• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ne2rjshIZQ1r73s0go1_500.png

tumblr_ne2rjshIZQ1r73s0go2_500.jpg

Who does it better?

So I'm back and not dead. Which is of great relief to myself. Good work on going through an entire thread in my absence.

Anyway, I've watched half of Nichijou and have come to one amazing, life-determining decision: we need to kickstart a series of shorts of Matt, Pat and Woolie as the Professor, Nano, and Mr. Sakamoto.

Also I beat Danganronpa 2.

Welcome back Friend
er
I haven't seen the show but I would probably throw money at the screen for a Zaibatsu anything. Woolie and Liam have spoken about their aspirations to make games in the past, if they do end up doing something on kickstarter I would support them. They have experience in the game and I have faith they would handle their shit better than the other youtube channel kickstarter thing that failed miserably

Finished. Fucking finally.

Managed to carry on after three or four solid hours of doing nothing but backtrack throughout the entirety of the demon world and finally finding a thin corridor that was almost impossible to spot if you didn't have the camera at a certain angle. After that, some shitty story bits, an OK boss fight, a shitty boss fight, some backtracking, some exposition, some fighting and then the final, lackluster boss fight.

I have managed to kill every boss within two tries. That should tell you enough.

It's really not very good. There aren't that many different kind of enemies and they're all pretty straightforward. The bosses aren't hard either, especially if you've managed to collect enough bottles throughout your journey. Everything else is just a simpler, shittier version of what we could find in the Souls games, from the "crafting" (you put a rune in a weapon and now it does more damage. Yay) to magic to the character building. The story is horribly written and nothing special, the sidequests are really dumb, the NPCs don't really matter to the story or do anything helpful, and the level design is a confusing mess. The areas in Dark Souls were beautifully designed and huge, and somehow managed to be connected in such a genius way that traversing these areas was still fairly easy to remember and fun to do. In Lords of the Fallen the areas are actually really small, but they're overly messy, repetitive, and interconnected in so many, convoluted ways that you constantly feel trapped and lost. Like you're in some kind of sadistic maze. The loading screens don't help either.

And don't get me started on the technical problems. Text that pops up in the wrong places, enemies that suddenly die or regain health or simply vanish mid-fight, clipping problems, quest items that fail to appear only to appear after you've reloaded the game, etc.

I'm a sucker for action RPGs and the core mechanics aren't bad (not saying much, since they were stolen from Dark Souls) so fans of the genre, like me, will still get their money's worth, but I wish I'd had replayed one of the Souls games instead.

It took me 18 hours to finish the story, but like I said: 4 of those have been spent doing nothing but wandering around, not knowing what the fuck to do.

5/10
doesnt look too good for Fallen you guys

Yay. Finished Bayo 2

and Mrgoodwill, i agree
final boss is kind of disappointing for a platinum game. Armstrong is still best boss lol

Luka is still the best ever
Who does it better?
Armstrong 4lyfe
I uhhhh.......
So does anyone use the Hype Train app or do you use the web browser on your phone?
Doesn't Hype Train not have a way to post? I used to use it back when I just lurked GAF without an account.
So I'm back and not dead. Which is of great relief to myself. Good work on going through an entire thread in my absence.
Ey! Glad you're not dead n stuff.

DR2 is, like VLR, a great game that makes the preceding one a bit better than it already was. And as for Nagito, I liked seeing his character unfold.

Cool. Got a favorite boy/girl?

Damn, that's a shame. I watched Vaati's video and it looked kind of interesting. I was hoping it could become competition for the souls game, but I guess not.

Kamiya just tweeted that he was at Valve. Half Life 3 Character Action Game confirmed. Look forward to SSStylish Crowbar Combos.
Just saw, I would actually love this way too much. I'm not even sure why I love Half Life so much now, it's been years since I played the games.
Loading screens and bad level design mean I'm tapping the hell out of that.
Yeah, it also doesn't have spoilers so it's fucking dangerous shit
Jesus. Stick to mobile GAF. It works super well, mostly.

Why wouldn't you love HL? Despite being slightly overrated they are both solid FPS games. Half Life 1 especially.
The whole Half Life 3 joke has gone on so long I'm out of touch with my opinions of the actual games. I was a huge fanboy of Half Life 4-6 years ago, maybe I should replay them...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918517
this might actually push me to getting a WiiU for Christmas instead of a PS4(birthday)
That was always in the game, it's just way easier to get now that there's a cheat code.

The whole Half Life 3 joke has gone on so long I'm out of touch with my opinions of the actual games. I was a huge fanboy of Half Life 4-6 years ago, maybe I should replay them...
That was always in the game, it's just way easier to get now that there's a cheat code.

oh i thought it was new lol
their vid didnt mention Bayo i dont think?

I played them pretty recently and I feel like they hold up well.
Maybe next few days I have free I'll go through them again. Half Life 2 especially had an insane hour count for me. Like 70+ hours with all my replays. That's just on PC too, I had it on 360 as well.
oh i thought it was new lol
their vid didnt mention Bayo i dont think?
You have to get all the bottle caps to get Bayo, so basically it's the hardest thing ever. It's cool though, there's videos showing them off.

shit i actually want to see that lol

Bray Wyatt did a spooky chant and summoned a spooky ghost from his lantern/hell to scare Dean Ambrose. I can't. I can't. I cannot.

I thought we were past this kind of Hulkamania shit.

Is this on youtube?

https://twitter.com/WrestlinGifs/status/526567814124281856

360pages

So, what do you guys think about slow chapters in books. Chapters where not a lot of action is going on, but we get to know more about the characters and what they think and how they think it.

Maybe next few days I have free I'll go through them again. Half Life 2 especially had an insane hour count for me. Like 70+ hours with all my replays. That's just on PC too, I had it on 360 as well.

I also got into Valve games through consoles. Bought the orange box and loved all the games. What made me switch to PC was seeing all the content that the PC version of TF2 had. I grabbed L4D2 and the orange box (again) and I had converted to the mustard race. Built my gaming PC a few years later.

Yeah, Chiaki!

Nagito...

Nagito's a
piece of shit. I hated him so god damn much. That's why he's the best.

So, what do you guys think about slow chapters in books. Chapters where not a lot of action is going on, but we get to know more about the characters and what they think and how they think it.

I personally hate them because I have a shit attention span, but they're needed. Unless someone finds a brilliant way to do character building while there's action, it's gotta be in there.

related, but I only just found out Tables Turn is totally build on the SF2 Theme song
You guys this is nuts.
I also got into Valve games through consoles. Bought the orange box and loved all the games. What made me switch to PC was seeing all the content that the PC version of TF2 had. I grabbed L4D2 and the orange box (again) and I had converted to the mustard race. Built my gaming PC a few years later.[/SPOILER]
When I got Orange Box on an old hand me down 2002 PC and remember playing with the lowest graphics settings possible all the time, everyday. Orange Box and Call of Duty 4 were my jam back then.
I personally hate them because I have a shit attention span, but they're needed. Unless someone finds a brilliant way to do character building while there's action, it's gotta be in there.
Comedy is the easiest way to make those parts bearable, but that only works for less serious stories. JoJo (Part 4 especially) does that shit better than anything else.

I wasn't really that fond of the cast of DR2 compared to DR1. They just didn't interest me as much. Hajime was a way better protagonist, though.

I'm finding them to be more memorable either through the course of the story, as with Nagito or even Teruteru, or through gathering their Hope Fragments, like with Fuyuhiko.

Agent York

Neo Member
Maaan, I missed the nostalgic cartoon talk? Frig it, I'll continue it anyway! Courage, Billy & Mandy, and the 3 Eds are probably my favorite cartoons from my era, so many great episodes and quotable dialogue.

Does anyone else know that John Dillworth (aka the guy who made and directed Courage) is trying to bring the show back? Cartoon Network hasn't taken his offer yet though
because they are stupid and dislike money apparently
, but the teaser/promos look pretty cool. They even brought back all the original cast (except Eustice of course, cause his VO died unfortunately).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITQCDHp-Lcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKYb8m1JCbQ&list=UUYuF_XkLhGOAdnAGDh6q3ig

I played them pretty recently and I feel like they are still the best FPS games of all time and some of the best videogames in general.
My man, <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom