• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
what-the-fuck-did-you-just-say.jpg

can-you-hear-me-now-bitch.jpg

Creepy? Not at all. Welcome to the world of anime/manga where stories of one guy surrounded by girls is normal and a trope. I can push a few mangas, but i doubt many people would read or even care.

I think I would rather watch a deconstruction on that trope like Yamada's First Time even if it is trash. I find it interesting to see what goes on in a girl who likes an average guy.

Zenfalcia

I think I would rather watch a deconstruction on that trope like Yamada's First Time even if it is trash. I find it interesting to see what goes on in a girl who likes an average guy.

I guess i'll have to watch Yamada's first time.

For the girl who likes average. Usually it comes down to he's reliable, a good person, did something nice for her, childhood feelings, or just love at first sight at least that's how mangas/animes protray that view, which means nothing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ah fuck it, pulled the trigger on Freedom Wars. My birthday's in a couple days anyway, this'll just be my present to myself or some other sort of lame justification.

Zenfalcia

Ah fuck it, pulled the trigger on Freedom Wars. My birthday's in a couple days anyway, this'll just be my present to myself or some other sort of lame justification.

You just paid for one way trip for a million years sentence! Can you handle that long living in Australia!

Edit: Late but whatever.

You should send in your mail on sunday/monday, that way it's recent and Woolie can see it along with the other recently received mail.
I sent in a question on a monday, at maybe 4PM EST and it got read on the air on the podcast recorded that day.

Woolie confirmed as fraud for not actually skimming the other mails. That's because
He would've at least said something about the bestgaf thing i sent him weeks ago.

I guess i'll have to watch Yamada's first time.

For the girl who likes average. Usually it comes down to he's reliable, a good person, did something nice for her, childhood feelings, or just love at first sight at least that's how mangas/animes protray that view, which means nothing.

Let me rephrase that, is targeting one guy.
The heel turn is that she grows to like him.
She doesn't actually like him when they first meet. Its like looking at a harem anime from the girl's side.

So Bayonetta 2 is basically what Sonic games have tried desperately to be, most transparently in Sonic 2006, and failed miserably at. The seaside town in Bayo 2 looks like Soleanna but not ugly.

Yeah bitch? Yeah? Name a street and I'll be there! But it's gotta be in-state, I'm scared of planes. I'll fuck u up tho!

Nah, son, I ain't leaving Geary Street, I'll be waiting, three hours from now!

Ah mate, step off 'fore ya get hurt ya cunts, this bogans bout to run wild on ya. I'll carve me mums name ina ye mums chest mate and ive er a good rooting fur gud measua.

Aww, I'm right chuffed.

Hope you enjoy it yo. I'll be over here being jelly
Woolie confirmed as fraud for not actually skimming the other mails. That's because
He would've at least said something about the bestgaf thing i sent him weeks ago.
To be fair Woolie is SUPER forgetful

Zenfalcia

Let me rephrase that, is targeting one guy.
The heel turn is that she grows to like him.
She doesn't actually like him when they first meet. Its like looking at a harem anime from the girl's side.

Oh, so the perspective of one guy surrounded by girls and having the story revolve around being one of those girls? I don't think I've read something directly like that. Surprise, surprise the not really heel turn.

To be fair Woolie is SUPER forgetful

Yeah, he is. Just like those top 10's. I bet he forgot about them.

I'll have to send more emails then.

Happy birthday! Enjoy a million years in prison!
plot twist: Freedom Wars takes place in the magical land of Austrailia

Zenfalcia

I think its just the one girl tho. I only just watched the first episode and a shitty review on it made by the worst people.

So, you like the deconstruction of tropes? You've watched gekkan shoujo, right?
Should i even watch the review if i'm going to read/watch it?

For people who want a really dumb read with terrible pacing but decent art and want a shocking dumb title. Read: Imasugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai! (translation: I wanna say that I'm not your brother right now! OR I Want to Say to my Older Brother That I'm His Younger Sister Now!)

At least it's only 16 chapters.

So, you like the deconstruction of tropes? You've watched gekkan shoujo, right?
Should i even watch the review if i'm going to read/watch it?

For people who want a really dumb read with terrible pacing but decent art and want a shocking dumb title. Read: Imasugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai! (translation: I wanna say that I'm not your brother right now! OR I Want to Say to my Older Brother That I'm His Younger Sister Now!)

At least it's only 16 chapters.

The closest thing i've seen to Gekkan Shoujo is Ouran High school Host Club. I gotta go get caught up on the Drama since thats the only thing that got updates other than the manga. Its kinda like a deconstruction right?

It's ok to watch afterwords. It's mainly to show the "Normal" opinion of the show when they don't know what makes it great and stand out from the trash. Those guys don't know anything about anime.

Zenfalcia

The closest thing i've seen to Gekkan Shoujo is Ouran High school Host Club. I gotta go get caught up on the Drama since thats the only thing that got updates other than the manga. Its kinda like a deconstruction right?

It's ok to watch afterwords. It's mainly to show the "Normal" opinion of the show when they don't know what makes it great and stand out from the trash.

Not really? I don't think. Reverse harem isn't much of a deconstruction.

Ok, I'll watch it after i've read the manga or watched the anime.

It's more subversive than it is a deconstruction, but even then it's still a pretty standard shojo aside from the humor, which is actually pretty good. Still, nothing on Nozaki.

Why is my sleep schedule so fucking terrible?

That game looks cool and I need a game on the vita that isn't persona or gravity rush so I should buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom