and a few other notable people.

Not sure how I feel about the plot yet.

But man the art and animation style is amazing, and all of those names behind it makes it really tempting to give them a to of money cause I trust they'll get it done. I also loved how someone mentioned that to get more cartoons you have to go out of the circle pretty much which lets me know they know what they are talking about.

Won't be funding yet, but I might if I can. Great find man...you're still a baka

Not sure how I feel about the plot yet.

But man the art and animation style is amazing, and all of those names behind it makes it really tempting to give them a to of money cause I trust they'll get it done. I also loved how someone mentioned that to get more cartoons you have to go out of the circle pretty much which lets me know they know what they are talking about.

Won't be funding yet, but I might if I can. Great find man...you're still a baka

Don't be like Woolie with Under the Dog,
Shin Woolie

I don't have the funds either to actually spend my money on Kickstarter. I'm still trying to get weird Japanese games for my PS3.

Woof is that a high goal. It's probably reasonable for the project, but man.

With that quality of animation, I expected more than a 120,000 goal.

JoJo94

Don't be like Woolie with Under the Dog,
Shin Woolie

I don't have the funds either to actually spend my money on Kickstarter. I'm still trying to get weird Japanese games for my PS3.

With that quality of animation, I expected more than a 120,000 goal.

WHile I personally would rather wait until it's safe, I know that's extremely dirty. So I just wait for it to get at least 50% of it's goal before I really start considering funding it.

JoJo94

Yeah, the plot is pretty generic, but eh. Everything else looks great.

You're the baka, baka.

I mean it could be a generic plot but told really well for all we know. But for just laying it out seems predictable. Like you said though everything else is great.

Stupidjerkihateyou (boredom caused me to start this...sorry)

I mean it could be a generic plot but told really well for all we know. But for just laying it out seems predictable. Like you said though everything else is great.

Stupidjerkihateyou (boredom caused me to start this...sorry)

That 120k goal seems awfully low, though.

You're not forgiven
:p

Is there any way to send this to Pat for the Podcast?

I wanna see Woolie back down on the kickstarter until the last second.

You could tweet it to him.

360pages

Blegh, can't focus on typing at all. Just when I finished my patch job on my tank, my water heater gets a leak. Managed to seal it up and what not. But going to have to get new ones for both of them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom