• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just leave it in your charger.

Id rather not leave my 3DS on for a long time, especially if I didn't know exactly when I was gonna get back to it.

Actually, that's incorrect. OoT (and other games) has characters with personality, but it's more subtle. Just like how its story is almost just as fucked up as MM's when you stop and think about what's actually happening, but it's not as in-your-face and as subtle as a hippo like MM is.

I guess I just didn't get it then. Everyone came off as pretty flat to me besides Saria.

Village

qpoAqjO.jpg

Pushing stuff

Well, you're not going to find very deep characters in any Zelda game, but OoT has some decent shit in it when you actually take the time to look. Most don't even realize how fucked the game actually is and think MM's "SHIT'S FUCKED! EVERYTHING IS WEIRD!" kind of writing is completely unique. It's just easier to notice and a bit more ominous.

You mean that soldier that dies when you talk to him in an ally in castle town?

Well, you're not going to find very deep characters in any Zelda game, but OoT has some decent shit in it when you actually take the time to look. Most don't even realize how fucked the game actually is and think MM's "SHIT'S FUCKED! EVERYTHING IS WEIRD!" kind of writing is completely unique. It's just easier to notice and a bit more ominous.
Are you talking about
that theory that the sages died and had to die?

360pages

I think MM does NPC better because you actually see what they like, how they act before their coming doom and how a lot either choose to hide or just accept it.

Despite the threat of a doomsday looming over, it had a weird slice of life feel with how everything plays out and the mundane and personal problems you solve for everyone.

I'm playing through the Oracle Zelda games now. Starting with Seasons, then on to Ages and then I haven't decided on which to pick for the final dungeon.

Those games were impossible when I was younger. Haven't died once now.

I do remember getting stuck in Seasons, and finding a flute that let me summon one of the companions that could swim. It let me sequence break the living shit out of that game.

Good times.

I don't know, I think MM had both subtle and in your face levels of doom like Ocarina did. I mean in ocarina after you pull out the master sword and walk outside basically everything is fucked and almost everyone in the town is "dead."

MM is definitely more in your face with it (like how can you ignore the gigantic fucking moon in your face) but there were some layers to the doom and each NPC's reaction to it.

> Banner image

> nope.avi

I get the feeling these girls are not legal.

Woof, yeah, that's bad. But no, they're high school girls that aren't sexualized in series, they just hangout, drink tea and very occasionally play music. It's super fun and not creepy, there are just creepy people.

Give it a chance, it's worth it.

So another forum I visit (for god knows why) did a poll/voting deal where they voted on what games were best in their respective years from 2006-2013. These were the results

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006)
Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (2008)
Demon's Souls (2009)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
Dark Souls (2011)
Xenoblade Chronicles (2012)
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (2013)

Woof, yeah, that's bad. But no, they're high school girls that aren't sexualized in series, they just hangout, drink tea and very occasionally play music. It's super fun and not creepy, there are just creepy people.

Give it a chance, it's worth it.

Much like everything, the fanbase ruins it?

Maybe I'll binge it on my next day off. The cute anime girl doing stuff show hasn't always been my thing, but if the characters are interesting I'll pay attention.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember what that anime with the cellphone using girls was called? The one where the person in the wheelchair got clothing tentacles to walk around on, and used sick guns? I only saw the first episode and I need to catch up on it if it's started a weekly release.

So another forum I visit (for god knows why) did a poll/voting deal where they voted on what games were best in their respective years from 2006-2013. These were the results

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006)
Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (2008)
Demon's Souls (2009)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
Dark Souls (2011)
Xenoblade Chronicles (2012)
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (2013)

Jeez XBC came out in 2012? I can' handle this

It's a place were you could safely order drugs online or something I think. I've never used it but one of my friends had a very in depth discussion with me about it that I didn't listen too.

You can use bitcoin to make the purchases, thus being anonymous. That was the big pull of it. Also apparently the dealers were reputable for their products.

It makes for amazing drama in r/subredditdrama any time anything happens there.

Also everyone do yourselves a favor. If you have chrome, go look up the BitBean extension.

It's a place were you could safely order drugs online or something I think. I've never used it but one of my friends had a very in depth discussion with me about it that I didn't listen too.

Not only drugs, but apparently other illegal stuffs/services too.

It was the Amazon for black market goods.

Source: Friend who orders too often from there.

It was a tan. Japanese depictions of people with tans are weird. Case in point.

It didn't make sense that Tetra would suddenly lose her tan once she transformed into Zelda. That bothers me.
Skin doesn't work like that.

Wall of moe
Code:

MikeHattsu 3,535
Aiko Heiwa 3,057
spyhunterzero 2,189
Snkfanatic 1,859
Chet Rippo 1,412
StayDead 651
LOLDSFAN 628
amishpriest99 600
cajunator 585