• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really pronounced "TooWho"? I always pronounced it as "ToeHoe."

But to answer the question legitimately, realistically nobody. I don't know anybody who would enjoy this, but if you guys like games and haven't play the Touhou, you should do it.
Nah, I just wanted to make a shitty pun.
As far as your actual answer, lol. I'm not too well versed in Shmups, so maybe I should try something less intense.
The music is good for it and there is a ton of fan stuff. As for the games, it's ok. If you like micro managing between tiny gaps between bullets.
I've seen gameplay videos, but I always assumed that was top tier stuff, bullet hell lives up to the name, anyway.

Zenfalcia

Random use in different things, videos being labeled entirely in Japanese, people playing it. Shit like that.

Hmm.. Understandable, especially if you only watched videos with japanese titles.

I've seen gameplay videos, but I always assumed that was top tier stuff, bullet hell lives up to the name, anyway.

You can change the difficulty to make it piss easy. Usually it's played on the highest difficulty for videos.

Touhou is great. Really fun bullet hell shooters and if its your thing the waifu factor is strong.
Sakuya best 2hu

I cannot get behind any of these designs since the art is on par any random Deviant Art account. I've also not been paying attention to the dialog, though I liked the Ice Girl in 6.

Village

The author wanted a fully incest ending except the higher-ups didn't want that to happen due to its popularity and promotion of incest. Would it have been better? IDK maybe.

I don't care about it being better, it could have been the worst, I just wanted them to commit to the bit.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just love shmups in general. 1CC'ing Crimzon Clover
on Novice (shit's still stupid hard)
is one of my greatest gaming achievements.

Nah, I just wanted to make a shitty pun.
As far as your actual answer, lol. I'm not too well versed in Shmups, so maybe I should try something less intense.

They actually have some of the best difficulty options I've seen in Bullet Hells, give it a shot, it might open you up to a whole new genre like Castle of Shikigami 3 did for me.

I just love shmups in general. 1CC'ing Crimzon Clover
on Novice (shit's still stupid hard)
is one of my greatest gaming achievements.

For whatever reason I can't get into any shmups that aren't an anime character flying through some magic bullshit. Anytime it's a ship or even a mech I lose a considerable amount of interest for some reason.

They actually have some of the best difficulty options I've seen in Bullet Hells, give it a shot, it might open you up to a whole new genre like Castle of Shikigami 3 did for me.
Really? Alright, that sounds cool. I'll go give it a shot. My only Shmups I put a lot of time into are stuff like Galaga, which I do love, but it's a world apart from bullet hells.
For whatever reason I can't get into any shmups that aren't an anime character flying through some magic bullshit. Anytime it's a ship or even a mech I lose a considerable amount of interest for some reason.
Play that No More Heroes 2 Shmup
It's not that hard, start on Normal (or Easy) and just keep playing. Shmups are such that you get better naturally.

Just note, playing on Easy usually comes with some... penalties.
Should I ask or should I let the ambiguity stay intentional?

demidar

It's not that hard, start on Normal (or Easy) and just keep playing. Shmups are such that you get better naturally.

Zenfalcia

Anime girls make everything better. I'd play an anime girl CoD.
heh.

Really? Alright, that sounds cool. I'll go give it a shot. My only Shmups I put a lot of time into are stuff like Galaga, which I do love, but it's a world apart from bullet hells.

People recommended I start with either 11 for being awesome and really refined from a gameplay standpoint or 6 from a music/character/simplicity standpoint. I say go with 6.

Play that No More Heroes 2 Shmup

I did... I did all of the characters and difficulty levels too...

Anime girls make everything better. I'd play an anime girl CoD.
heh.

I'd play that in a second. If they released a Gun Gale Online game I've play that to death.

I thought I heard that Zun made easy mode so little kids could play

My favorite is 13 because of how cool trance mode is.

I'll wait til Zun goes digital before playing anymore.

Neol

I cannot get behind any of these designs since the art is on par any random Deviant Art account. I've also not been paying attention to the dialog, though I liked the Ice Girl in 6.

To be fair the game is all done by one guy and many would agree hes not the greatest of artists. I like to think this game thrives on the fan community with its MANY different forms of media everywhere where the made up fanlore actually becomes very attached to the character itself.

It why people like Kancolle so much.

Squishy3

oh god the latest chapter of ippo don't do this to me morikawa

at least my xbox one is at the shipping now phase to get over that downer

To be fair the game is all done by one guy and many would agree hes not the greatest of artists. I like to think this game thrives on the fan community with its MANY different forms of media everywhere where the made up fanlore actually becomes very attached to the character itself.
It why people like Kancolle so much.

I understand that and his intention to make every part himself, but that still doesn't mean I want to look at his deviant art shit forever. If I get way more into these games I might look into some of the fan stuff, though.

Village

It would've made all the decisions/plot points mean more if they committed.

Its like when you found out chopper couldn't stay in his teenaged looking form after the reboot because some mooks at jump told em that OP needed a mascot and he should stay small.

You know who is the mascot of one peice, luffy. I missed out on that sick character design because some upstairs mooks wouldn't let him commit to his bit

Chopper could have been this sick shit the whole time

5JfuxtM.jpg

Damnit whoever convinced him not to do this!

Zenfalcia

I understand that and his intention to make every part himself, but that still doesn't mean I want to look at his deviant art shit forever. If I get way more into these games I might look into some of the fan stuff, though.

Some of the fan stuff looks way better. You forgot to mention his music composition is great but his choice of how to play the music is ok. At least there's great mixes of his songs. Like jazz version.. mmm.. so good.

Squishy3

Its like when you found out chopper couldn't stay in his teenaged looking form after the reboot because some mooks at jump told em that OP needed a mascot and he should stay small.

You know who is the mascot of one peice, luffy. I missed out on that sick character design because some upstairs mooks wouldn't let him commit to his bit

5JfuxtM.jpg

kung fu point is also the best

Zenfalcia

You need a cute animal mascot though! That's what the girls love.

I knew it. I knew that someone would post that song.

Village

You need a cute animal mascot though! That's what the girls love.

You wanna know what girls love, well some of them

Half naked pirate dudes hanging out on a ship, so they can ship them with other pirate dudes.

Chopper could have looked so damn cool!

I hope they do another time skip and he looks like that forever.

Third Gear Luffy should be the mascot
b64b7ad5c27af969e9d20ce798ab443d.jpg

demidar

Sakuya is just a walking DIO reference anyway.

You wanna know what girls love, well some of them

Half naked pirate dudes hanging out on a ship, so they can ship them with other pirate dudes.

Chopper could have looked so damn cool!

I hope they do another time skip and he looks like that forever.

To be fair, the guy Strawhats are usually more interesting than the girls.

Well that's not really fair considering there's only two of them. And I don't think the next one's gonna be a girl either.

So, now we're TouhouGAF? I guess that's fine.
Marisa da bess.

I knew I liked you for a reason.

We do have a Touhou community thread but we can use some fresh blood.

demidar

Is it mostly about the fanstuff? Because I'm not into bullet hells.

It's mostly about the games but you can bring up anything. People have talked about fanstuff before, like lamenting that the SWR fangames will probably never be fantranslated, talking about the best non-lewd doujins and how some Touhou fangames are coming to the PS4. We had a huge discussion about music too.

It's a bit dead at the moment though :(

Village

Sakuya is just a walking DIO reference anyway.

To be fair, the guy Strawhats are usually more interesting than the girls.

Well that's not really fair considering there's only two of them. And I don't think the next one's gonna be a girl either.

Nico NIco Robin is the shit tho

By the way anyone notice that alot of the straw hats have rap names

Zenfalcia

It's mostly about the games but you can bring up anything. People have talked about fanstuff before, like lamenting that the SWR fangames will probably never be fantranslated, talking about the best non-lewd doujins and how some Touhou fangames are coming to the PS4. We had a huge discussion about music too.

It's a bit dead at the moment though :(

What can they really talk about? Ships? post fan art/animations? It's not like everythingGAF where we talk about on-topic stuff all the time.

demidar

Nico NIco Robin is the shit tho

By the way anyone notice that alot of the straw hats have rap names

Nico Robin > Nami in almost all aspects.

What can they really talk about? Ships? post fan art/animations? It's not like everythingGAF where we talk about on-topic stuff all the time.

A fair enough question, there's only so much you can talk about. But I ain't gonna stop shilling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom