• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the good dubs are actually terrible from an acting standpoint. Why is it that bad acting in a game is immediately called out, but worse acting in an anime is defended to the death?
A lot of game dubs are taken for granted. Games like the MGS series are dubs, but the cast is solid enough nobody even realizes that.
I very rarely ever watch anything in its native language, of course that's not to say I never have, I usually give a foreign film the first 30 minutes to see if its tolerable.
If I can't tolerate it, it goes right to DUB mode if available.
If you swap the words sub and dub you're like Aaron. Anyway, I'm on PG's side with anime. The 10-20% of good dubs are alright.

I very rarely ever watch anything in its native language, of course that's not to say I never have, I usually give a foreign film the first 30 minutes to see if its tolerable.

If I can't tolerate it, it goes right to DUB mode if available.

Eh, I like lips syncing, but different strokes.

A lot of game dubs are taken for granted. Games like the MGS series are dubs, but the cast is solid enough nobody even realizes that.
"Solid" sure. MGS has terrible voice acting, but that's what makes it special.

There's literally nothing wrong with the translation to English in regards to the actual localization, it's quite excellent.

Then again, I'm not a weeb and pretty much only watch Anime in dub because I can't stand watching most things in foreign languages and I very rarely make exceptions(Hard Boiled for example, because the dub sounds like Godzilla with Guns).

I LIKE MY GAIJIN LANGUAGE OKAY. >.<

But Hard Boiled is awesome is ANY LANGUAGE!

I'm not even talking about dubs, any voice acting in a game that is on par with the quality of anime voice acting is immediately called out for being terrible. Dragon Age Origins was called out for being terrible and that's honestly pretty good. But the moment I say anime acting is terrible people jump down my throat and say I'm wrong a thousand times over and I just don't get it!

I'm not even talking about dubs, any voice acting in a game that is on par with the quality of anime voice acting is immediately called out for being terrible. Dragon Age Origins was called out for being terrible and that's honestly pretty good. But the moment I say anime acting is terrible people jump down my throat and say I'm wrong a thousand times over and I just don't get it!

What people are bothering you Aaron?

Do I need to use my Spidey powers on them?

Well, I don't know. I know I don't mind dubs because even if they are terrible, it's still in a language I understand.

Again, I don't like the Japanese language, and would prefer either not hearing it.

Alfebit

Banned
Everyone on the internet. It's me against the world.

73284090.jpg

Okingjrr

You guys know what's bullshit?
The fact that the Sony Gold headset isn't compatible with the PSTV!

Not that I was planning to get one. I was just checking out my options.

Your avatars are getting more dangerous, in multiple ways

You gotta problem with my Avatar? I know its a bit late, but I you seem to read the backlog for some reason.

We in another Dub vs Sub war?

The main reason why I hate Dub vs Sub wars is that people who do dubs vastly under appreciated in their acting ability. Some of the talented voice actors don't get paid as much as they should.

Some girl got hit with a car today. I saw the car coming and didn't even yell at the girl to watch out. Then the driver kept on driving off. So mad at myself and the driver.

It's not like you can predict someone's going to do that until it's beyond too late. Unless they're squealing their tires.

Any word on the girl or was it full on body impact?

Some girl got hit with a car today. I saw the car coming and didn't even yell at the girl to watch out. Then the driver kept on driving off. So mad at myself and the driver.

I hope someone catches that dickrag's license plate.

Not your fault. All fault lies with the driver.

360pages

I am doing survival mode in the new Naruto game. 15 matches before I realize why I don't do survival mode in fighting games.

Playing 50 matches with the same character against CPU isn't really that fun.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You gotta problem with my Avatar? I know its a bit late, but I you seem to read the backlog for some reason.

The main reason why I hate Dub vs Sub wars is that people who do dubs vastly under appreciated in their acting ability. Some of the talented voice actors don't get paid as much as they should.

I type my username in the search at the very top so I can see who has replied to me or mentioned me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom