• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfebit

Banned
SWC you might want to mark those as Madoka Spoilers. Not everyone reading this thread knows you're watching it.

Edit: ...And you erased all those bars and I look foolish.

Edit2: ........And now you've posted them again further down. At least you marked them.

Oh my god
Oh my god
It's actually the Spiral Nemesis
And Kyubey is actually the anti-spiral
And they fight the Spiral Nemesis with absolute despair
Only it's the absolute despair of the Twilight crowd
I can't actually fucking handle Madoka Goddamn Motherfucking Jesus Is A Thirteen-Year-Old Girl Magica
If any more of my offhand comments just magically become canon I'm going to assume the worst and kill myself before I turn into a witch. Also bye Kyoko, you were cool

COD is new gundam confirmed.

Oh my god
Oh my god
It's actually the Spiral Nemesis
And Kyubey is actually the anti-spiral
And they fight the Spiral Nemesis with absolute despair
Only it's the absolute despair of the Twilight crowd
I can't actually fucking handle Madoka Goddamn Motherfucking Jesus Is A Thirteen-Year-Old Girl Magica
If any more of my offhand comments just magically become canon I'm going to assume the worst and kill myself before I turn into a witch. Also bye Kyoko, you were cool

Its bullshit btw. I love it.

P3P vs FES comes down to this

If Portable had the FES story sections, then maybe you kool-aid-drinking, Ken-lovers have an argument. Otherwise, go cry
over Shinjiro's corpse that is canonically 6 feet under.

ultimax

Exactly, fuck the answer. Which is why P3P is better. You know what shouldn't fuck off though? DIRECT COMMANDS <3333
Atlus tried giving me an answer for a question i never asked. a sequel to P3 just sounds so wrong. especially after that fuckmylife ending
I really like the old style of FES. The card mechanics completely break the game in the end of P3P.

i can see peoples arguments about the whole P3 wasnt designed around direct commands thing, because thats totally true, but i still found it to be more enjoyable and challenging than P4

FES's Journey is more complete than Portables. And Direct Command is incredibly useful, but getting fucked over by Ally AI is overblown.

And so is getting tired in the middle of a dungeon and fucking off leaving the MC by himself? And not being able to continue right from the floor you left off on?

I really like the old style of FES. The card mechanics completely break the game in the end of P3P.

I like the VN style of P3P more. It fits more in tone with the game and it made moving around faster.

And so is getting tired in the middle of a dungeon and fucking off leaving the MC by himself? And not being able to continue right from the floor you left off on?

Fuck, I'm tired by then. And it's a good excuse to cycle party members. Also, who stops on an odd floor? If you're not making a sidequest run or heading for the top you're doing it wrong.

kgsldv.png

SHIT He's shilling super hard.

You know, I've been kinda lukewarm on my opinion of the series until now. It was really good, I could see that, but it seemed like it was almost too bleak to have a story, if that makes any sense. I was barely invested because of just how hopeless the situation seemed to be. The only character who seemed like he knew what was going on in the first place was Kyubey, and I don't like Kyubey. He's a scumbag. But this fucking episode. I have a rallying point now. I have a badass I can get behind. There's a reason to care what happens to these characters, because it might not just be misery followed by death. Homura, you saved the show for me, and your Steins;gate scenario is one of the cooler overarching plots I've recently seen in a series. Not to mention now I finally get to see how she fights, and it turns out she's just got the cool part of DIO's powers. Fuck yeah!
Long story short, Homura is the best part of this series, episode 10 is the best episode, and I'm excited to see the end.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Uhhh, does pat know that HXH is made by togashi, aka creator of yu yu hakusho, aka the best shonen manga of all time, also has very high praise of HXH? And that it really is super great? And that HXH is basically a deconstruction of shonen tropes if anything?

Uhhh, does pat know that HXH is made by togashi, aka creator of yu yu hakusho, aka the best shonen manga of all time, also has very high praise of HXH? And that it really is super great? And that HXH is basically a deconstruction of shonen tropes if anything?

How does it deconstructs it? Nen feels exactly like Chakra/Ripple/Ki/etc to me atleast. I forgot a lot after not reading it after a while.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
How does it deconstructs it? Nen feels exactly like Chakra/Ripple/Ki/etc to me atleast. I forgot a lot after not reading it after a while.

Because nen is useless as a powerup, every person has a special ability they developed from their nen and almost no battle is won just because a person has more nen than the other.

I've said pretty much everything I had to say about Homura and about this story in my last episode summary. Now, shit has gotten real to the point of no return, and it's time for this anime to end.

Shit forgot to mention, Madoka's mom is the best mom ever

I've said pretty much everything I had to say about Homura and about this story in my last episode summary. Now, shit has gotten real to the point of no return, and it's time for this anime to end.

Shit forgot to mention, Madoka's mom is the best mom ever

Would waifu 10/10

gjldza.png

Go buy the soundtrack that's comming soon you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom