• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, with the exception of some very minor DLC I've yet to buy, I've completed all the DLC chapters in Drakengard 3. That includes the DLC Weapon stories and unlocking all the Memoirs of the Intoners.

Putting this game back on the shelf now that I've finished that little venture. Probably a month from now I'll just put 10 bucks down on the remaining BGM and costume DLC, since I already have most of the content anyway, why not complete it for OCD reasons?

Look up Densha de D. I can tell you that it's a parody of Initial D where everything is replaced by trains, but that doesn't even come close to covering it. There's a manga and a game, I hope there'll be an anime some day.

Are you saying trombones aren't hype?

You were not here last night for the Aaron and Wheelchair's nerd battle

Anung

Un Rama
Gatt dayum. I really want to watch the D4 playthrough. But I'd love to play it myself first. Thing is its probably going to be an age before I even considering grabbing an xbone.

Squishy3

Oh yeah, don't think anybody pointed this out. So in D4, if you do Deborah's stuff you find out she's a nurse and works with Dr. Johnson. Ushah from Deadly Premonition's last name is Johnson. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

sjay1994

Game devs get good.

Make a shooter where I can do this

BRYkFHD.gif

Agent York

Neo Member
I feel crazy because it just looks about as good as any Sonic game to me. I don't like modern sonic, but why is this any different?
I don't either, but it's the framerate that I find most troubling. Say what you will about Colors and Generations, but at least their engines were fairly solid. This game is dropping frames like a motherfucker. It isn't too surprising since it's made by other people than the last couple of games, but the difference is jarring.

I don't either, but it's the framerate that I find most troubling. Say what you will about Colors and Generations, but at least their engines were fairly solid. This game is dropping frames like a motherfucker. It isn't too surprising since it's made by other people than the last couple of games, but the difference is jarring.

Ohh, just technically. I suppose that's true. I assume they didn't know how to make a Wii U game and just rolled with it. Plus the programmers may not be the same dudes from ND, they could be art or design guys.

Rendering the game a second time on the gamepad for the other player probably exaggerates that issue like crazy too.

Game devs get good.

Make a shooter where I can do this

BRYkFHD.gif

I wish I had the time to watch shit like this. Bollywood stuff is so silly and yet so enjoyable,

Also D4 spoilers:

HOLY SHIT I CALLED IT! DICK CHENEY IS THE ORIGAMI KILLER!

We have to harass Phil Spencer and beg him to push D4.

Edit: I mean not a fan of them playing it. Steam Train taught us the game was un-lp-able
It can be LP'd, just not in the way that every LPer does things, which is live commentary on the spot. It'll go over better with the commentary added in post, like just about everyone on Something Awful does.

Either way, I'd still like a different game than Hotline to be played on the channel.

So I think im in love with juri...
You and me both. Psycho ladies are the best!

Squishy3

in d4, when they say there is so much content to be missed, they are fuckin right

i'm going through it and THERE IS SO MUCH BACKSTORY AND SHIT

there's even a seedling salesmen costume for kaysen

Xiraiya

The moment
we got a good look at August Oldmann at the end of D4, I knew he was just a David from the future/past who's lived through all this and then I guess went back to raise Peggy, his hair is even covering up where the bullet wound should be.

It can be LP'd, just not in the way that every LPer does things, which is live commentary on the spot. It'll go over better with the commentary added in post, like just about everyone on Something Awful does.

Either way, I'd still like a different game than Hotline to be played on the channel.

Honestly, I would rather Matt and Woolie just did an lp, not a cryme time lp.

Maybe Matt could play a Zelda game for us since he has mentioned that he adores the series.

No I will not stop begging for a Zelda LP

So is Access Games only doing the 2 episodes until enough people buy in?

Because I want to know If I throw money at this game for a console I don't own will give Swery more work.

I'll happily gift it toward a Gaffer come Christmas.

Squishy3

So is Access Games only doing the 2 episodes until enough people buy in?

Because I want to know If I throw money at this game for a console I don't own will give Swery more work.

I'll happily gift it toward a Gaffer come Christmas.
we have no clue, all swery said is it hasn't sold well

i tweeted him saying i hope he gets to make a season 2 and he said "Thanks I hope so too"

Agent York

Neo Member
Ohh, just technically. I suppose that's true. I assume they didn't know how to make a Wii U game and just rolled with it. Plus the programmers may not be the same dudes from ND, they could be art or design guys.

Rendering the game a second time on the gamepad for the other player probably exaggerates that issue like crazy too.
Yeah, those are good reasons why it could be like this. On another note, I find it funny that even Eggman could not escape the terrible exaggerated physique artstyle that the game/show is using.

Squishy3

Now this, I can agree with. I too would love to see a Zelda LP from them.
I want 4 swords adventures. Go all the way. Ultimate rage. Me and my friends played through the entirety of it. We wrangled up 4 of those GBA to Gamecube cables and it was GLORIOUS

ok i'm going back to my quest to 100% d4

we have no clue, all swery said is it hasn't sold well

i tweeted him saying i hope he gets to make a season 2 and he said "Thanks I hope so too"

I don't know what the deal was between Microsoft studios and access games, but I'm really invested in seeing how this crazy bullshit ends.

I hope Swery gets to make another few episodes and a full season.

Zenfalcia

in d4, when they say there is so much content to be missed, they are fuckin right

i'm going through it and THERE IS SO MUCH BACKSTORY AND SHIT

there's even a seedling salesmen costume for kaysen

I wish they spent more time actually doing everything in the LP, they missed quite a bit it made me really sad and really want to play myself..
I usually buy the game if i see someone doing terribly and i know i can do it better. It pisses me off so much.

I'm finally watching hyperlight drifter, and mann... it's ROUGH.. the sides are cut off, the audio is desynced.. It's not great.

I still think that looks terrible.

NUH UH. You look terrible!
It's just alright. Face is a touch weird and her chest is over-exaggerated.
Yeah, those are good reasons why it could be like this. On another note, I find it funny that even Eggaman could not escape the terrible exaggerated physique artstyle that the game/show is using.
I have a friend who's genuinely excited for that show. I want it to be actively terrible and laugh at him.

Add me to the list. I really hope they do something with four swords like Matt mentioned at one of their panels.

If were going to watch a Zelda LP, it better be the dumb bullshit time travel of Majoras Mask or Twilight Princess.

Or a Nuzlocke/3 heart Ocarina of Time run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom