• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfebit

Banned
It's not terrible on a surface level from what I've seen, but it just does everything Season 1 does but way worse and kinda ruins a lot of stuff from the first season.

And nothing happens. Literally nothing. There's an episode about (going to spoiler tag this in case anyone cares)
a sleeping contest.

Xiraiya

Geez, look at all this anime I never heard of. The knowledge/passion you guys have about anime kinda intimidates me. I'm too surface.

It's fine, I like what I like, sometimes that might mean a "surface" series, sometimes it means a much lesser known series, I disagree with a majority of anime fans since the biggest followings for anime seem to be anything "Cute" and "Emotional" together
Where as most of those come off as looking like their fanbase is not their target audience and I have 0 interest in them because most of them are also fanservicey, it's a terrible trio of traits.
I unironically enjoy Naruto, it was mostly bad, but I realize that and still enjoyed many parts of it anyway, if you can enjoy a series regardless of how good or bad it might be to people, good for you, just don't let yourself become delusional.

With all this anime talk, might as well get out a manga list as well. Top 10 this time, thanks to the time I've been spending over in MangaGAF

1. Needless
2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
3. Devilman
4. Getter Robo Saga
5. Akira
6. My Balls
7. Prison School
8. Kongou Banchou
9. Yuria 100 Shiki
10. Do You Like Big Girls?

You only have yourself to blame.

I blame the writer for only changing the middle word of the series when making part 2.

Selector Infected Wixoss to Selector Spread Wixoss.

Why? Is there going to be a third part called fucking Quarantine? Is it going to be released as an OVA addition for a PS2 game?

Agent York

Neo Member
Oh, I guess I haven't shilled something in awhile. HEY! PEOPLE!! Read Gigantomachia! It's by Kentaro Miura (the Berserk guy for those unaware). It's only 7 chapters long! The art is feckin' beautiful! It has WRASSLING! It has TITANS! It has WRASSLING TITANS!!! Read it asap!!!

Zenfalcia

With all this anime talk, might as well get out a manga list as well. Top 10 this time, thanks to the time I've been spending over in MangaGAF

1. Needless
2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
3. Devilman
4. Getter Robo Saga
5. Akira
6. My Balls
7. Prison School
8. Kongou Banchou
9. Yuria 100 Shiki
10. Do You Like Big Girls?

Interesting list. Got some lewd mixed in there. Was myballs the one with the demon trapped in a guy's balls?

I blame the writer for only changing the middle word of the series when making part 2.

Selector Infected Wixoss to Selector Spread Wixoss.

Why? Is there going to be a third part called fucking Quarantine? Is it going to be released as an OVA addition for a PS2 game?

I'd die laughing if they did.

Xiraiya

I kinda want ot watch sword art cause it sounds super shitty actually. I still don't know why I would do this.

The first half of the first season wasn't too bad even with all it's trope riddled nonsense, the series gave me a villain that made me think "I really hate that shit bag!" and that's more than can be said for many other series.

I kinda want ot watch sword art cause it sounds super shitty actually. I still don't know why I would do this.

gerstmann is a closeted weeb, don't let him fool you

And now you know why Liam and Pat keep watching it.

Also, I know he is. I know about his and Dan's and Brad's secret anime parties.

Xiraiya

Speaking of Giant Bomb, I'm still working through the 08/09 bombcasts, man do they go on about Guitar Hero and Rockband SO DAMN MUCH.
It's truly baffling how obsessed with those games they were back then.

Interesting list. Got some lewd mixed in there. Was myballs the one with the demon trapped in a guy's balls?
Yes it was. And it was damn awesome. The same author also did Yuria 100 Shiki, which is about a sentient sex doll constantly making advances on the main character in extremely inappropriate ways.

Speaking of Giant Bomb, I'm still working through the 08/09 bombcasts, man do they go on about Guitar Hero and Rockband SO DAMN MUCH.
The drink taste tests and new Wiiware/DSiWare releases were some good times.

Hey guys did you ever have any bad experiences with fast food? I have to write something short about that but I can't remember anything and I feel like reading what you guys say might remind me of something.

Secret anime parties are the best anime parties.

especially when its K-On

I've been going through it backwards. I miss Dan, but having Vinny there is great. I can't wait till I get a new laptop so I can actually watch the videos on their website since their video player destroys my laptop.

Hey guys did you ever have any bad experiences with fast food? I have to write something short about that but I can't remember anything and I feel like reading what you guys say might remind me of something.

Chipotle gave me a stomach virus. I got a bad fever and was throwing up for almost two days. Never ate that garbage again.

Xiraiya

The drink taste tests and new Wiiware/DSiWare releases were some good times.

Oh man, the Drink taste tests are some good podcasting, right when they try a drink that causes them to seriously regret it about 20 minutes later.
I was losing it when they tried "Drank" and it more or less made them end up sounding dumb and high by the end of the podcast.

Zenfalcia

I'm going through them too.. Man.. Some of them i kinda blank out and don't listen to a thing they are saying. So, much taste testing. Which can all be summed up to eugh or that's pretty good and tastes like citrus.

Yes it was. And it was damn awesome. The same author also did Yuria 100 Shiki, which is about a sentient sex doll constantly making advances on the main character in extremely inappropriate ways.

I'll have to add it to my ever growing list of mangas. I should post a top 10 for my mangas too
and maybe even stop lurking in mangaGAF and post for once.

It's not that I don't look for new anime, it's just I prefer playing games much more. If I'm tired of the games I have, I'll usually go look for some new anime.

Sure, makes sense, both require quite a bit of time to enjoy both. Gotta pick one or the other.

I had lots of problems with the play pens when I was way younger. There were holes in the netting where I could easily fall from.

thats what makes me wanna watch it

Here's the good part of SAO which is probably 10 minutes total:
tumblr_nca0ltUeO01s9wr0do1_500.gif

tumblr_nca0ltUeO01s9wr0do2_500.gif

tumblr_mnartjbTc21spqeklo1_500.gif

kirito-gif-kirito-sword-art-online-34958976-500-281.gif

Here's everything else:
ejdfndsf.gif

Loco4Coco

Had McDonalds for the first time in years a few months back, made me crap so much later on.

360pages

Huh, I guess I should get to writing. No matter how much I read I always feels like I'm missing a certain something in my writing. Not that it's a big deal since I have a whole slew of people that can review and look over my work.

The only fast food I eat is from a local Mexican place, Carne Asada burritos. Delicious.

Zenfalcia

My bad experience is choosing to eat fast food just because it's cheap.

Chipotle gave me a stomach virus. I got a bad fever and was throwing up for almost two days. Never ate that garbage again.
Woof that's some rough shit
I had lots of problems with the play pens when I was way younger. There were holes in the netting where I could easily fall from.
Was the McDonald's you went to super run down?
Had McDonalds for the first time in years a few months back, made me crap so much later on.
This made me realized none of these have been about Taco Bell and I'm surprised
The only fast food I eat is from a local Mexican place, Carne Asada burritos. Delicious.
That ain't fast enough yo, it don't count
My bad experience is choosing to eat fast food just because it's cheap.
I think that's most people's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom