• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So
I can't actually fucking handle Madoka Goddamn Motherfucking Jesus Is A Thirteen-Year-Old Girl Magica
If any more of my offhand comments just magically become canon I'm going to assume the worst and kill myself before I turn into a witch.
one last offhand comment and Madoka has officially now died for our sins and is a law of the universe. And also in the afterlife. And God. And the Madoka universe is now infinitely closer to that of a standard magical girl show where things are happy and absolute despair isn't the only way to end your life. What a weird show. It was never stupid, and I never felt lost, but there's a point in the middle (and maybe this is because I assumed the worst from the start) where I just lost the will to live keep watching. Luckily, I did, and I don't regret watching the show. Not my favorite anime, but it's earned its place on the list of greats.

So one last offhand comment and Madoka has officially now died for our sins and is a law of the universe. And also in the afterlife. And God. And the Madoka universe is now infinitely closer to that of a standard magical girl show where things are happy and absolute despair isn't the only way to end your life. What a weird show. It was never stupid, and I never felt lost, but there's a point in the middle (and maybe this is because I assumed the worst from the start) where I just lost the will to live keep watching. Luckily, I did, and I don't regret watching the show. Not my favorite anime, but it's earned its place on the list of greats.

Woolf

Now go watch Rebellion.

I don't have an Xbone and I bought it over online the store for full price

Good job. But FTFY don't let microsoft and Paul Marketing win

EDIT: I just watched Madoka in one shot in one night.
gone-done.gif

NOW EVERYONE WATCH KILL LA KILL IF YA HAVEN'T AND REDLINE IF YA HAVE
And if you've seen both, go watch the Hellsing abridged series
And if you've seen that, None Piece is a good choice
And if that's not your thing, I guess you could just watch Gurren Lagann again

Good job. But FTFY don't let microsoft and Paul Marketing win

EDIT: I just watched Madoka in one shot in one night.
gone-done.gif

NOW EVERYONE WATCH KILL LA KILL IF YA HAVEN'T AND REDLINE IF YA HAVE
And if you've seen both, go watch the Hellsing abridged series
And if you've seen that, None Piece is a good choice
And if that's not your thing, I guess you could just watch Gurren Lagann again
I haven't watched any of those things
:D

So one last offhand comment and Madoka has officially now died for our sins and is a law of the universe. And also in the afterlife. And God. And the Madoka universe is now infinitely closer to that of a standard magical girl show where things are happy and absolute despair isn't the only way to end your life. What a weird show. It was never stupid, and I never felt lost, but there's a point in the middle (and maybe this is because I assumed the worst from the start) where I just lost the will to live keep watching. Luckily, I did, and I don't regret watching the show. Not my favorite anime, but it's earned its place on the list of greats.

Glad you enjoyed it and happy I posted that gif.
Fucking Godoka had me flipping my shit back when it aired
. I still haven't watched Rebellion, but your having watched this has motivated me, tomorrow night I'm doing that shit for serious.

How about that final witch tho.

kgsldv.png

SHIT He's shilling super hard.

Also this is amazing. Have TBFP ever had a game dev shill like this?

Maybe I should finish Hellsing and get on that

Maybe I should watch Hellsing Ultimate, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, and Archer.

I just got my friend to marathon 80% of the series today and even him in his hatred of recommendations enjoyed it. It's a fun series, and the Abridged isn't the best by any means, but its a lot of fun and is just enjoyable. And Alf, you definitely need to watch Archer.

"All of the Best Friends hate Hunter X Hunter"
I could handle Log Horizon, but not this... not this....

They haven't really seen it, from what they've all seen it's completely understandable that they'd hate it. I honestly kinda hated it for awhile for being nothing special.

Oh what? The podcast is up? I wasn't expecting this. Guess I'll listen to it then while playing SMTIV. Or something that requires a grind
because SMTIV is fucking easy now

kewlmyc

They haven't really seen it, from what they've all seen it's completely understandable that they'd hate it. I honestly kinda hated it for awhile for being nothing special.

Yeah, they like short shows (26 episodes), so it's understandable why they'll hate a show that doesn't really get memorable until the Phantom Trope arc which is 30 or so episodes in. I'm kinda the same, which is why I won't get into One Piece and I had to force myself through the Hunter Test arc.

Still hurts though, but they don't really have time to force through 30 episodes of build up (or do they?).

Yeah, they like short shows (26 episodes), so it's understandable why they'll hate a show that doesn't really get memorable until the Phantom Trope arc which is 30 or so episodes in. I'm kinda the same, which is why I won't get into One Piece and I had to force myself through the Hunter Test arc.

Still hurts though, but they don't really have time to force through 30 episodes of build up (or do they?).

I honestly don't think it becomes anything but standard until Chimera Ant arc, it's not even until Yorknew that I was enjoying the show, let alone calling it great.

JoJo94

Oh what? The podcast is up? I wasn't expecting this. Guess I'll listen to it then while playing SMTIV. Or something that requires a grind
because SMTIV is fucking easy now

Yeah once you figure out what you're doing, and get good demons to help you it becomes a cake walk.

Not surprised to hear that the new COD is actually good.

As happens every time I watch anything Abridged, I just rewatched all of Dub of the North Star.

The thing that has me losing my shit more than anything is Lin saying "You a rapscallion, Boot!" I'm losing it so hard at that stupid joke.

I don't honestly understand how someone could get this upset over this

" we aren't releasing for this console that is nothing on this continent we will instead release it on a something console "

People like thing. Thing is not supported. Thing is rumored to get good thing. Doesn't get good thing. Good thing is now on thing that is not the thing people like. People get upset at lack of good thing on thing they like.

Village

People like thing. Thing is not supported. Thing is rumored to get good thing. Doesn't get good thing. Good thing is now on thing that is not the thing people like. People get upset at lack of good thing on thing they like.

See if this was a wiiu , I would be more inclined to understand. Because I can see a family picking up a wii u and wondering where are the games.

I am convinced if you have a vita , you at least something about the video games industry. To which I ask, and as harsh as this sounds, why are expecting games to come out on this nothing ass dead ass console. Epically in the west.

Like when you buy a vita, the person at gamestop or whatever should hand you a receipt that says " you fucked up "

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
See if this was a wiiu , I would be more inclined to understand. Because I can see a family picking up a wii u and wondering where are the games.

I am convinced if you have a vita , you at least something about the video games industry. To which I ask, and as harsh as this sounds, why are expecting games to come out on this nothing ass dead ass console. Epically in the west.

Like when you buy a vita, the person at gamestop or whatever should hand you a receipt that says " you fucked up "

I got a Vita for the kinds of games I like. Indies and niche-ass Japanese games. Of which it has plenty of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom