• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they try.
and they don't straight out lie to their customers
Again, that was Japan Studio. And seeing that From soft games fail to maintain 30fps on consoles, they might want to hire better technical talent, before they shoot for 60.

And that was mistranslated.

croten

Never bothered me, to be honest. That being said, I think the Navi factor is significantly overblown as well. Feels like people started joking about it, the joke became popular and it slowly became "reality".

I felt the same way until I replayed the game and she is atrocious, her text moves way to slow and tells you information that you already know. It's not so bad the first time around but if you play it again it just is so slow.

Never bothered me, to be honest. That being said, I think the Navi factor is significantly overblown as well. Feels like people started joking about it, the joke became popular and it slowly became "reality".

HEY!
LISTEN!

How difficult is a three heart run or a Nuzlocke run?

The extremely long cinematic intros on Zelda games are awful. Just terrible. Especially due to how fun they are to replay otherwise.

the openings are the worst parts of those games, it is such a shame because I want to replay TP and give SS another shot but I just can't stand fucking around for an hour.

I feel like being a fan of From Software has two requirements in order for it to count.

1. Did you play any game by them OTHER than Demon's/Dark Souls.
2. Did you enjoy it.

the openings are the worst parts of those games, it is such a shame because I want to replay TP and give SS another shot but I just can't stand fucking around for an hour.
Actually I give Ocarina a pass. Most of that stuff was coaching players who'd never played a 3D game before. I think Mario 64 did that better with just giving you the castle garden as a sandbox, but it makes sense.

The fact it's gotten longer and longer throughout the series is just awful though. They seem to market these tutorials towards children, but they get longer and more explanatory each game. A lot of the time they don't even teach you well.
I feel like being a fan of From Software has two requirements in order for it to count.

1. Did you play any game by them OTHER than Demon's/Dark Souls.
2. Did you enjoy it.
I should really do these things. I'm more of a Miyazaki fan atm.

croten

I remember her text not popping up all that often and you're not forced to actually call her. I do remember it being unnecessary and not good at all, but I've felt more annoyed at your average, modern AAA title interrupting the game six billion times for tiny details/tutorials throughout the entire game.

I think that might be rose tinted glasses there, Navi pops up quite a bit and that's not even including the Owl who I hate more. That's one of the things I like about MM, Tatl never jumps in my face as much as Navi did.

I always thought Navi was good, due to Link not talking it's nice to be paired up with someone/thing that does? kinda like the king of red lions in WW, plus you get bad guy info from Navi also
Tatl is Navi perfected. She's got a semblance of personality while still being a proxy for Link/the player.
Edit: Oh hey, Croten.

Aight, so I played the first two levels of W101, and wow I'm bad at that game. I think I'm starting to understand you just spam X at a big enemy than use Wonder attacks. I'll need to work on gitting gud

croten

I always thought Navi was good, due to Link not talking it's nice to be paired up with someone/thing that does? kinda like the king of red lions in WW, plus you get bad guy info from Navi also

The idea of Navi is fine but the implementation wasn't, then look to Tatl to see it done right.

croten

Maybe I'm just misremembering things. Point is that, regardless of how often she popped up back in the day, I never got to the point of hating her.

I used to be the same, but when I played again when I was older it was unbearable. You should replay the child section of the game again just to see. The hatred is very justified.

Emouse

Tatl is Navi perfected. She's got a semblance of personality while still being a proxy for Link/the player.
Edit: Oh hey, Croten.

The idea of Navi is fine but the implementation wasn't, then look to Tatl to see it done right.

I have yet to play Majoras Mask so I look forward to seeeing what you mean, but I get what Navi is and what they tried to do, it'll be nice to see the idea in a more refined way, if that's the right word for it

croten

I have yet to play Majoras Mask so I look forward to seeeing what you mean, but I get what Navi is and what they tried to do, it'll be nice to see the idea in a more refined way, if that's the right word for it

Tatl is just Navi that doesn't jump in your face as often. Also better personality and character development.

Anung

Un Rama
My GF is away for the weekend!

LETS GET A PARTY GOING LETS GET A PARTY GOING.

The Reality

to-do-list-nothing.jpg

First of all I'd like to say, fuck both he fairies in MM, what a bunch of fucking dicks.

Second, goddamn I am terrible at getting work done

Nintendo generally ignores every brilliant idea that comes their way.
What thing exactly?

Tael and her being complete assholes to Link and getting him turned into a Deku.

I like Tatl because she's one of the few companions that actually has an interesting personality.

demidar

Maybe not every brilliant idea. That being said, I'm going to keep shitting on them (while I buy their consoles/handhelds and games) as long as they keep up the region locking.

Let's hope they take off region locking in the next console, since they talked about it in some meeting.

Tatl is indeed an asshole, but that's just part of who she is.
It isn't so much that she annoys me, I just don't like her a lot. At least, not nearly as much as Midna.

Midna is done so well. She's probably the most interesting character in the franchise besides Wind Waker Ganondorf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom