• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dragon Age games are better written than KOTOR

e9d.jpg

Spyro The Dragon was literally the first game i ever 100%ed
those bonus stages were hell though
also was my first ever speed run(beat it in a day)

I would like to say that I haven't played KOTOR in a long time and I recently replayed both Dragon Ages because Inquisition is coming out. Standing by the Mass Effect universe though, probably my favorite fictional universe

I like Bioware more than most, I even like DA2 a lot because I liked the characters a lot and thought the combat was simple fun.

I agree completely. Fuck everybody's opinion, a game with Varrick and Isabela in it is a good fucking game. I don't play Bioware games for the gameplay that doesn't take place through a conversation wheel.

You can watch the one where he loves Doom if you need a antidote.
I have less than no opinion on MLP, but I dislike TV dramas, so I disliked the first season I watched of Breaking Bad. Way better than the Walking Dead at least.

I like the critique he made on Quake.

Me and my friends got to the point of that shitty Videogame: the Movie documentary where Max Landis claims facebook is a video game and we couldn't shut it off fast enough.

Woof, I really like Max Landis but that sounds dumb. He's not a videogame person at all, why is he even getting interviewed?

Mr.Towel

Woof, I really like Max Landis but that sounds dumb. He's not a videogame person at all, why is he even getting interviewed?

Videogame: the Movie is a documentary supposedly about the history of video games that spends more time interviewing "nerd celebrities" like Chris Hardwick and Wil Wheaton about video games they played than the actual people who were involved in making the games.

Videogame: the Movie is awful.

I like that he's trying to do serious critique, I just wish it was done with a bit more perspective.
Nothing beats Matthewmatosis when you want in-depth game reviews.

I can't take any YouTube game design critiques seriously after seeing Egoraptor's 180 on his sequelitis videos.

I think the only thing I can use as quality design critiques are post-mortems(thank you game thread for teaching what a post-mortem is).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I can't take any YouTube game design critiques seriously after seeing Egoraptor's 180 on his sequelitis videos.

I think the only thing I can use as quality design critiques are post-mortems(thank you game thread for teaching what a post-mortem is).

Thats because his sequelitis videos, particularly the MMX one, got way to much praise for how vapid and narrow its anaylsis was. Tried way to hard to apply SNES sidescoller standard to the entire medium. Its also not that surprising if you watch gamegrumps at all.

lol what he fought Vendrick?
he ate shit superhard though didnt he?

I think he played before the faith nerf. He got owned a lot and won through lightning tosses. Brace yourself. This isn't a link to his vid, but to someone's summary video. Skip to 3:27:40 if the timestamp doesn't work.

The Extra Credits guys are still doing pretty well.

Thats because his sequelitis videos, particularly the MMX one, got way to much praise for how vapid and narrow its anaylsis was. Its also not that surprising if you watch gamegrumps at all.

They got praise because people like Egoraptor. He's a charming guy and he has a pretty good voice for that type of thing, and if you find him funny those videos are pretty great. The actual critiques don't go as in depth as a lot of people would like, but not everyone is going to have thought about any of that stuff, so it's mainly for those people.

Talk about overly analytical. And not really comparable.
I won't argue that it's fucking in depth as shit, each review is like an hour or more, but imo it's the most reasonable, logical way to show your opinions on a game using objective information. You go through and form conclusions on each part of the game, which fit into a cohesive opinion on the game as a sum of it's parts.

It's not very comparable though, you're right.

Thats because his sequelitis videos, particularly the MMX one, got way to much praise for how vapid and narrow its anaylsis was. Tried way to hard to apply SNES sidescoller standard to the entire medium. Its also not that surprising if you watch gamegrumps at all.

Sometimes I really wish GG never became a thing because that exposed him to what he can really be like, and I really like him for his animations and humor before. Then again though if they hadn't done GG Jon wouldn't be as well known as he is now, as sad as that may sound.

Well, it was for his specific fanbase that loved his "take" of Mega Man X game design.

He read one design book and it made him think he could talk design. Jon did the same shit on grumps episodes too.

They both suck at it.

I wish I had that 30 minutes back from that preachy LTTP vs OoT video.

Sometimes I really wish GG never became a thing because that exposed him to what he can really be like, and I really like him for his animations and humor before. Then again though if they hadn't done GG Jon wouldn't be as well known as he is now, as sad as that may sound.

That's... Not accurate in the slightest. Jon was raking in viewers like mad before GG, and was a partner with Normal Boots for a while. He'd be in the same position he is now if he hadn't teamed up with Arin.

He just doesn't have any perspective. He measures everything based on the stuff he likes and not on its own merits.

What I appreciate with Matt, Woolie, and Liam is that they have cred.

They were QA guys. I'll take their critiques of games over anything Arin says.

He just doesn't have any perspective. He measures everything based on the stuff he likes and not on its own merits.

Absolutely. You can always tell when Arin has his nostalgia glasses on.

That's... Not accurate in the slightest. Jon was raking in viewers like mad before GG, and was a partner with Normal Boots for a while. He'd be in the same position he is now if he hadn't teamed up with Arin.

Well in that case fuck what I said, someone go back and slap them when they suggested playing games with each other.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ErrantSignal often focuses on a few aspects of the game and really like to bring cultural analysis into his videos. Also I'm not sure why you would think he'd hate on Alien. It wasnt a review but he seemed to appreciate much of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom