• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the spooby was gonna stop by the this far into this thread ;~;

I won't be sleeping tonight, thanks.
All keikaku to plan
I think Matt's just been stressed, planning his life things and he had trouble with his dad being in the hospital earlier this year. It's kind of hard to be as into things as he used to when he's got that on his mind and negativity just shows up way more in the comments for them

Xiraiya

Prison Break is a really great example of a him in peak form I think. Since, he's been busy with Halloween, his wedding, the shitstorm this year was obviously done in huge segments for several of the short plays, while he has a lot more energy in the one shots where he's being a cool guy.

While Matt has more off days than the others, this is a 20% of the time occurrence max.

I mean even when Matt isn't being hype, I don't really mind, he's still fine, but it would be a shame if he couldn't find much enjoyment anymore in most regular games.

He does have a lot going on in life.

Last time I tried that with a show I was spoiled on, it was Gurren and it sucked. Luckily
it was only for the first 7 episodes, which were easily my least favorite for that and other reasons.

I probably won't get to bebop for a long time.
Eh, I've never been bothered by spoilers. Different strokes.

Hope when you get to it, you enjoy it.

Confession Time:

I never watched Cowboy Bebop in it's entirety.

It's pretty good.

Beloved

I think its most noticeable when Matt is involved a video of a game that he probably wasnt interested in himself but the fanbase was demanding it, I mean he likes what he likes and he still gets hyped about a lot of things but he also has a lot going on and changes in his life and this has basically become a full time job for him as well.

I also think its partly why Liam and Woolie both have been given more to do, even when you are passionate about a topic, you're not going to be able to push a constant/consistent level of hype. If anything its easier for Pat because he's grumpy and if he doesnt give a shit about a game he can say so and act pissy about it and no one thinks twice because thats the part Pat plays. But its different for Matt, we have different expectations of him so it makes it harder.

Liam isnt particular interesting to me and Woolie is pretty consistent/amusing, but they've also been in less content and have been doing this for less time.

TL;DR: I think Matt's fine 90% of the time

Squishy3

Nah I would never do that. I'd just be blocking the hype from getting inside them.
Also, I don't know if you guys ever saw, but the artist for Berserk drew Takamura.
WlEEA.jpg
takamura confirmed to be rape horse

croten

Gurren isn't plot heavy either, didn't help. I already know I'm gonna enjoy it less because of it and I don't wanna hate it.

Gurren has a plot, episode 1 leads to 2 and so on, skipping one would mean you've missed something (barring 4 and 6) Bebop on the the other hand is not like that. You could watch in any order and not miss much the only thing would be the members of the crew.

I mean even when Matt isn't being hype, I don't really mind, he's still fine, but it would be a shame if he couldn't find much enjoyment anymore in most regular games.

He does have a lot going on in life.
I do agree that there's been those few times where I actually felt kinda bad for him almost, but I'm pretty sure he loves what he, at least aside from those few examples, loves what he does. At least I hope so.

I hope he gets to do that Shareware game month he wanted to do.
Also, I don't know if you guys ever saw, but the artist for Berserk drew Takamura
He's also described Ippo's dick with my avatar.
That's super hype.

Squishy3

so which of you fuckers have read the latest ippo chapter

DO NOT READ IF YOU AREN'T UP TO DATE NO MATTER WHAT
;________;

Gurren has a plot, episode 1 leads to 2 and so on, skipping one would mean you've missed something (barring 4 and 6) Bebop on the the other hand is not like that. You could watch in any order and not miss much the only thing would be the members of the crew.

It would still affect me
as long as Spike gets any kind of screen time.
I know it's Pat/Liam levels of nitpicky but I honestly just can't help it. If I was spoiled to the end of gurren I know I would've liked it much less and that would've sucked.

Xiraiya

I do agree that there's been those few times where I actually felt kinda bad for him almost, but I'm pretty sure he loves what he, at least aside from those few examples, loves what he does. At least I hope so.
I hope he gets to do that Shareware game month he wanted to do.

It might be impossible with everything going on, but I think he needs to just try and relax a little when doing games that aren't like FNF, because sometimes I feel like he puts a lot of importance on his sort of "boss" role and being the business man.
When it's like, no he doesn't need to be the CEO guy or whatever, he's just Matt, like Pat is always just Pat, I don't think of him as the boss of the best friends, he just doesn't have that presence in my opinion.

Honestly for like 6 months early last year I thought Pat was their "boss" or leader or whatever, because that was always the impression he gave off to me.

croten

It would still affect me
as long as Spike gets any kind of screen time.
I know it's Pat/Liam levels of nitpicky but I honestly just can't help it. If I was spoiled to the end of gurren I know I would've liked it much less and that would've sucked.

Then don't watch the last episode or two. Boom. Seriously I am sure you will like it regardless. Comparing it to Gurren isn't fair.

Squishy3

I'm waiting for it to be animated.
I'm waiting a while
The fucking part that I'm specifically talking about is going to be animated in like 10 years. If that. Probably more like 20 considering the time between the original series + movie and OVA and New Challenger.

Xiraiya

Brothers!
Haven't seen Ippo, or bebop, haven't played the Souls games, Ico nor Shadow of the Colossus, or even the DMC games.

I never bothered with DMC, that series died before I got the chance to care about it, I haven't seen Ippo either, it's probably fine but I don't have the strongest desire to watch a boxing anime, and Bebop is worth a watch, it's fine but I think you can live without it.

At least play Dark Souls.

Okingjrr

Please fix that

WOOF you need to get on at least one of those

I've had DS1 on 360 for a year and a half now. Got Korra to watch as well. So I'll watch that before other anime.

I have a shit ton of stuff to catch up on!

I never bothered with DMC, that series died before I got the chance to care about it, I haven't seen Ippo either, it's probably fine but I don't have the strongest desire to watch a boxing anime, and Bebop is worth a watch, it's fine but I think you can live without it.

I'll try Dark when I get the chance to do so.

croten

That's what I thought until I watched the first episode.

DMC3=SoTC>Dark Souls=Ippo> Other DMC games> Bebop> Ico
This is the correct order

Yes

You're not willing to check out old games or are you not a fan of Character Action?
Idk if playing Ico after SotC is a wise choice

It's a priority list, not a smart one.

Then
don't watch the last episode or two.
Boom. Seriously I am sure you will like it regardless. Comparing it to Gurren isn't fair.

But that's gonna drive me crazy.

Again Pat/Liam levels of nitpicking. But fuck it annoy me so much. I might get to it one day when I'm older and hopefully forgot about it.

Xiraiya

That's what I thought until I watched the first episode.
Well I watch most things with my girlfriend so Ippo isn't really something of a priority regardless.

You're not willing to check out old games or are you not a fan of Character Action?
No it looks fine and all and if it was right in front of me I would play it, I just don't have the drive to be like "I must go get these games and play through them".

You don't actually have to play Ico. It aged like spoiled milk. SotC is still good, even though the gameplay isn't great.

Should still play Dark Souls. It's good, man.

No it looks fine and all and if it was right in front of me I would play it, I just don't have the drive to be like "I must go get these games and play through them".
Fair enough. Picking up the HD Collection on PS3 is something I really do advise if you ever see it for cheap or whatever. If you only play one of them, play DMC3. It is the most complete party ever thrown.
fan service in general isn't really a selling point to us, female or male.
It's a running joke, not real fanservice.

Okingjrr

DMC3=SoTC>Dark Souls=Ippo> Other DMC games> Bebop> Ico
This is the correct order

I'll play the games in order of release. I don't like doing other wise

Then skip it. Playing Ico today isn't a wise choice, it's aged horribly

I played MGS1, I probably aged better but I knew I was going to play an old game so I didn't complain. I think I can get through Ico.

OK EVERYONE, I'LL PLAY DARK SOULS!
After Bayo 1&2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom