• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maaan, I missed the nostalgic cartoon talk? Frig it, I'll continue it anyway! Courage, Billy & Mandy, and the 3 Eds are probably my favorite cartoons from my era, so many great episodes and quotable dialogue.

Does anyone else know that John Dillworth (aka the guy who made and directed Courage) is trying to bring the show back? Cartoon Network hasn't taken his offer yet though
because they are stupid and dislike money apparently
, but the teaser/promos look pretty cool. They even brought back all the original cast (except Eustice of course, cause his VO died unfortunately).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITQCDHp-Lcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKYb8m1JCbQ&list=UUYuF_XkLhGOAdnAGDh6q3ig

My man, <3
YO WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS and why's it in 3D? I'm not happy about that part
When was this established?
Since last night's Guacamelee

ok guys its official
after much deliberation and realizing the WiiU has more games i currently care about compared to just FF Type 0 and Bloodbourne
im getting a WiiU for Christmas and a PS4 for my Birthday

I have no urge to play Half-Life any more than the several hours I put into the Orange Box. I'd much rather play Halo with friends. Which I think is where Halo stakes it's claim as the best FPS series, it was such an instrumental game in getting the guys on my reserve to play Xbox back it released. We'd have LAN parties every weekend playing Zombie in Halo 2/3.

ultimax

So it's officially Canon that Liam's not a fan of Hometown???

if we are considering that mathematic equations which are
Life = boobs
Life= Vita
Vita= Liam

therefore we can conclude that
result.jpg

so yes, hes not a fan

ok guys its official
after much deliberation and realizing the WiiU has more games i currently care about compared to just FF Type 0 and Bloodbourne
im getting a WiiU for Christmas and a PS4 for my Birthday

That shouldn't have been a decision you needed to make, it shouldn't have even been a question.

360pages

A lot of varying opinions about the subject. I usually try to meld them, but usually there are slower chapters and faster paced action chapters. I guess it also depends on the area and where the characters are located and what they are doing.

I have no urge to play Half-Life any more than the several hours I put into the Orange Box. I'd much rather play Halo with friends. Which I think is where Halo stakes it's claim as the best FPS series, it was such an instrumental game in getting the guys on my reserve to play Xbox back it released. We'd have LAN parties every weekend playing Zombie in Halo 2/3.
Multiplayer Shooters and Singleplayer ones are pretty different (despite games that overlap like Halo). I really like the Halo campaigns, but they pale in comparison to Half Life's, iirc.
That Clock Tower game seems boring compare to the other one-off vids we got lately.
It's more a tour of an old, old game that has better atmosphere than it deserves to given it's a point and click on the freaking SNES.

360pages

Multiplayer Shooters and Singleplayer ones are pretty different (despite games that overlap like Halo). I really like the Halo campaigns, but they pale in comparison to Half Life's, iirc.
It's more a tour of an old, old game that has better atmosphere than it deserves to given it's a point and click on the freaking SNES.

Clocktower was really boring, which is hard. It's one of those games that is probably easier to make an interesting review of rather than an LP considering how slow it is.

Unlike Escape from Bug island.

Clocktower was really boring, which is hard. It's one of those games that is probably easier to make an interesting review of rather than an LP considering how slow it is.

It's a point and click man. You can only do so much, and I think they did pretty well.

All this co-op Smash has reminded me that Ganondorf and Bowser make on of the best teams in the game. Using Bowser's side special to throw chumps into Ganon's up smash is hilarious.

Squishy3

Nope, Clocktower is a really good LP game, just more in a cut format. Arino's Clocktower playthrough is fucking amazing.

360pages

It's a point and click man. You can only do so much, and I think they did pretty well.

Oh, I'm not blaming them, it's just the nature of the game. Like, while I love the EO series, they are nightmares to LP. A lot of editing or dead space would have to be removed, very little to talk about at a time and it's slow as hell.

So I just knocked out a 1000 word intro to an interspecies cultural exchange story. Now I am dead tired.

I also decided to watch the "This is how you DON'T play Dark Souls 2" and the way DSP is rocking makes me think he might actually have a mental condition.

360pages

Banjo and Kazioo suffered from still having way to many things that you needed to collect to reach the end. If it was just the jiggies it would have been fine. With that said I liked Spyro more than the crash series.

(Seriously guys, play the Spyro trilogy, 2 is probably the best in the series followed by 3)

The Dragon Age games are better written than KOTOR and Mass Effect has a more interesting universe than Star Wars (although that last one might be more because the SW universe got really really complicated over time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom