• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, Frienders, I'd like to make a personal PSA for anyone who was planning on tuning in for Discovery's "Eaten Alive" program.

Don't.

If you don't know what this is, some guy is going to wear a special suit of armor and allow an anaconda to try and eat him alive.

Now there are several things wrong with this approach. For one, anacondas and most constrictor snakes will not eat something until it is good and dead. They are able to sense a pulse, and constrict something until it is an ex-living being. But ignoring that, an anaconda is not able to eat a human being. They can't stretch their jaws wide enough to get around our shoulders, as we're not their intended prey.

Now let's say by some miracle they manage to get the guy into the snake. How do they plan to get him out? Probably by killing the snake. I don't really get on the whole animal rights train, but that is fucking terrible that a program would even think to condone such an action.

It pisses me off that Discovery would even attempt a stunt. There used to be quality programming on that channel. Please make sure, if you know anyone who was planning to watch this, that they don't.

Also he looks like a shitty Mortal Kombat character. So hate him on that level if nothing else.

tumblr_inline_nemo4xbNmM1qk6t74.jpg

I'll play the game in order of release. I don't like doing other wise
That's cool. That's just me rating them in quality. Playing the HD collection of DMC and seeing the jump from DMC1 plummeting to 2 and then rising above with 3 is ridiculous.

Also, don't play DMC2 for more than like, an hour, to see how bad it is.
Yeah it's mainly laziness more than anything.
To be honest, I can relate.

Holy shit watching her smile while doing Satsuki's voice is the weirdest. Also they were having so much fun, I really enjoyed that
Okay so that 20 second Rebirth video of me beating
Satan
finished uploading.
This is the most overpowered I have ever been and ever will be.

Christ how did you game not crash from having so many flies

Xiraiya

I'm on a really weird sleeping schedule and I don't get much time for my PS3, I have MGS Legacy collection and Ground Zeroes waiting to be played.

However I am at my computer a lot, so I tend to play whatever I can grab on PC that is interesting me, mainly Souls games right now.

Okingjrr

Updates plz.
Aight.

That's cool. That's just me rating them in quality. Playing the HD collection of DMC and seeing the jump from DMC1 plummeting to 2 and then rising above with 3 is ridiculous.

Also, don't play DMC2 for more than like, an hour, to see how bad it is.

Thanks for the advice though.
I'm really tempted to power through the entirety of DMC 2. I saw that helicopter battle the other day and went "WOOF, I gotta see how bad this gets!"

Okingjrr

Yup. Send thread titles my way.
It will make DMC3 sweeter, but honestly it's just boooooorrrriiiinnng.

It might go the way of my Spirit Tracks playthrough. I got bored and gave up 3/4 of the way through.
Or worst, like my Bravely Default playthrough, stopped at chapter 2.

I beat it in 4 hours when I played it. Then I beat disc 2. You don't have to burn your soul like I did
Sick burn
?

I'll take a human effigy when i'm done.

Okingjrr

OT7: The hypest thread in community.

It lacks the panache of other titles but keeps things simple enough for the newcomers.

TO the PM machine!

So.. Toy Story 4 Announced..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927898

ugh damn it hollywood.
And Nemo's coming eventually I think and there's some other thing
i see your Toy Story announcement and raise you a
some wierdo might be watching you right now thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927904
also i hope none of you live in Texas
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927865
What the actual fuck? What kind of judge is that

I always thought that Ippo was out of high school for some reason. After the people talk behind his back, I thought it was a good way to sympathize with Ippo which was certainly interesting. Man those bullies were assholes tho. I can somewhat understand Ippo still smelling like worms due to the access of public baths, but wouldn't the bathes still be open after he finishes working? Do fishing worms really smell that bad you can't bathe it away? Takamura always seems to steal the show. I really like how he stole the bullies' stuff and near the end of the episode he tells Ippo to do it if he wants to become a pro boxer. Takamura seems to take his devotion to boxing seriously. By the end of the episode he extremely stresses to Ippo that you can't just have raw power to win a boxing match and I guess will teach him how to work hard into achieving his goal. After all Ippo had just watched some Boxing and read some magazines, so he shouldn't have a feel in actual boxing right?

I actually got introduced to Ippo after my brother caught up to the Manga when it was over 1000 chapters in a few weeks. I've been kinda putting it off since he wasn't so hyped reading it. The SBFC and you guys seems to be super hyped about it, so I gave in to the peer presure.

i see your Toy Story announcement and raise you a
some wierdo might be watching you right now thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927904
also i hope none of you live in Texas
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927865

That's not the worst thing my state had done. Florida's way worse anyways.

ultimax

I actually got introduced to Ippo after my brother caught up to the Manga when it was over 1000 chapters. I've been kinda putting it off since he wasn't so hyped reading it. The SBFC and you guys seems to be super hyped about it, so I gave in to the peer presure.
I'm only like 30 episodes in, but it really is the hypest shit I've seen. The praise is well deserved

croten

I always thought that Ippo was out of high school for some reason. After the people talk behind his back, I thought it was a good way to sympathize with Ippo which was certainly interesting. Man those bullies were assholes tho. I can somewhat understand Ippo still smelling like worms due to the access of public baths, but wouldn't the bathes still be open after he finishes working? Do fishing worms really smell that bad you can't bathe it away? Takamura always seems to steal the show. I really like how he stole the bullies' stuff and near the end of the episode he tells Ippo to do it if he wants to become a pro boxer. Takamura seems to take his devotion to boxing seriously. By the end of the episode he extremely stresses to Ippo that you can't just have raw power to win a boxing match and I guess will teach him how to work hard into achieving his goal. After all Ippo had just watched some Boxing and read some magazines, so he shouldn't have a feel in actual boxing right?

I actually got introduced to Ippo after my brother caught up to the Manga when it was over 1000 chapters in a few weeks. I've been kinda putting it off since he wasn't so hyped reading it. The SBFC and you guys seems to be super hyped about it, so I gave in to the peer presure.

That's not the worst thing my state had done. Florida's way worse anyways.

I wouldn't consider it a spoiler but
Ippo takes place over the course of several years, he does leave school at some point.

JoJo94

tumblr_nen44jWSOl1td0qmzo1_500.jpg

Best Friend Avatars/Buttons/Stickers/Whatever

Work in Progress since I haven't done anything Best Friends Related in a while.

But Do you guys prefer the hair to be a solid shape like Pat, or lines Like Matt. ALso need to work on Liam's of course since he's just blue eyes, and may need some color adjustments.

But Do you guys prefer the hair to be a solid shape like Pat, or lines Like Matt. ALso need to work on Liam's of course since he's just blue eyes, and may need some color adjustments.

They should really sell these as stickers tbh.

I really like the round theme with the hair. It fits in with the round designs.

http://i.imgur.com/OOJerae.jpg

Best fighting character design.

croten

tumblr_nen44jWSOl1td0qmzo1_500.jpg

Oh my God it's a Ghost Liam!
These are really good, I like the solid myself.

Hair is solid shape and facial hair is lines. Basically the same as it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom