• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

And yet SAO is beloved by all. I mean, I'm not saying it's Madoka good or something, but it was pretty decent, especially since besides Space Dandy, Pupa (which was only five minutes an episode), and maybe Nisekoi I can't think of anything from this past Winter season that was any worth watching.

EDIT - Welp, was searching for more art and found a fucking Mui dakimakura for $231.

Waifus are expensive.

Dammit, I think two conversations mixed in my head or something.

I can name a few, mahou sensou was last winter right? There was Hamatora, sekai sefuku, d-frag, nobunaga the fool for dumb mecha, noragami, space dandy, and the list goes on.

Yes, they are. They are priced so high since they know people will buy them.

Zenfalcia

We splooshed when that first came out, and i sploosh everytime i rewatch it.

Ah, cool. I'll be sure to remember the name れおん@秋例大祭【い16a】 from now on.

You won't, will you.

When I fix my setup I'll make a Webm with sound outta this.

There's already a webm posted early but with no sound. So, by all means, just go for it!

Edit: Whoops, DP.

So ive decided to main Dudley, so far hes the only one ive gotten a hang of. Ive gotten the controls down and a few motions. It took me a while to figure out how to use EX moves but I got em.

Watching those sonic levels, I now feel like a dick for insulting the design Of Those games.

Compared to Sanic 06, unleashed is a much better game. Chronicles is awesome for a XBL game.

I can't imagine the amount of assets/time/resources that goes into one of those sonic speed levels...

Watching those sonic levels, I now feel like a dick for insulting the design Of Those games.

Compared to Sanic 06, unleashed is a much better game. Chronicles is awesome for a XBL game.

I can't imagine the amount of assets/time/resources that goes into one of those sonic speed levels...

the speed levels are great. The problem is that the speed levels are 1/3 of the game. The other 2/3rds are werehogs and you playing a visual novel

Awww yeah.. I found the artist for PG's avatar! HUZZAH! If anyone cares, on the boorus his name is leon 7..

Pixiv link if anyone cares: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=33102399

45097084.jpg
38449225.jpg
31969952.jpg

So much kawaii Reimu, my god.

Boy, you must not be from around hurr. *Knuckles Cracking*
Just kidding, it's decent, you're right, and it's downright good early on, but it's more popular than we think it deserves to be.

I thought everyone here hated it? Or have I misread sarcasm, I'm really bad with that online.
It's not that I think it's bad, I actually love the art and animation, and the story is decent, but the characters are really bad. I'm not just talking about Kirito, who of course is the most egregious problem, all the characters are just so flat and poorly made. I didn't even hate the second half of the first season because the romance and fan service and shit weren't even that bad by anime standards, the characters are just so awful.

Ah, cool. I'll be sure to remember the name れおん@秋例大祭【い16a】 from now on.

That's why I made a Pixiv just to bookmark these guys.

I can name a few, mahou sensou was last winter right? There was Hamatora, sekai sefuku, d-frag, nobunaga the fool for dumb mecha, noragami, space dandy, and the list goes on.

Yes, they are. They are priced so high since they know people will buy them.

I guess we have different tastes, I though Sekai, Nobunaga, and Noragami were pretty lame. Not bad, but not something I really cared to watch.

I didn't know they were that much. That seems crazy for a pillow case. Highest I would go is like $40 or something.
Which is around the price of the Ashe one I've considered at one point or another. Because League waifu.

Well, shit. There crazy SWC goes again, making wild assumptions after he skims the thread.

By the way, please someone tell me that I'm not wrong and that this is amazing.

It's Meatloaf. Of course it's friggen amazing.

I can't count the amount of times I've been alone in my house and ran around naked, singing Bat Out of Hell at the top of my lungs.

Shackzam

So ive decided to main Dudley, so far hes the only one ive gotten a hang of. Ive gotten the controls down and a few motions. It took me a while to figure out how to use EX moves but I got em.
If you want any advice on Dudley. I do main him and can probably answer most of your questions about him.

the speed levels are great. The problem is that the speed levels are 1/3 of the game. The other 2/3rds are werehogs and you playing a visual novel

That's what I mean though.

Creating a full sonic goes fast game could possibly be as expensive as something like Destiny.

Or so I think...

Zenfalcia

So much kawaii Reimu, my god.

I guess we have different tastes, I though Sekai, Nobunaga, and Noragami were pretty lame. Not bad, but not something I really cared to watch.

Yep, so much avatar material it's glorious.

My tastes are very general. I watch anything short from straight up yaoi. I watched mahou sensou but haven't finished it yet. I haven't finished a lot of series lately, it's becoming a bad habit.

I don't mean the song. I mean the whole package. The whole, Meatloaf-as-phantom of the opera, ridiculous, hilarious package. Although I do love the song.
Oh, ok. it's interesting in that aspect.

Well question I have is how do I do charge moves

Dudley only has one charge move, which has the down up motion. You want to hold down for a certain amount of time (don't remember how much) then hit up and punches at the same to get the move. Hope that helps.

the timing for SF4 is 2 seconds, its kinda weirdly long, imo. there is a way to buffer the inputs but fuck if I know how to do it

Also fuck it, I'm going through the PSN list and adding everyone again, if you get an invite from TC300278, it is me

I dunno.

How much would it cost to make an entire Sonic game that was all the speed levels?

Think about the large number of assets you pass in a 4 minute level alone.

Probably about as much money as it takes to make, you know, a racing game? But you only have one car in sonic? Given how quickly you move past all the assets, and how much blur would be on the screen, the assets would be able to look as shit as they wanted.

Zenfalcia

I dunno.

How much would it cost to make an entire Sonic game that was all the speed levels?

Think about the large number of assets you pass in a 4 minute level alone.

I think he's talking about the destiny part of your argument. It felt like destiny spent too much money hyping it up and not actually working on the content. Too much money was wasted into marketing, rather than making the details in the game better.

For the sonic part, yeah, i never really thought about how little of the area you see when you're going fast.

I don't know? It depends I guess but I don't think good level design makes a game cost 500 million

You have a point.

Fuck, I really want to know the costs of producing an AAA game in today's economy.

Probably about as much money as it takes to make, you know, a racing game? But you only have one car in sonic? Given how quickly you move past all the assets, and how much blur would be on the screen, the assets would be able to look as shit as they wanted.

Well, assets need to look nice in racing games. Framerate is even more important in those.

How much does a Forza or Gran Turismo cost?

I think he's talking about the destiny part of your argument. It felt like destiny spent too much money hyping it up and not actually working on the content. Too much money was wasted into marketing, rather than making the details in the game better.

For the sonic part, yeah, i never really thought about how little of the area you see when you're going fast.

Sorry I didn't explain myself.

I was curious how much is put into sonic games budget wise.

Zenfalcia

I didn't know they were that much. That seems crazy for a pillow case. Highest I would go is like $40 or something.
Which is around the price of the Ashe one I've considered at one point or another. Because League waifu.
[/SPOILER]

People are willing to pay for official merch. The anime industry is run by many whales buying the merch and dvds.
they have crazy profit margins(profits) since each bag is a few bucks at most to make.

League is different since it's fan art and non official, so they can't charge crazy expensive since no one will buy it.

You have a point.

Fuck, I really want to know the costs of producing an AAA game in today's economy.

With or without marketing?

There must be some figures out there right? you could cobble together some of their expenses and get a rough guess or find an article or something.

I have Pixiv account, but I almost never use it. Having to search using japanese tags and not being able to sort by best to worst without going premium is not great. Boorus are my preferred source for fanart.

I always feel like I missed the boat with Boorus and now I have no idea how to properly navigate them. I feel like I'm missing something.

Yep, so much avatar material it's glorious.

My tastes are very general. I watch anything short from straight up yaoi. I watched mahou sensou but haven't finished it yet. I haven't finished a lot of series lately, it's becoming a bad habit.

Oh, ok. it's interesting in that aspect.

Yeah, I've had that habit too. The reason I just recently changed it is because I've been going through the long list of anime I started but didn't finish. Log Horizon is next on the list, than Rail Wars and a few others I have yet to pick up from my local anime store. Well, I only watched like four episodes of Rail Wars, but it's trains so I'm intrgued enough to trudge on through the really bad fan service. I remember it had a lot of moments where there wasn't any, then there'd be one seen that was just like it was vomiting all the fan service it could have done onto the viewers. I think that may have been why I didn't finish.

I have some lax tastes as well, I'll watch pretty much anything from Initial D to Sakurasou no Konojo to Eva.

I don't mean the song. I mean the whole package. The whole, Meatloaf-as-phantom of the opera, ridiculous, hilarious package. Although I do love the song.

Remember, this man was in Rocky Horror. He knows how to do over the top showmanship. Or did, I haven't seen much from him recently. I think he's doing shows in Vegas for a while.

demidar

Okay so I just watched that new intro.

Ermahgawd 2snacks amazing. I saw that Goodwill made some gifs of them, we should put that in the weekly SBFC thread (we still doing that right?). We'll shock and awe newcomers with this sick quality animation.

croten

You have a point.

Well, assets need to look nice in racing games. Framerate is even more important in those.

How much does a Forza or Gran Turismo cost?

Forza and Gran Turismo are not good examples. They probably cost a lot more money than any sonic game, and Sonic is not a AAA game.

I don't think a good Sonic game would be any more expensive than any other game really. They just have to budget it right like anything else.

Okay so I just watched that new intro.

Ermahgawd 2snacks amazing. I saw that Goodwill made some gifs of them, we should put that in the weekly SBFC thread (we still doing that right?). We'll shock and awe newcomers with this sick quality animation.
Sure thing. I'm making it, so I'll work that out. Probably gonna post it Monday night after the podcast is out early.
Damn, Didn't think it was that short. :(

Also which one of you turbonerds is TC300278 on PSN?

AngryCanadian. He announced it a few posts back.

Zenfalcia

I always feel like I missed the boat with Boorus and now I have no idea how to properly navigate them. I feel like I'm missing something.

Yeah, I've had that habit too. The reason I just recently changed it is because I've been going through the long list of anime I started but didn't finish. Log Horizon is next on the list, than Rail Wars and a few others I have yet to pick up from my local anime store. Well, I only watched like four episodes of Rail Wars, but it's trains so I'm intrgued enough to trudge on through the really bad fan service. I remember it had a lot of moments where there wasn't any, then there'd be one seen that was just like it was vomiting all the fan service it could have done onto the viewers. I think that may have been why I didn't finish.

I have some lax tastes as well, I'll watch pretty much anything from Initial D to Sakurasou no Konojo to Eva.

You can still jump on the boat, it's not that hard to learn to browse it.

Do you want me to tell you what happens in every episode in rail wars? it's a goddamn formula.
character development for one or more girls for first part, something happens and then action scene at the end and fan service everywhere in between withc fairly generic characters that change a bit as the story goes on.

But those are great in terms of tastes! Now if you said something like walkure romanze or something like dangan ronpa anime, then we're talking about really lax tastes/bar for anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom