• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Activision hates Steam for some raisin, I'm not interested.

Unless I can find some good trades.

Please understand. A little longer.
heh.

So, how real is the thirst?
image.php

THE THIRST IS FUCKING REAL!

Um, so I'm gonna be a scrub and ask, which mod do I PM to ask about this? Edit: Oh well. I'll just choose one.
However, we should be a lot more informative than the Bombcast thread since they are a known quantity. Things like introductions for each person and what SBF is about. We should also copypasta the podcast description so newcomers understand what kind of topics these guys talk about.
Definitely. If we make a thread each week, I'm copying the show notes as well as posting an intro to the crew.

Rutti

I'm always amused at that joke because I've seen a ton of videos of Daigo fighting different people, and other people who seem to be at that level.

And I think to myself "I have never once had the impression Woolie is anywhere near that." So the idea of him being bodied by people like Daigo just seems like it would be a given.

Maybe my reading comprehension is failing me but you don't have to imagine it. Woolie was beaten by Daigo in Evo 2012 as seen here

ultimax

I need someone to do some hardcore shilling and tell me what is rebirth and why I should get it because I'm confused as hell

croten

I need someone to do some hardcore shilling and tell me what is rebirth and why I should get it because I'm confused as hell

It's a game were you play as a naked baby you shoot his tears at the horrible monstrosities that live in his basement while on the run from his insane mother who wants to kill him to satisfy God.

Duplolas

Banned
Hey. Not to break the conversation up that you guys have going on, but do any of you Gafers play LoL at all? If so, I need more friends :(

Squishy3

I'm talking about the multiplayer. I never really cared for the singleplayer.
I got Advanced Warfare on PC, the game is fun. Singleplayer is your standard Call of Duty affair, and I couldn't even enjoy Kevin Spacey that much because during the pre-mission cutscenes where he appears the longer I play the game the more out of sync the lipsync gets. And it even ended up happening during a cutscene that was in-game, but only Kevin Spacey's character's lips were moivng when he had finished talking. The other character's lips were synced up properly, but Kevin Spacey was still moving his mouth after having finished talking like an idiot. Haven't played too much multiplayer yet, but it feels like a slower, more deliberate Titanfall, if that makes sense. You go so fast in Titanfall that Call of Duty actually feels really slow compared to it, it's kind of funny. That's probably because there's no parkour in Call of Duty. The sidestep feels really good and coupled with the double jump and the ability to do the sidestep while in midair you can scout an area out pretty well before someone sees you.

It's a game were you play as a naked baby you shoot his tears at the horrible monstrosities that live in his basement while on the run from his insane mother who wants to kill him to satisfy God.

though its heavily Implied that Isaac is just insane and hes still inside his box

Duplolas

Banned
Used to, haven't played for months or plan to. If you want more friends
play better games, heh.

:'(

They are bringing back URF btw.

Also the entirely new map textures and map design, as well as the character model updates that they are releasing really soon look really nice. I'm super glad they are not being the money grabbing developers that they usually are.

Alfebit

Banned
I thought it was obvious that one of them being in Japan was what made Woolie upload the podcast later, but apparently not if someone had to send an email about it.

Zenfalcia

Also the entirely new map textures and map design, as well as the character model updates that they are releasing really soon look really nice. I'm super glad they are not being the money grabbing developers that they usually are.

I like how they're killing the lore of LoL. It was ok at best in previous seasons, now they don't even care. The new map textures make the champions look out of place. Sure it looks good, but does it play well with the new items, jungle and all?

I thought it was obvious that one of them being in Japan was what made Woolie upload the podcast later, but apparently not if someone had to send an email about it.

People are dumb and really uninformed.. Or they don't listen to the podcasts properly.

Oberon

Banned
Man, I have no fun playing Bayo right now!
The combat is great, but why in earth are there so many stupid platforming section?
Hey you did great on the combat! But you died like 5 times on that stupid on-hit-kill platfroming section. STONE!

It ain't April 1st

I really wished that they kept the artstyle for each champ at least somewhat consistent. I would play again, but I'm using a shitty laptop that can't run it at 60, so what's the point?
Have they made it so that every champion is viable? I heard of people actually playing Poopy
Poppy
a while back.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It ain't April 1st

I really wished that they kept the artstyle for each champ at least somewhat consistent. I would play again, but I'm using a shitty laptop that can't run it at 60, so what's the point?
Have they made it so that every champion is viable? I heard of people actually playing Poopy
Poppy
a while back.
Poopy is ridiculously broken still.
Too OP

The combat is great, but why in earth are there so many stupid platforming section?
Hey you did great on the combat! But you died like 5 times on that stupid on-hit-kill platfroming section. STONE!

Don't worry everybody knows how annoying it is. Have you done the missile yet?

You're gonna love the missile.

Zenfalcia

It ain't April 1st

Poppy
a while back.

Why would they do that? It's fine the way it is, and they don't even need to spend money to do it.
the have some terrible new splash art for some of the characters, they look awful.
They reworked some characters.. For better or for worst.

Hey. Not to break the conversation up that you guys have going on, but do any of you Gafers play LoL at all? If so, I need more friends :(

BROTHERS

There is a HERETIC IN OUR MIDST
One who PLAYS MOBAS and IS NOT ASHAMED
He must be PUNISHED before his HERESY SPREADS.

EDIT: What the fuck you guys, you play League?

Duplolas

Banned
I like how they're killing the lore of LoL. It was ok at best in previous seasons, now they don't even care. The new map textures make the champions look out of place. Sure it looks good, but does it play well with the new items, jungle and all?

Honestly, the Lore of LoL is kinda of out of place. Sure it is nice for new skins and ways to make updates more flashy, but it really is unneeded in my opinion.

As for the new map textures, they have been updating the champion models for a bit now to make them look nicer when thrown onto the new map. Not all of them will be done by the time they release the new textures, but in the end, everything will look OK eventually.

Also, the new map and character models look way better tbh. And it is great that the good looks comes with a decreased polygon count allowing people to bump up their video settings a bit.

It ain't April 1st

Poppy
a while back.

They are remaking a lot of the older champions to make them more viable. I started keeping up with the PBE news updates to see whats coming up, and they must be under new leadership, because they are doing all the right things.

EDIT: What the fuck you guys, you play League?

A bunch of people here play/played MOBAs.

I did a really long time ago when my friends were into it, but it was mainly peer pressure. I don't even hate MOBAs, but I do hate the Teamwork aspect.

I actually like the teamwork aspect. It's one of the few genres that does it right. It's too bad that the community is garbage.

Hey. It's not that bad, buddy. After all, if you git gud you won't have these problems anymore. Won't that be nice? Won't it be fun when you stop being bad at the video game?

Git gud.

But yeah, it's tricky that part, especially when you don't have a certain ability that trivializes those segments (which you get at the very end of chapter 5).

Poopy is ridiculously broken still.
Too OP

If I can at least play her against GP Ill be fine.

Why would they do that? It's fine the way it is, and they don't even need to spend money to do it.
the have some terrible new splash art for some of the characters, they look awful.
They reworked some characters.. For better or for worst.

It just feels like I'm playing a modded version of the game with fan art put in. That LoL fighting game looks more professionally done than the original game.

Honestly, the Lore of LoL is kinda of out of place. Sure it is nice for new skins and ways to make updates more flashy, but it really is unneeded in my opinion.

As for the new map textures, they have been updating the champion models for a bit now to make them look nicer when thrown onto the new map. Not all of them will be done by the time they release the new textures, but in the end, everything will look OK eventually.

Also, the new map and character models look way better tbh. And it is great that the good looks comes with a decreased polygon count allowing people to bump up their video settings a bit.

I'll only play for that 5vOP1 mode that came out I think? I hope I can run it at 60 then.

I actually like the teamwork aspect. It's one of the few genres that does it right. It's too bad that the community is garbage.
Nobody knows how to play, is the main problem. That coupled with no easy means for good communication means you're just hoping other people know what to do.

It has a framework for good teamwork, I just never saw anyone do it well outside of Pro play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom