• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, found an image that I could turn into an avi. I meant to start playing Tera for the umpteenth time tonight, but now I can't stop looking at fan art. God dammit interwebs.

You can still jump on the boat, it's not that hard to learn to browse it.

Do you want me to tell you what happens in every episode in rail wars? it's a goddamn formula.
character development for one or more girls for first part, something happens and then action scene at the end and fan service everywhere in between withc fairly generic characters that change a bit as the story goes on.

But those are great in terms of tastes! Now if you said something like walkure romanze or something like dangan ronpa anime, then we're talking about really lax tastes/bar for anime.

I was afraid of that. Probably going to give it a shot, but I'm not confident.

By lax I meant that I have tastes that vary so much that I have no idea what I actually like so I watch pretty much anything. But mostly I have no idea what I actually like to watch and what I really hate.

Zenfalcia

Well, found an image that I could turn into an avi. I meant to start playing Tera for the umpteenth time tonight, but now I can't stop looking at fan art. God dammit interwebs.

I was afraid of that. Probably going to give it a shot, but I'm not confident.

By lax I meant that I have tastes that vary so much that I have no idea what I actually like so I watch pretty much anything. But mostly I have no idea what I actually like to watch and what I really hate.

There's too much fanart too look at. It eats up so much time.

Still give it a shot for the art/characters?

Ic ic.

Forza and Gran Turismo are not good examples. They probably cost a lot more money than any sonic game, and Sonic is not a AAA game.

I don't think a good Sonic game would be any more expensive than any other game really. They just have to budget it right like anything else.

Sonic is plastered everywhere thanks to Sega, so YMMV. He's still put on consoles for both Sony and MS, so that's why I said AAA.

I can't find much on development for a sonic game, but I'm curious the amount of money Sega actually puts into those games.

People are willing to pay for official merch. The anime industry is run by many whales buying the merch and dvds.
they have crazy profit margins(profits) since each bag is a few bucks at most to make.

League is different since it's fan art and non official, so they can't charge crazy expensive since no one will buy it.

With or without marketing?

There must be some figures out there right? you could cobble together some of their expenses and get a rough guess or find an article or something.

How much advertising does Sega actually do for sonic?

I can't find any article outlining a budget or Sega's budget restraints. Considering they threw money at Randy Pitchford for Alien, I would be surprised if the budget for those games are super cheap.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN, go ahead. My PSN is my GAF name without the space.

Uh, I can't find you, for some reason. There's a SeraphisKain, but your name gives me nada.
edit: Beaten to confusion.

edit2: Since this post is already eating space:
I'm RecursiveFault on PSN, if anybody wants to add me.

There's too much fanart too look at. It eats up so much time.

Still give it a shot for the art/characters?

Ic ic.

So much pretty art, so little time.

Mostly for the trains. I like trains, especially modern ones. Steam trains don't do it for me like electric trains do.

We need everyone to buy this game. #BuyD4

I never thought that I'd feel any sort of pain for not having an XBone, but this is doing it. The secret release will probably be it's real ruin, though.

croten

Sonic is plastered everywhere thanks to Sega, so YMMV. He's still put on consoles for both Sony and MS, so that's why I said AAA.

I can't find much on development for a sonic game, but I'm curious the amount of money Sega actually puts into those games.

I can't find any article outlining a budget or Sega's budget restraints. Considering they threw money at Randy Pitchford for Alien, I would be surprised if the budget for those games are super cheap.

I don't actually know what the usual price for most games are but I can't imagine that Sonic gets that much of a budget as games like CoD or Halo or Mass effect.

demidar

I'd say around 10 million?

Games are actually really expensive to make, and most of them cost over a million.

Zenfalcia

I'm not sure.

They probably reuse old assets? I can't really say since i don't know much about them.

So much pretty art, so little time.

Mostly for the trains. I like trains, especially modern ones. Steam trains don't do it for me like electric trains do.

Yep.

Yeah, there's a lot of trains. Also the opening is way too exciting for an anime about trains.

Agent York

Neo Member
Oh geez, that Sonic Boom gameplay... those animations and the framerate are whoof. Isn't this game supposed to run on CryEngine 3 and was made by former Naughty Dog members? I mean, I wasn't expecting an out-of-house Sonic game to be very good, but you would think the engine and presentation would be at least a fair bit better.

Oh geez, that Sonic Boom gameplay... those animations and the framerate are whoof. Isn't this game supposed to run on CryEngine 3 and was made by former Naughty Dog members? I mean, I wasn't expecting an out-of-house Sonic game to be very good, but you would think the engine and presentation would be at least a fair bit better.

Yeah, I kind of expect everything with a hedgehog on it to be shit these days.

Squishy3

The Evil Within playthrough won't go up until Guacamelee is finished is my guess, they just did the Machinima episode. oh d4 is up one of tomorrow's vids is definitely guacamelee and then i think the other will be a one-off because i doubt they're going to start tew right after the machinima episode

Yep.

Yeah, there's a lot of trains. Also the opening is way too exciting for an anime about trains.

Maybe you just don't get hype enough about trains? They're pretty sweet.
R-R-A_D-de-%27%27D%27%27_ch01p16-17.png

Things get intense.

Zenfalcia

The Evil Within playthrough won't go up until Guacamelee is finished is my guess, they just did the Machinima episode. oh d4 is up one of tomorrow's vids is definitely guacamelee and then i think the other will be a one-off because i doubt they're going to start tew right after the machinima episode

So, then bug island and rule of rose should be around.. late december? or in the new year.

I feel crazy because it just looks about as good as any Sonic game to me. I don't like modern sonic, but why is this any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom