• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

A good amount of great games are on Vita, mostly Japanese games, a lot of them being JRPGs. A mobile JRPG is getting a port, people also happen to really enjoy JRPGs on handhelds, so the rumor of it coming to Vita was awesome, since that's how I prefer to play JRPGs at this point. I'm still excited for it, but less than I would be if it was for Vita.

And now, it would be way better on Vita since the VitaTV is out and I could switch at my leisure! Dammit I wanted this on Vita!

See if this was a wiiu , I would be more inclined to understand. Because I can see a family picking up a wii u and wondering where are the games.

I am convinced if you have a vita , you at least something about the video games industry. To which I ask, and as harsh as this sounds, why are expecting games to come out on this nothing ass dead ass console. Epically in the west.

Like when you buy a vita, the person at gamestop or whatever should hand you a receipt that says " you fucked up "
The Vita as it stands is nothing but niche Japanese games and if you like that, it's a great device for it. Considering Square's output for the PSP when it was doing poorly over here and the fact that most people who even play vita games are buying JRPGs and anime style games it should not be too far a stretch that a final fantasy spin off would pop up on it. Especially ones that have been announced like this case

tumblr_n7wm8tUmlN1s87dhro1_500.png

tumblr_n7wm8tUmlN1s87dhro2_500.png

tumblr_n7wm8tUmlN1s87dhro3_500.png

That's SAO right? I'm going to assume it's SAO.

Village

tumblr_n7wm8tUmlN1s87dhro1_500.png

tumblr_n7wm8tUmlN1s87dhro2_500.png

tumblr_n7wm8tUmlN1s87dhro3_500.png

That's SAO right? I'm going to assume it's SAO.

That ending was such a cop out.

A good amount of great games are on Vita, mostly Japanese games, a lot of them being JRPGs. A mobile JRPG is getting a port, people also happen to really enjoy JRPGs on handhelds, so the rumor of it coming to Vita was awesome, since that's how I prefer to play JRPGs at this point. I'm still excited for it, but less than I would be if it was for Vita.

And now, it would be way better on Vita since the VitaTV is out and I could switch at my leisure! Dammit I wanted this on Vita!

At least you understand what you bought.

Not at all. In SAO he gets married to redhead girl then turns down his Cousin-Sister.

>redhead
>meymey arrows

Who was better with their sets of hometown and life? Also... Married? How old is he?
And yes, married. They're 15-16 or something. Also they adopted a digi-loli they found in the digi-woods of the mmo they were stuck in after discovering that she was, in fact, not a digi-ghost.

Who was better with their sets of hometown and life? Also... Married? How old is he?

Life is under-represented in both, and while hometown is a focus, neither are actually all that great.
I'd say Oreimo, though.

And they got married in the Sword Art Online MMO since it lets you share inventory, then spent like five episodes on a honeymoon, then remained together and refer to each other as husband and wife. And he's like 16, though he was around 14-15 when the series started.

Life is under-represented in both, and while hometown is a focus, neither are actually all that great.
I'd say Oreimo, though.

And they got married in the Sword Art Online MMO since it lets you share inventory, then spent like five episodes on a honeymoon, then remained together and refer to each other as husband and wife. And he's like 16, though he was around 14-15 when the series started.

weird

The author wanted a fully incest ending except the higher-ups didn't want that to happen due to its popularity and promotion of incest. Would it have been better? IDK maybe.

It would have been better. Regardless of your stance on the morality/creepiness of it, having a pussyfoot ending is worse than anything.

Zenfalcia

Not at all. In SAO he gets married to redhead girl then turns down his Cousin-Sister.

You also forgot that he doesn't return any of the feelings of the other girls, who are friendzoned.

It would have been better. Regardless of your stance on the morality/creepiness of it, having a pussyfoot ending is worse than anything.

Yep, but OreImo got too popular for the author to do that. Therefore pussy non ending.

demidar

Agreed. Go full incest or pull back completely, fuck this middle ground bullshit. It reminds of weak-ass, milquetoast, indecisive harem protagonists. God it pisses me off.

Zenfalcia

The answer is no. It would have crushed SAO beyond what it's already at now.

I'm talking about OreImo not SAO, sorry about the confusion.

Agreed. Go full incest or pull back completely, fuck this middle ground bullshit. It reminds of weak-ass, milquetoast, indecisive harem protagonists. God it pisses me off.

But japan loves this luke warm harem stuff. If it has ecchi they go even more crazy.

So one last offhand comment and Madoka has officially now died for our sins and is a law of the universe. And also in the afterlife. And God. And the Madoka universe is now infinitely closer to that of a standard magical girl show where things are happy and absolute despair isn't the only way to end your life. What a weird show. It was never stupid, and I never felt lost, but there's a point in the middle (and maybe this is because I assumed the worst from the start) where I just lost the will to live keep watching. Luckily, I did, and I don't regret watching the show. Not my favorite anime, but it's earned its place on the list of greats.
I very much shared the same sentiment. When a 12 episode show becomes hard to continue watching it's kinda awkward, but it think it holds up ok.
Like when you buy a vita, the person at gamestop or whatever should hand you a receipt that says " you fucked up "

Zenfalcia

I don't mind warm and fuzzy/superfeels, just indecisiveness.

That's the point. Indecisive so that all the girls seem to have a chance when in reality they don't. It makes people choose their favourite girl/dere/personality for an anime and still buy the DVDs and BDs for their waifu.

Maybe it's a little hard.

It's not at all! It's all because she's
an ai designed to deal with people coping with coming to sao, so it's sorta understandable that she want to bond with people.. Except the daddy part IS A LITTLE HARD TO DIGEST. Damn you writer. DAMN YOU!

demidar

That's the point. Indecisive so that all the girls seem to have a chance when in reality they don't. It makes people choose their favourite girl/dere/personality for an anime and still buy the DVDs and BDs for their waifu.

Those money-grubbing bastards! Well, they'll not get my money, I'll get my OTPs from Tumblr! *adjusts monocle*

Zenfalcia

Those money-grubbing bastards! Well, they'll not get my money, I'll get my OTPs from Tumblr! *adjusts monocle*

Not just money grubbing, for an author it's also easy to have multiple girls in it and keep the reader remotely interested between interactions with each character of possibly becoming romantic.. Just look at Nisekoi.
NOTHING HAPPENS FOR HUNDREDS OF CHAPTERS. OH LOOK ANOTHER GIRL WITH A KEY! MAYBE THAT'S THE REAL GIRL.JSL;FAKJFA. Sad thing is, i still enjoy it so much.. dammit..

I just found out that I've been listening to Touhou music before I knew what Touhou was. God this game is so fun, it's the new hotness that is not at all new.

Zenfalcia

I just found out that I've been listening to Touhou music before I knew what Touhou was. God this game is so fun, it's the new hotness that is not at all new.

How did you not know what touhou was if you were listening to the music?

2hu would you recommend this game?

The music is good for it and there is a ton of fan stuff. As for the games, it's ok. If you like micro managing between tiny gaps between bullets.

2hu would you recommend this game?

Is it really pronounced "TooWho"? I always pronounced it as "ToeHoe."

But to answer the question legitimately, realistically nobody. I don't know anybody who would enjoy this, but if you guys like games and haven't play the Touhou, you should do it.

How did you not know what touhou was if you were listening to the music?

Random use in different things, videos being labeled entirely in Japanese, people playing it. Shit like that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is it really pronounced "TooWho"? I always pronounced it as "ToeHoe."

But to answer the question legitimately, realistically nobody. I don't know anybody who would enjoy this, but if you guys like games and haven't play the Touhou, you should do it.

Random use in different things, videos being labeled entirely in Japanese, people playing it. Shit like that.

I enjoy the shit outta Touhou. Perfect Cherry Blossom is my jam.

Neol

Touhou is great. Really fun bullet hell shooters and if its your thing the waifu factor is strong.

Sakuya best 2hu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom