• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

You guys like jontron? I like Jontron.
He's swood as fuck.
I know of Jontron, and my first real attempt to see what the hype was about was met with a unpleasant sound that was apparently his voice, so I really couldn't care less for him.
You're better off with Pat, Woolie and Matt from the Super Bestfriends.

As for anime.
tumblr_mp7r502zGh1sxo3t4o1_500.gif

I know of Jontron, and my first real attempt to see what the hype was about was met with a unpleasant sound that was apparently his voice, so I really couldn't care less for him.

As for anime.
tumblr_mp7r502zGh1sxo3t4o1_500.gif

And Liam. The best of the Best Friends

G-Fex

Yeah Jontron is great but have you heard of the Super Best Friends? I hear they're a bunch of nerds.

nerds eh? I bet they play games too.

Most of us here are big Jontron fans. Even the Super Best Friends are fans of him.

neat! I've been a fan for a little while.

In all seriousness, this thread is a group of fans for another Youtube channel/group.
Everybody loves JonTron though.

I'll check them out of I have the time. Reminder: I don't play much new games.

lol it's not for everyone :)

Beloved

My biggest issue with Liam is how much he says "eh" at the end of sentences.

"Yeah I know, eh?" "So you see, eh?" "That's great, eh?"

It's like, YES WE GET IT, YOU'RE CANADIAN. THE MOST CANADIAN CANADIAN TO EVER CANADA.

It'd be like a well spoken southerner saying "ain't" every 10 goddamn seconds.

It's like, YES WE GET IT, YOU'RE CANADIAN. THE MOST CANADIAN CANADIAN TO EVER CANADA.

Those are his corner traps. He lures you in with his Canadian good manners and then...

croten

I think it's one of those things that he did as a joke and now he does it involuntarily

Questionable anime gifs?
OBL6pUY.gif
I like you.
It's a verbal tick. It's something that annoys anyone who notices. Like, you know, like, you know, like.
i just realized your post has some "like"s in it. I didn't notice when I made that joke, but just don't think I'm being mean.

Xiraiya

My issue with that is it's quite clearly bullshit because he never said "eh" that often, he needs to stop hamming it up so much when we know better.
Most of the SBF have something they ham up in a way that sounds really false and awkward and exaggerated, Matt is probably the most consistent about doing it, but Liam's is the one that stands out the most.

Celebration pizza time.

Yay.
Party_Hard.gif

My issue with that is it's quite clearly bullshit because he never said "eh" that often, he needs to stop hamming it up so much when we know better.
Most of the SBF have something they ham up in a way that sounds really false and awkward and exaggerated, Matt is probably the most consistent about doing it, but Liam's is the one that stands out the most.
I think that's something that comes from doing it everyday as well. Matt has to try and hype himself up in order to not be bored, and it can come off as fake. It's something that comes from making huge amounts of content. That time he was sick was pretty rough.

Yoooo they won't even know who these people are until then. This is the only fight I will spoil because it is really out of context.

It is out of context so I won't be salty about it, as long as you don't spoil that other super hype moment earlier in the season or at least put a tag on it.

Xiraiya

I think that's something that comes from doing it everyday as well. Matt has to try and hype himself up in order to not be bored, and it can come off as fake. It's something that comes from making huge amounts of content.

That's exactly what it is and it does come across slightly weird, Pat and Woolie don't usually have to resort to that very often, if he's so bored of doing stuff then maybe he needs to find so- well I guess the things he cares for most in games are why he's been putting out different and more random videos over time.

Matt being bored is a problem, I mentioned this before that he often seems really detached and distracted when playing most stuff and you or someone pointed out that it's probably related to his interests being different, but it makes me really curious as to why way back in the past he was completely fine with doing recent and interesting games with Pat, but now unless it's Godzilla or a game from the 80's, or something completely beyond retarded and zany, his interest is just very clearly not there.

I'm not really sure what the solution might be without the channel becoming something different than what it started as.

You should still give Bebop a chance.

Last time I tried that with a show I was spoiled on, it was Gurren and it sucked. Luckily
it was only for the first 7 episodes, which were easily my least favorite for that and other reasons.

I probably won't get to bebop for a long time.

croten

Last time I tried that with a show I was spoiled on, it was Gurren and it sucked. Luckily
it was only for the first 7 episodes, which were easily my least favorite for that and other reasons.

I probably won't get to bebop for a long time.

Seriously watch it! The ending completely unimportant to the series because it's not plot heavy. Every episode is self contained, heck I'm pretty sure one of them just doesn't even happen.

Seriously watch it! The ending completely unimportant to the series because it's not plot heavy. Every episode is self contained, heck I'm pretty sure one of them just doesn't even happen.

Gurren isn't plot heavy either, didn't help. I already know I'm gonna enjoy it less because of it and I don't wanna hate it.

That's exactly what it is and it does come across slightly weird, Pat and Woolie don't usually have to resort to that very often, if he's so bored of doing stuff then maybe he needs to find so- well I guess the things he cares for most in games are why he's been putting out different and more random videos over time.

Matt being bored is a problem, I mentioned this before that he often seems really detached and distracted when playing most stuff and you or someone pointed out that it's probably related to his interests being different, but it makes me really curious as to why way back in the past he was completely fine with doing recent and interesting games with Pat, but now unless it's Godzilla or a game from the 80's, or something completely beyond retarded and zany, his interest is just very clearly not there.

I'm not really sure what the solution might be without the channel becoming something different than what it started as.
Prison Break is a really great example of a him in peak form I think. Since, he's been busy with Halloween, his wedding, the shitstorm this year was obviously done in huge segments for several of the short plays, while he has a lot more energy in the one shots where he's being a cool guy.

While Matt has more off days than the others, this is a 20% of the time occurrence max.

Shackzam

It is out of context so I won't be salty about it, as long as you don't spoil that other super hype moment earlier in the season or at least put a tag on it.

Nah I would never do that. I'd just be blocking the hype from getting inside them.
Also, I don't know if you guys ever saw, but the artist for Berserk drew Takamura.
WlEEA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom