• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of the story and all the characters involved?

The story is about a guy trying not to get reaped by shinigami taking up residence in his closet for being a failure (no friends, no hobbies outside of shoujo manga and is the academically lowest student in his class). He avoids this fate by confessing to the only four girls he knows by name and by dumb luck they all accept his confession and start a relationship. The shinigami still wants to reap him and decides that if any of the relationships fail she will do so and starts plans to get him caught in the act of quadruple timing.

The story is interesting and the author finds a way to get him in some sticky situations for laughs/tension. This is compounded by the fact each girl is some terrible trope: one's a closeted pervert, another a sadist, the third's an introverted, rich gamer, and the last is a straight up yandere. I'm enjoying the premise and the characters so far, and I'm not sure about the length of the series but I hope it doesn't overstay its welcome without developing the characters a bit more.

Nah man. You need to watch Kamen Rider Gaim. Too hype for Madoka. It's also written by the same guy but better.
Oh man QUIT MAKING MY LIST LONGER. I might, I can still get hype over sentai if I let myself
Just watch in any order. There's too much good things that will take forever tget around to watching all of them.
That's actually probably the best idea
Speaking of adding to my list.......

Zenfalcia

The story is about a guy trying not to get reaped by shinigami taking up residence in his closet for being a failure (no friends, no hobbies outside of shoujo manga and is the academically lowest student in his class). He avoids this fate by confessing to the only four girls he knows by name and by dumb luck they all accept his confession and start a relationship. The shinigami still wants to reap him and decides that if any of the relationships fail she will do so and starts plans to get him caught in the act of quadruple timing.

The story is interesting and the author finds a way to get him in some sticky situations for laughs/tension. This is compounded by the fact each girl is some terrible trope: one's a closeted pervert, another a sadist, the third's an introverted, rich gamer, and the last is a straight up yandere. I'm enjoying the premise and the characters so far, and I'm not sure about the length of the series but I hope it doesn't overstay its welcome without developing the characters a bit more.

Slight spoilers.. for a lot of chapters... :/ well, it's not like anyone else here will read it.

Yeah, it's pretty tropey but there's some stuff to mix it up.

It's about a 7/10 from stuff i've read. Fun for read, not really deep or anything.

Alfebit

Banned
Slight spoilers.. for a lot of chapters... :/ well, it's not like anyone else here will read it.

It's about a 7/10 from stuff i've read. Fun for read, not really deep or anything.

That write up actually made me want to start reading it.

That's the first volume and as much as it is a spoiler, a bit of summary like that would be good for use as a recommendation. Speaking of which, if I'm going to push it, it's for the reactions/references which I can't post due to scanlation.

Zenfalcia

That's the first volume and as much as it is a spoiler, a bit of summary like that would be good for use as a recommendation. Speaking of which, if I'm going to push it, it's for the reactions/references which I can't post due to scanlation.

Yeah, but there arent too many chapters out. Maybe it's just me being paranoid about spoilers for anything past the first chapter or so. Or at least vague for the general story.

Well, you can post it as long as there are no water marks.

I'm still watching them because I'm crazy.

Skeletons are taking me now, later guys

Sure, cya.

Edit: i thought someone would post something by the time i was done.. ah well.. just DPing more.

Alfebit

Banned
Alright, I'm off to bed but I leave you with something I found on the Best Friends facebook.

10701941_798334020208416_5840215794613098352_n.jpg

There's a Pokemon event in Toronto on the 8th where the first group of people get a ticket to the Diancie movie.

I really hate Pokemon for making me do extra stuff for Pokemon. Aren't all the Pokemon movies really bad? I remember the Lucario movie was hype tho.

Alright, I'm off to bed but I leave you with something I found on the Best Friends facebook.

Is there a stand based on quiet's powers? Also night.

Oberon

Banned
Good day Frienders!

"The women's virginity is at risk.."
Has to be one of the funniest things I have heard in a school presentation.
I won't give any context to this.

Good day Frienders!

Oberon stood up and declared that his penis was, in fact, the largest of them all, much to the aghast expression of the school principal who simply uttered, "The women's virginity is at risk.."

Good day Frienders!

Oberon walked to the front of his classroom, the eyes of the student body trained on his every step. The projector was hooked up to the DVD player prior to his appearance, some scrub had left it set up after demonstrating his less than adequate Ultimax skills. Murmurs began arise from the mouths of those watching him fumble with the device, but were quickly silenced when they realized it wasn't a movie he put on but a music CD.

"DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, SEE THE INVISIBLE" blared out from the projector, shattering the windows of the now insignificantly small classroom.

"The women's virginity is at risk.." was all the teacher could muster in response.

Zenfalcia

Good day Frienders!

No context needed. It sounds like you had to listen to a great school presentation.

Good day Frienders!

The class was going as expected, then, Oberon heard a screech. This screech was unlike any other any mortal had heard before, any mortal except for Oberon. It was the screech of the Fairy King, Oberon knew it well, as the siren call of it would send him into a flaring spiral of masculinity. Masculinity so severe and pungent that he began to float into the air, now sounding the Fairy Screech from his every orifice, flying through the air. The teachers screamed, unable to contain their horror at the ghastly erection now building up from the Fairy King's Levi's 20 year anniversary jeans, available now at your local JC Penny's Retailer, it was the phallus of the gods, no, the phallus of the elder gods! The women in the class were transfixed, the teacher screamed into his phone at the President of the United States of America "You have to send help! The women's virginity is at risk!" Oberon overheard this, and began laughing hysterically at the mere concept. "Foolish human, you understand so little. This erection is not for the virginity of these sacks of flesh." In that instant the roof of the classroom and the school tore asunder, revealing the cosmos above, Oberon's erection now reaching the masculine levels of a supernova! He began to fly away, it was then that the teacher realized... "It's not the virginity of the women that is at risk... It's the virginity of the universe itself!" But this shocking truth came far too late as Oberon was already soaring past the Hydrox mines of Falchior 19 and into the center of the universe. The beautiful and harmless universe sat there, unaware of the approaching danger, though, even unaware, she knew the time was near. The time when the harbinger of doom would look down upon her and the countless lives she contained. But she knew, much in the same way her mother and her grandmother before her knew, that Oberon could not be stopped. It was impossible... But no... Nothing is impossible, not for the Doujin Rangers! Just as Oberon appeared in front of the Universe, the Doujin Rangers stood, arms crossed, their fearless and peerless leader, Doujin Red stared at Oberon, saying simply "Nobody fucks with us." Oberon immediately shattered into Doujintillion pieces, the number only possible to achieve through the mastery of Doujinjutsu. The Rangers turned around to the universe, she sat, coyly, saying "But you see, this universe must come to an end, Oberon's power wasn't one of doom, it was the power to save this universe through our shared love!" The Rangers looked at each other and in unison said, "Don't worry, girl, us Rangers and you will create a whole new universe. A universe of Lewdness." The universe stared back at the fine gentleman standing in front of her, shaking her head, saying "That's just Prime." And then they all made sweet passionate love.

The End.

The class was going as expected, then, Oberon heard a screech. This screech was unlike any other any mortal had heard before, any mortal except for Oberon. It was the screech of the Fairy King, Oberon knew it well, as the siren call of it would send him into a flaring spiral of masculinity. Masculinity so severe and pungent that he began to float into the air, now sounding the Fairy Screech from his every orifice, flying through the air. The teachers screamed, unable to contain their horror at the ghastly erection now building up from the Fairy King's Levi's 20 year anniversary jeans, available now at your local JC Penny's Retailer, it was the phallus of the gods, no, the phallus of the elder gods! The women in the class were transfixed, the teacher screamed into his phone at the President of the United States of America "You have to send help! The women's virginity is at risk!" Oberon overheard this, and began laughing hysterically at the mere concept. "Foolish human, you understand so little. This erection is not for the virginity of these sacks of flesh." In that instant the roof of the classroom and the school tore asunder, revealing the cosmos above, Oberon's erection now reaching the masculine levels of a supernova! He began to fly away, it was then that the teacher realized... "It's not the virginity of the women that is at risk... It's the virginity of the universe itself!" But this shocking truth came far too late as Oberon was already soaring past the Hydrox mines of Falchior 19 and into the center of the universe. The beautiful and harmless universe sat there, unaware of the approaching danger, though, even unaware, she knew the time was near. The time when the harbinger of doom would look down upon her and the countless lives she contained. But she knew, much in the same way her mother and her grandmother before her knew, that Oberon could not be stopped. It was impossible... But no... Nothing is impossible, not for the Doujin Rangers! Just as Oberon appeared in front of the Universe, the Doujin Rangers stood, arms crossed, their fearless and peerless leader, Doujin Red stared at Oberon, saying simply "Nobody fucks with us." Oberon immediately shattered into Doujintillion pieces, the number only possible to achieve through the mastery of Doujinjutsu. The Rangers turned around to the universe, she sat, coyly, saying "But you see, this universe must come to an end, Oberon's power wasn't one of doom, it was the power to save this universe through our shared love!" The Rangers looked at each other and in unison said, "Don't worry, girl, us Rangers and you will create a whole new universe. A universe of Lewdness." The universe stared back at the fine gentleman standing in front of her, shaking her head, saying "That's just Prime." And then they all made sweet passionate love.

The End.

I see you're putting your erotica making skills to use.

I'm not a huge Manga guy, but here's mine.

1. Full Metal Alchemist.
2. Gin Tama.
3. Death Note.
4. Yu Yu Hakusho.
5. Negima.
Don't you judge me!
Karate wizards are awesome!

Zenfalcia

Now that I have my tablet I'm reading way more just due to convenience, but for the most part I just prefer my visual media to be in motion. I still love manga and read it consistently, but I prefer anime.

I feel like having them in motion takes too long and having the implied actions or showing scenes of them fighting is good enough. That's mostly due to me not having as much time as before. Damn school eating up my time.

Too late, already judging. Harems are a thing especially a little boy. It's weird.
Are you reading the "sequel" uq holder?

The harem aspect gets dropped almost immediately and it's only a few girls that are actually into him that way, and they're only a couple years apart so it's not that creepy. And no, I ran out of money before I could even finish the original series and I've heard it's bad.

Because I like animation, music and voice acting

Despite being the slowest thing ever, I love the One Piece anime way more just because of the music and voice acting. Not to mention how big the big moments look, since they actually use their money in those ones.

Zenfalcia

Because I like animation, music and voice acting

Ok. Makes sense.

The harem aspect gets dropped almost immediately and it's only a few girls that are actually into him that way, and they're only a couple years apart so it's not that creepy. And no, I ran out of money before I could even finish the original series and I've heard it's bad.

A few girls is still a harem. You can't deny it's still a guy surrounded by girls. You never finished negima? You should check your local anime store to read the rest. ;)

croten

Despite being the slowest thing ever, I love the One Piece anime way more just because of the music and voice acting. Not to mention how big the big moments look, since they actually use their money in those ones.

Yeah, I'm liking Part 3 of JoJo a lot more than the manga simply because of the animation and the Fate/Stay night anime is making me giddy for the fight scenes, that final fight is going to be soooo good.

A few girls is still a harem. You can't deny it's still a guy surrounded by girls. You never finished negima? You should check your local anime store to read the rest. ;)

It's really only like 2 or 3, and one is a comic relief one, so it's more of a love triangle than a harem.
Sh-shut up!
And it's the one thing I'm holding out on buying the rest of, I'm just waiting to get money for it.

I like owning and reading manga more than just reading it, though. I can't do this with everything, due to most shit just not being out here, but I like seeing it on the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom