• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
the-shockmaster-o.gif

76b.gif

Squishy3

I don't understand how game devs think that 30fps looks better than 60.

We should have our own Friday Night Fisticuffs. I wanna play some fighters with people more. I need to git gud at Skullgirls.
It's the best for action games and it's the most cinematic a game can be without actually running at 24 FPS, and most importantly, it's all about the feel of 60. WHO NEEDS ACTUAL 60 FPS WHEN YOU HAVE 30 FPS THAT FEELS LIKE 60 FPS?

They don't. They just lie to justify their choices to get shinier games.

They don't. But they need to convince the consumer that it's acceptable.

How can we trust the game devs if they keep on making excuses? I know that its important to influence customers to buy their games, but people really want immersion don't they?

Ask really loudly:

YO SKULLGIRLS WHO'S IN?

Also when Beowulf comes out it'll probably get some life.

I'll ask every friday then. Ill ask too for divekick and Niddhog.

I wish there was another kickstarter for more characters. I want at least 20.

It's the best for action games and it's the most cinematic a game can be without actually running at 24 FPS, and most importantly, it's all about the feel of 60. WHO NEEDS ACTUAL 60 FPS WHEN YOU HAVE 30 FPS THAT FEELS LIKE 60 FPS?

I can understand that for Bayo 2 somewhat. Even if it's not actually 60 all the time, they tried their hardest to make it fun and feel good.

I don't understand how game devs think that 30fps looks better than 60.

We should have our own Friday Night Fisticuffs. I wanna play some fighters with people more. I need to git gud at Skullgirls.

I work 11-12 hour shifts on Fridays or I'd be more than down for Skullgirls. If you guys are on closer to midnight I'll definitely join.

We also need to get back to ultimax and start some smash (wii U) when that comes out, now that October is over.

I work 11-12 hour shifts on Fridays or I'd be more than down for Skullgirls. If you guys are on closer to midnight I'll definitely join.

We also need to get back to ultimax and start some smash (wii U) when that comes out, now that October is over.

What timezone are you in? I'm Central and I sleep at 3 am.

Squishy3

What the fuck is this sentence even
Are you not familiar with that statement?

“60 frames per second is a speed the brain and the eye can catch up with and understand,” he said. “But at 30 frames per second there's a technique where you take advantage of the brain's ability to fill in the blanks.

“So even though you have it running at 30 frames per second, you create the motions and the poses in such a way that the brain will naturally fill in what would have been the extra frames.

“Also, on the players' side, we made some adjustments to the button response and when it's reflected on screen.”

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...feel-of-60-frames-per-second-publisher-claims

Squishy3

you mean 60fps

Wow. Woooooowww. I'm done. First it's Fromsoft, now this.
I mean, that statement is 2 years old and DmC already bombed so Ninja Theory is never making another, so hopefully we'll never have to settle for the feel of 60 FPS again. Hell, Deep Down is one of the best looking games announced and that's 60 FPS.

5Xy4.gif

I mean, that statement is 2 years old and DmC already bombed so Ninja Theory is never making another, so hopefully we'll never have to settle for the feel of 60 FPS again. Hell, Deep Down is one of the best looking games announced and that's 60 FPS.

Oh man this gif took a bit to load so at first I thought you were making a joke, since it was going at about 2 frames a second.

Also I'm glad that was mistranslated, it didn't sound right when it was reported.

Squishy3

Oh man this gif took a bit to load so at first I thought you were making a joke, since it was going at about 2 frames a second.

Also I'm glad that was mistranslated, it didn't sound right when it was reported.
I bet the properly translated words are even worse. The guys who posted the original interview have it in audio and have been told they can't share it.

Jman014

I was actually excited for Heavenly Sword, until I actually played the game.

It makes God of War look like Ninja Gaiden.

There should be a Fire Emblem X Revengeance character action game crossover.

Imagine Lucina fighting Armstrong and
he fucking breaks Falchion.

And you can totally zandatsu bandits and Risen.

Or do that dumb spinning move that Chrom and Lucina do.

Rutti

How can we trust the game devs if they keep on making excuses? I know that its important to influence customers to buy their games, but people really want immersion don't they?

It might be bit cynical but don't trust them. At least the ones that don't have a good record that you know of. Also graphics are easier to market than 60fps since many people don't even know much about frame rates and it's implementation in gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom