• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean using 2D non-tank controls? I've had to get gud at that because of DMC, but I find myself wishing it was tank controls when walking around, though it would ruin combat so whatever.

True, but I'd rather keep the people who dislike it in the thread than not. I care more about having a more robust community than talking about some dumb shit every now and again.

It was a really experimental game though and the genre itself is much better off because of choosing those awkward controls over something like Tank controls. I'm just glad they got rid of the awkward camera angles.

And yeah I guess so, I couldn't care less either way since I'm so used to it being much worse in another community I'm a part of, but if it annoys people then its better off gone.

Smash Conversation:
"I wish I knew Shiek's true identity"
"It is one of the great mysteries of our time"
"Are you guys for real!?"
They even call Samus Metroid.
This is amazing.
It was a really experimental game though and the genre itself is much better off because of choosing those awkward controls over something like Tank controls. I'm just glad they got rid of the awkward camera angles.
That's just my experience with 2D controls in a fixed camera angle game. They're fine, but getting good at Tank Controls is a lot more rewarding.

YO YOU ALL NEED TO LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION FOR ROBIN IN SMASH

There is always going to be a certain level of lewd here but I agree we must tone it down. The Best Friends don't exactly shy away from it and Matt pushes his favourite adult actresses pretty frequently, and of course Creepy Anime Bullshit exists.

Smash Conversation:

That's just my experience with 2D controls in a fixed camera angle game. They're fine, but getting good at Tank Controls is a lot more rewarding.

YO YOU ALL NEED TO LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION FOR ROBIN IN SMASH

I guess so, though I feel like its a lot more satisfying in a game like RE and not SH. Nothing about SH feels satisfying except when you're saving your game.

Also, youtube doesn't work for me or I would :(

There is always going to be a certain level of lewd here but I agree we must tone it down. The Best Friends don't exactly shy away from it and Matt pushes his favourite adult actresses pretty frequently, and of course Creepy Anime Bullshit exists.
Basically we should all blame Matt.
I know Liam likes it. He was tweeting Edmund McMillen about it a while ago
Ah sweet, he'll talk about it on the podcast probably.

Matthew K
‏@MattMcMuscles
Watch out for a new scary Machinima episode today that features a sick new 2Snacks animated intro that might be his best work ever!

wonder what it will be?

Matthew K
‏@MattMcMuscles
Watch out for a new scary Machinima episode today that features a sick new 2Snacks animated intro that might be his best work ever!
wonder what it will be?
Would they do what they did for Beyond and do the Machinima episode and then have that be an edited Part 1 of the Evil within playthrough?

360pages

Still writing, probably will slow down today.

I will say the meters in National writing month are kind of genius. I mean I need to feel up the bar, and I get a good feeling when I do, as a result I keep writing. Far better than having people keep track of their own words.

So while practicing my speed run of Dark Souls 1 I've been watching the No More Heroes 2 LP. I think my love of No More Heroes blinded me to the badness of this LP on my first time through. They're barely talking about the game half the time, the combat is super slow and repetitive, and the conversations aren't even as high energy or entertaining as the Podcast. At one point they just discuss plans for another time. That's it.

I think there was one instance of us pushing adult actress.

We all shared a mutual appreciation for
Lisa Ann
. But that was as far as it went.

So are we planning a secret Santa exchange for December? The idea was thrown around before.

I have an idea of a gift I want to send to a someone.

Pacific Rim BluRay

^_^

So are we planning a secret Santa exchange for December? The idea was thrown around before.

I have an idea of a gift I want to send to a someone.

Pacific Rim BluRay

^_^

oh god, I'm already in two different sercet santas and I can't help myself when it comes to giving away free shit.

Would they do what they did for Beyond and do the Machinima episode and then have that be an edited Part 1 of the Evil within playthrough?

you called it
from their FB
Before Pat and I kick off our new LP later this week, stay tuned today for a Machinima episode that takes a sneak peak at it! Included is a stunning new 2Snacks animated intro that might be his best work ever!

How is it? I never played the first one

So while practicing my speed run of Dark Souls 1 I've been watching the No More Heroes 2 LP. I think my love of No More Heroes blinded me to the badness of this LP on my first time through. They're barely talking about the game half the time, the combat is super slow and repetitive, and the conversations aren't even as high energy or entertaining as the Podcast. At one point they just discuss plans for another time. That's it.

We all shared a mutual appreciation for
Lisa Ann
. But that was as far as it went.

JuliaAnnmasterrace

Secret Santa? We'd have to set a very low price budget, though with the amount of us in different countries it could easily get expensive. I might even suggest a digital good restriction to avoid that.

That's sounds like a really cool speedrun,
are you doing it with magic?

Seriously though, I think you might be right. The more I think about it, the less I remember that was positive.
Woof. It'd be fun, but I've gotta cover my friends and family. Maybe we could do a 5 or 10$ thing, but woof. Edit: Digital would be good.

Secret Santa? We'd have to set a very low price budget, though with the amount of us in different countries it could easily get expensive. I might even suggest a digital good restriction to avoid that.

No video games and only DVD level movie/tv quality?

I'm all for it. I just wanna push my gift to the lucky person that ends up as my secret Santa.

JuliaAnnmasterrace

You don't know shit son.

EDIT: The original unedited version of that had auto-correct make it a very different sentence and sentiment.

Any%, All bosses, Glitchless?

Or, and route.

Well, it's not really a speed run speed run, it's mainly just find the quickest route through the game for a Let's Play that won't take a hundred hours. But it's Any%, since that's just what I enjoy improving upon.

Right now I'm at like 6 hours for a finish and I fucked around with a lot of new stuff, so I'm hoping to get it done to 4 pretty soon.

That's sounds like a really cool speedrun,
are you doing it with magic?

Magic is the quickest and best way to beat the game while still showing things off for a Let's Play.
It's also the most fun ever.

No video games and only DVD level movie/tv quality?

I'm all for it. I just wanna push my gift to the lucky person that ends up as my secret Santa.

Steam Sales might be the best, since games would be cheap as shit.

You don't know shit son.

EDIT: The original unedited version of that had auto-correct make it a very different sentence and sentiment.

Well, it's not really a speed run speed run, it's mainly just find the quickest route through the game for a Let's Play that won't take a hundred hours. But it's Any%, since that's just what I enjoy improving upon.

Right now I'm at like 6 hours for a finish and I fucked around with a lot of new stuff, so I'm hoping to get it done to 4 pretty soon.

Blondes > Brunettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom