• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
aww yiss the female player character in sunset overdrive is voiced by immorta
tumblr_n19fci0oLT1sxoa96o4_400.gif

your the fool who bought DP for the PC
my PS3 copy i won works fine

Anyone who can say that is straight up lying to themselves. I simply thought the Xbox version was unplayable. The PS3 version is somehow worse.

The PC port is garbage, but I expected that. To actually release a game that actually works is against Swery policy, apparently.
You know, banana, there's a Durante thread for DP. He has a fix I think.

I got it to finally run. Still don't want to play it.

Anyone who can say that is straight up lying to themselves. I simply thought the Xbox version was unplayable. The PS3 version is somehow worse.

The PC port is garbage, but I expected that. To actually release a game that actually works is against Swery policy, apparently.

I got it to finally run. Still don't want to play it.

At least the PS3 port doesn't crash nearly as often as the PC version. And you can actually AIM UP OR DOWN in the PS3 version

At least the PS3 port doesn't crash nearly as often as the PC version. And you can actually AIM UP OR DOWN in the PS3 version

Compatibility mode.

While that might be a fix, nothing can fix that you can't use both of the triggers as the game is built on the ancient DirectInput, instead of the modern XInput API. Someone had to deliberately be trolling at that point.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

I can't stop Yukking it up watching David play with his food and Kaysen just going to
home
town on anything edible.

If I can't support Swery, I'll sure as shit buy the soundtrack.

I want that theme song and DP's whistle as my phone ringers.

More power to you, but she's just... Woof.

Femme fatale is correct.

I think it's also the subbed voice. It doesn't do anything for me.

You're doing it wrong if you aren't watching the dub of Black Lagoon, seriously.

It's fucking awesome.

I was told bad Engrish > dub English when I asked.

There's literally nothing wrong with the translation to English in regards to the actual localization, it's quite excellent.

Then again, I'm not a weeb and pretty much only watch Anime in dub because I can't stand watching most things in foreign languages and I very rarely make exceptions(Hard Boiled for example, because the dub sounds like Godzilla with Guns).

I LIKE MY GAIJIN LANGUAGE OKAY. >.<

You need to watch better dubs

Even the good dubs are actually terrible from an acting standpoint. Why is it that bad acting in a game is immediately called out, but worse acting in an anime is defended to the death?

Seriously, even the good acting in dubs is the least natural thing, everyone is clearly just reading from a script and forcing it to match the mouth flaps for no reason!

Having good taste doesn't make me a weeaboo. Please understand!

Bad Engrish is always better than bad or even good English.

Alright, anime dubs are one thing, but if you're watching foreign films with dubs then you're fucking insane! Insane!

I very rarely ever watch anything in its native language, of course that's not to say I never have, I usually give a foreign film the first 30 minutes to see if its tolerable.

If I can't tolerate it, it goes right to DUB mode if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom