• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neol

Play a bunch of League. Don't really like the community but lets be honest all MOBA communities are pretty shit.

Also totally forgot about Rebirth. Played a shit ton of Vanilla Isaac so will probably get it when I got the money.

Oh God, Rebirth looks so good. I'm so glad I was wrong about the artstyle change.

When has anyone ever been right about that?
Sonic_Boom_-_Characters.jpg
Dammit brain, stop proving me wrong. I'm trying to bitch about fan backlash.

Zenfalcia

Honestly, the Lore of LoL is kinda of out of place. Sure it is nice for new skins and ways to make updates more flashy, but it really is unneeded in my opinion.

As for the new map textures, they have been updating the champion models for a bit now to make them look nicer when thrown onto the new map. Not all of them will be done by the time they release the new textures, but in the end, everything will look OK eventually.

Also, the new map and character models look way better tbh. And it is great that the good looks comes with a decreased polygon count allowing people to bump up their video settings a bit.

They are remaking a lot of the older champions to make them more viable. I started keeping up with the PBE news updates to see whats coming up, and they must be under new leadership, because they are doing all the right things.

New skins = people buying riot points for them. Can't stop won't stop.

As dumb as it is, I'd love a sky box or something. Just to make the black darkness on the edges look better than nothing.

It just feels like I'm playing a modded version of the game with fan art put in. That LoL fighting game looks more professionally done than the original game.

Yeah, it's not great. Fighting game? What?

Duplolas

Banned
I actually like the teamwork aspect. It's one of the few genres that does it right. It's too bad that the community is garbage.

They are trying to fight the community by pushing out harsher punishments on players and recreating the entire banning system by incorporating both automatic and player based punishment systems. It goes to the community to vote on some issues that the machine part can not decide accurately on its own.

But even then, most of the idiots who vote, vote yes non stop because Riot thought it would be a good idea to give in game currency (IP) to players who vote "correctly". Correctly being the majority, and the majority blindly votes yes.

I got a 2 week ban awhile back when I sarcastically wrote "Hurr Hurr Im gunna feed lolz" and then died right after. By the end of the game I went 12 kills - 5 deaths and it still got voted for intentional feeding and I still got banned.

I even wrote into the help admins to discuss what happened, after a week and a half they responded for the first time with a copy and paste from the rule book. I then responded again politely asking them to review the actual case. A week after that, they got back to me saying I was wrongly punished, saying that "We apologize for the late response. It seems that you were wrongly punished, however, your ban length has expired so no further action can be taken"

So yeah.

TL;DR: The community is slightly better than people make it out to be, but the way Riot treat players is absolute shit and reminds me of the way "Infection: Survivor Story" treated their players, except in this case the game is the most played game on PC by a HUGE MARGIN.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
New skins = people buying riot points for them. Can't stop won't stop.

As dumb as it is, I'd love a sky box or something. Just to make the black darkness on the edges look better than nothing.

The updated main map is going to have skybox and it looks slick.

And yeah, theres a fan fighting game being made.

When has anyone ever been right about that?

Dammit brain, stop proving me wrong. I'm trying to bitch about fan backlash.

Yeah, most times the fans are wrong, but in the beginning, the game looked really flat, and looked as if they were trying to recapture 16-bit fans. Now, the game looks amazing, and the ambient lighting adds a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r7N79M09_4

TL;DR: The community is slightly better than people make it out to be, but the way they treat players is absolute shit and reminds me of the way "Infection: Survivor Story" treated their players, except in this case the game is the most played game on PC by a HUGE MARGIN.

Most of the reasons why I don't like to play team vs team games. You actually have to talk to your teammates inorder to have a concept of what you and your teamates actually do.

I mainly just go GP and say "I'M KING OF THE PIRATES" then mute everyone. Ican't get banned for that right?

Duplolas

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r7N79M09_4

Most of the reasons why I don't like to play team vs team games. You actually have to talk to your teammates inorder to have a concept of what you and your teamates actually do.

I mainly just go GP and say "I'M KING OF THE PIRATES" then mute everyone. Ican't get banned for that right?

It honestly doesn't make any sense to me that League is so much more Toxic than DOTA is. DOTA has voice communication, so I would think rolling out punishments for harassment any where from racism to outright hazing would be much much harder to punish and more widely regarded as Toxic.

I have played both and I just don't get it. I mean, DOTA 2 even has a larger pull for younger audiences... the boobs on the female characters are 2x bigger and 2x the quality.

Zenfalcia

Looks interesting. I don't understand where's the super bars but sure.

It honestly doesn't make any sense to me that League is so much more Toxic than DOTA is. DOTA has voice communication, so I would think rolling out punishments for harassment any where from racism to outright hazing would be much much harder and more widely regarded as Toxic.

I have played both and I just don't get it. I mean, DOTA 2 even has a larger pull for younger audiences... the boobs on the female characters are 2x bigger and 2x the quality.

Dota 2 is a lot deeper and weeds out the casuals. League is easy to get into and get okay enough to play.

Duplolas

Banned
Dota 2 is a lot deeper and weeds out the casuals. League is easy to get into and get okay enough to play.

What do you mean by "Deeper"?

Also, up until recently they didn't even have a ranked gamemode for Dota 2 available to the general public. I would think casuals would move more towards that than LoL where they base updates and character releases on each new ranked season release.

Zenfalcia

What do you mean by "Deeper"?

Also, up until recently they didn't even have a ranked gamemode for Dota 2 available to the general public. I would think casuals would move more towards that than LoL where they base updates and character releases on each new ranked season release.

In dota 2, you have your secret shop, courier, no recall button, denying, side shops, elixers, and hitting teammates with your abilities and the list goes on.

Oberon

Banned
Don't worry everybody knows how annoying it is. Have you done the missile yet?

You're gonna love the missile.

Hey. It's not that bad, buddy. After all, if you git gud you won't have these problems anymore. Won't that be nice? Won't it be fun when you stop being bad at the video game?

Git gud.

But yeah, it's tricky that part, especially when you don't have a certain ability that trivializes those segments (which you get at the very end of chapter 5).

Fine! At least the W101 ones where more forgiving

A bit Off Topic, but I have reread Berserk for the I-don't-know-how-many time, and I noticed somthing. How come that Guts, a warrior that lived in European like Land, uses sword technices of a Samurai? Are we really suppose to believe it's some sort of *shuckle* MAGICAL sword?

Duplolas

Banned
In dota 2, you have your secret shop, courier, no recall button, denying, side shops, elixers, and hitting teammates with your abilities and the list goes on.

Sure Dota 2 has some mechanics that LoL doesn't have that makes the game a bit more "Challenging" such as denying minions/creeps, but other than that and the other small differences in the game, I can't really think of anything that would cause casual gamers to be repelled by the game.

I mean, there are way more aspects to Dota that would bring more casual players to the game I would think. Things such as: Less Turret Damage, Slower moving initial gameplay, custom items that mirror tf2's economy and trade system.

------

As for League, it may not have the secret shop and the other concepts you mentioned, but for each one, there is an alternative that League implements (for the most part).

Like for example,

Home Teleport - Longer walk back to your lane.

Also, I don't even want to get into the jungle differences.

Fine! At least the W101 ones where more forgiving

A bit Off Topic, but I have reread Berserk for the I-don't-know-how-many time, and I noticed somthing. How come that Guts, a warrior that lived in European like Land, uses sword technices of a Samurai? Are we really suppose to believe it's some sort of *shuckle* MAGICAL sword?
W101 got me way more upset with those parts, dislike both though.

I hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Zenfalcia

Sure Dota 2 has some mechanics that LoL doesn't have that makes the game a bit more "Challenging" such as denying minions/creeps, but other than that and the other small differences in the game, I can't really think of anything that would cause casual gamers to be repelled by the game.

I mean, there are way more aspects to Dota that would bring more casual players to the game I would think. Things such as: Less Turret Damage, Slower moving initial gameplay, custom items that mirror tf2's economy and trade system.

------

As for League, it may not have the secret shop and the other concepts you mentioned, but for each one, there is an alternative that League implements (for the most part).

Like for example,

Home Teleport - Longer walk back to your lane.

Also, I don't even want to get into the jungle differences.

I think there's also the larger audience of people talking about LoL and how many people make other people play it. Marketing also takes a part, league spends so much more on marketing than volvo. vovlo just lets it sit in their steam and have people play.

It goes way deeper than that. There's stuff like slower turn speeds, creep blocking, jungle stacking, etc. There's just way more concepts and such in Dota that make it's meta game way deeper than League. Which is why League is more beginner friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom