• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're gonna have to use your imagination for all those anime girls

But that's the magic of the Vita! We don't have to anymore! Bullet Girls brings out mind's eyes to life!

I actually know what the problem is, here is a step by step guide.

1. Don't buy a Vita
2. If it is too late and you have one, get rid of it and get something more useful.
3. Don't buy a Vita

But the Vita is a legit great handheld with a ton of great games both old and new. Despite being the best way to play the best Monster Hunter game, it also has one of the most extensive lists of RPGs of any console. Both Persona 3/4, most Final Fantasy games, Chronotrigger, Ys, fucking hundreds more. The Vita is a great console.

The moment my hands touched my Vita I knew it was the love of my life. I've said it before, but it's my favorite handheld from a hardware standpoint, and honestly, with the PSP/PSone support, it's probably my favorite handheld system ever.

I can play RE1 and most Disgaea games. I'm set forever.

kewlmyc

Nearly every game worth owning is compatible with PSTV anyway.

Persona 4
Danganronpa 1 and 3
Tales of Hearts R
Freedom Wars
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Ports like Rayman Orgins
Virture's Last Reward
Bunch of indies
Muramasa Rebirth

Only ones are Gravity Rush and Ys, but Ys works in Japan just fine, so a patch should hopefully come, and Gravity Rush isn't that great anyway.

Game is surprisingly entertaining. The game has two parts to it. First is your JRPG turn based combat which was a surprise when I booted the game up. The second part are these weird quirky minigames spread out over the game.

Its fun in a bizarre way.

joe2187

Banned
I hardly even play console games anymore.

Besides TEW and Bayo2, all of my gaming for the past two years has solely been on Vita and some 3DS.

Only one is Gravity Rush and Ys, but Ys works in Japan just fine, so a patch should hopefully come, and Gravity Rush isn't that great anyway.

God, Gravity Rush is so not great, it's depressing. Fantastic character design, awesome artistic style, great music and one of the best traversal mechanics ever end up in a mediocre to bad game. So depressing.

Xiraiya

Well, no, we disagree with how you really feel, so just keep saying how you feel until it lines up with our opinions. That's how #TeamVita rolls!
I think I'll just settle with playing other things I enjoy on more sensible platforms until the Vita dies and everything gets ported to a main console anyway.
So in the end it'll all work out.

Did a guy called Liam bully you when you were younger? It would explain all the misplaced hate.
Oddly enough come to think I've never actually known anyone called Liam

Game is surprisingly entertaining. The game has two parts to it. First is your JRPG turn based combat which was a surprise when I booted the game up. The second part are these weird quirky minigames spread out over the game.

Its fun in a bizarre way.

The Harry potter games are surprisngly good. I played 1-3 on GBA. The first one was top down action game with stealth, the second was an action platformer, the third was an RPG. All 3 of them were great.

kewlmyc

God, Gravity Rush is so not great, it's depressing. Fantastic character design, awesome artistic style, great music and one of the best traversal mechanics ever end up in a mediocre to bad game. So depressing.

Exactly, everything other than the combat is pretty damn good, but damn does that combat hold it back from greatness.

croten

I think I'll just settle with playing other things I enjoy on more sensible platforms until the Vita dies and everything gets ported to a main console anyway.
So in the end it'll all work out.

Oddly enough come to think I've never actually known anyone called Liam

Or the likely scenario where the Vita dies and it's games don't get ported and you don't get to play P4G

The Harry potter games are surprisngly good. I played 1-3 on GBA. The first one was top down action game with stealth, the second was an action platformer, the third was an RPG. All 3 of them were great.

I recommend trying the GBC version. Its really strange little game. I have been told the final boss fight is supposed to be really awesome.

My only issue is the minigames aren't always great and slow the game's pace down.

Xiraiya

Or the likely scenario where the Vita dies and it's games don't get ported and you don't get to play P4G
giphy.gif

Xiraiya

Well I suppose you can get Life on the 3DS and PS4 now...

The point is it doesn't really matter, the games will either someday be ported to something I care about, or they won't, at that point I'd just watch an LP or something, or other methods will become available.

That's all there is to it really.

croten

The point is it doesn't really matter, the games will either someday be ported to something I care about, or they won't, at that point I'd just watch an LP or something, or other methods will become available.

That's all there is to it really.

But you said the console was bad without saying why. I mean Hardware wise the Vita is fantastic, way better than the 3DS. The only thing the 3DS has going for it is it's library of games.

Zenfalcia

But you said the console was bad without saying why. I mean Hardware wise the Vita is fantastic, way better than the 3DS. The only thing the 3DS has going for it is it's library of games.

Exckusive games also vita is distinctly japanese, with its titles and everything.

360pages

Um...well I'm almost positive that is what you buy most game systems for. I mean, we play games on game systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom