• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the D4 videos. I was legit shook when they revealed
Kaysen.
There's red seeds in the bathtub, and as you can imagine
you can get a DP Kaysen outfit for Kaysen.
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace is pretty great. I literally enjoy every character, and that's a hell of a feat.
I gotta catch up with it. I'm really really liking it.

Alfebit

Banned
And yes, married. They're 15-16 or something. Also they adopted a digi-loli they found in the digi-woods of the mmo they were stuck in after discovering that she was, in fact, not a digi-ghost.

I just woke up a little while ago and I read this and all I could think of was the Digimon Rap.

The real shocker is David's inconsistent Boston accent, leading into question whether the man is a true Bostonian.

Even then, he's still the least weird of all the characters.

Village

Oh look i'm gonna buy multiple versions of a GTA game again

hfsszd.gif

I kinda want to put Chaobreaker's idea of making a Friendcast thread once a week in gaming section into effect. I think I'd need to speak to a mod about asking if that's ok to make a thread every week, or a on topic Friendcast thread to bump.

We couldn't go off topic in there, and it'd be a great way to get new people to get into Best Friends.

ultimax

No theyll just use it for slot machines, im not helping their addiction.

Also should I get xiii?
I haven't really played it a lot, but from what I have played its a lot of fun
I kinda want to put Chaobreaker's idea of making a Friendcast thread once a week in gaming section into effect. I think I'd need to speak to a mod about asking if that's ok to make a thread every week, or a on topic Friendcast thread to bump.

We couldn't go off topic in there, and it'd be a great way to get new people to get into Best Friends.
I was about to ask whatever happened to that idea lol

Zenfalcia

That could work.
Except then i'll have to lurk on one more thread.

I was about to ask whatever happened to that idea lol

That could work.
Except then i'll have to lurk on one more thread.
If you guys have an opinion on that, please let me know. I'd like to build and post the OT, I just need you guys to tell me if you think the interest is there.

A lot of the topics and coverage on the Friendcast are GAF topics first, so I want opinions on if that matters.

Zenfalcia

If you guys have an opinion on that, please let me know. I'd like to build and post the OT, I just need you guys to tell me if you think the interest is there.

A lot of the topics and coverage on the Friendcast are GAF topics first, so I want opinions on if that matters.

Should we do it with this podcast or next week?

croten

I think it's a good idea. Not sure if I would post there much but it'd be worth it, get that groundswell going.

Seems like a lot of hassle for something that's only going to get around 100 posts, but if you want to do it then go for it. Might want to ask a mod if it's alright.

No theyll just use it for slot machines, im not helping their addiction.

Also should I get xiii?

Do it on Steam, we'll scrub it up.

Also guys, guys, I dreamt I got good at fight games. I lost at Evo finals. What could this mean?
No seriously though, why did I even dream that? I haven't touched any fighters in a few days

Xiraiya

Jesus, so I'm playing Dark Souls II, and I see an Invader summon sign, and I think "What the hell, I'll probably lose but oh well"

This character that got summoned was the personification of Dark Souls PVP in a nutshell.
A Rapier in one hand, a Scythe in the other, completely naked. I was able to get a few hits in when the network decided that I did indeed hit the guy, but most of the time I was simply watching him spamming stabs and then going through my shield from a distance when I decided to block.
zHPiW6Q.gif

I just need to get good, but at the same time I've never really cared for the PVP aspects because of the fact it never seemed to work for me very well.

Should we do it with this podcast or next week?
I would start next week.
Seems like a lot of hassle for something that's only going to get around 100 posts, but if you want to do it then go for it. Might want to ask a mod if it's alright.
I don't mind if it's almost wasted effort, I just don't want to spam Gaming side with threads and annoy people. I already assumed I should ask a mod.

ultimax

I'm a fan of the idea. I think it would be pretty cool and get more ppl into "on topic" discussion
Also, did Pat's praise for Advanced Warfare make you want to try the game?
I almost impulse bought it because of him lol

Nope lol.

I've been a CoD regular. I buy always used to play Campaign, hop on MP and get killed badly, then sell it off. Only ones I kept were 4, BO, BO2, and MW3.

AW has an interesting premise of what future warfare will look like. Even if Kevin Spacey wasn't in it, i'd pick it up at a reduced price.

Xiraiya

Never cared for Call Of Duty until I played 4 and thought it was a really solid Package of great FPS Singleplayer and Multiplayer.

Haven't cared for it since, mainly because the CoD culture is embarrassing and that series isn't good enough to put up with the garbage attached to it.

No. Every year people say that this CoD is going to be a good one and every year it's not. Adding double jumps and dashing isn't going to convince me to jump back into the series.

Good compared to 4? That was a mighty high bar IW set.

I really like Black Ops mainly because of the Cold War/Cuba/Russia stuff. It plays like a Tom Clancy novel and I'm very interested in the politics of that era.

Seemed like every dictator has their finger on the trigger.

demidar

I don't mind if it's almost wasted effort, I just don't want to spam Gaming side with threads and annoy people. I already assumed I should ask a mod.

We should to get exposure. I can't really think of a better way to get more people into this thread
to sacrifice to our kawaii blood gods

However, we should be a lot more informative than the Bombcast thread since they are a known quantity. Things like introductions for each person and what SBF is about. We should also copypasta the podcast description so newcomers understand what kind of topics these guys talk about.

And now I'm gonna go to bed (stupid classes). Good night shitlords.

kewlmyc

No. Black Ops 2 got hella praise and I regret buying that, so not making the same mistake.

Plus Titanfall is enough for me, even though the PC version is plagued with smart pistols only.

Pat did convince me to buy a PSTV however which should be coming in the mail on Thursday.

Xiraiya

In your dream did you have dreadlocks and then get bodied by daigo?
I'm always amused at that joke because I've seen a ton of videos of Daigo fighting different people, and other people who seem to be at that level.

And I think to myself "I have never once had the impression Woolie is anywhere near that." So the idea of him being bodied by people like Daigo just seems like it would be a given.

I did my normal mistake of listening to the podcast: getting comfy in my bed. This time however I had a dream and it was trippy. Because all the voices in the dream were the zaibatsu talking like they were in the podcast. So when I went and rewound the podcast to listen to what I'd missed instead in fact I was hearing stuff that was said in my dream.

Zenfalcia

I did my normal mistake of listening to the podcast: getting comfy in my bed. This time however I had a dream and it was trippy. Because all the voices in the dream were the zaibatsu talking like they were in the podcast. So when I went and rewound the podcast to listen to what I'd missed instead in fact I was hearing stuff that was said in my dream.

Next they'll do subliminal messaging and make you buy audio books.

Good compared to 4? That was a mighty high bar IW set.

I really like Black Ops mainly because of the Cold War/Cuba/Russia stuff. It plays like a Tom Clancy novel and I'm very interested in the politics of that era.

Seemed like every dictator has their finger on the trigger.

I'm talking about the multiplayer. I never really cared for the singleplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom