• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love a SBFP backlog. I know I'll have a day with nothing to do before too long to catch up on everything.
They explored a single area. I don't think their complaints are without merit, but it's boring as shit to watch nothing happen and just listen to complaints.
I agree with them, but it's an awful episode. You can literally skip it.

Im watching shitstorm every day, dropped Dark Souls II. Not because of the LPs quality as im sure its up to par, Pat and Woolie are a good combo. I just don't have the time, its like 60 parts.

Zenfalcia

I have the time I just haven't done it for some reason. I still love all of them but I just don't feel like getting around to watching multiple 30+ minute videos

I know the feeling. It's great when you're up to date and it's your source of entertainment, but it eats up a lot of time.

I love a SBFP backlog. I know I'll have a day with nothing to do before too long to catch up on everything.

But you'll always have something to do, anime, manga(if you read any), back log of games, shows, thread stuff, etc.

demidar

This thread.

If I go to another thread, you will axe me?

Thing is with the podcast you can do other things. Videos you have to at least dedicate or at most do one other thing.

Well, you could always just have it up on a second screen. What I like to do is just listen to videos (when I was playing Divinity I was listening to the GiantBomb Extra Life stream as well). But the thing with most of the SBF videos is the humour comes from shit happening on screen (glitches, absurdities or stupidity), which doesn't make it fit for simple listening.

Zenfalcia

Ok.
Please don't kill me. ;_;

Well, you could always just have it up on a second screen. What I like to do is just listen to videos (when I was playing Divinity I was listening to the GiantBomb Extra Life stream as well). But the thing with most of the SBF videos is the humour comes from shit happening on screen (glitches, absurdities or stupidity), which doesn't make it fit for simple listening.

I try to do that. Have my phone playing videos and then doing stuff on my laptop. That's the problem. When I do that, I usually miss out on visual jokes that I have to rewind and find it. I wish there was a better way, but usually i just dedicate myself to just watching the video.

But you'll always have something to do, anime, manga(if you read any), back log of games, shows, thread stuff, etc.
Best Friends videos are really only secondary to videogames for me, mind they take way less effort to watch than to play a game. I have periods where I binge a manga or show, but it's generally after exhausting all my SBFP stuff.
I'm reading the thread 24/7 nowadays anyway, so that's not a problem either.
Fisticuffs work ok as a podcast-lite sometimes, but most videos suffer from this. I'd love to just play games and listen to them.

What I do is with my non-SBF stuff on youtube is I'll have it in another tab and just keep posting here, and on the SBF website when it's fullscreen it's sort of it's own thing so I'll just alt tab out to also post here in another tab.

EDIT: Oh my fucking God Woolie's dream lol.

Zenfalcia

Best Friends videos are really only secondary to videogames for me, mind they take way less effort to watch than to play a game. I have periods where I binge a manga or show, but it's generally after exhausting all my SBFP stuff.
Fisticuffs work ok as a podcast-lite sometimes, but most videos suffer from this. I'd love to just play games and listen to them.

I find myself watching a lot of YT videos and not really doing anything else. It's bad.
What's worst is, anything computer/internet related is higher priority in my life. I love the internet too much. it's like an addiction.

Binging stuff is bad/good. One hand you spend tons of time and getting invested. On the other hand you don't do other things other than the one thing.

The thread is too addicting. It's like crack. I visit too often and post too much. That's why I'm in the same shame car.

I feel like fisticuffs you have to watch sometimes for the special moves and animations. After a while, you can ignore it, since they don't pull off any high level combos. Usually throwing out random specials and jabs or lows.

demidar

I forgot to mention that. The Fisticuff videos are pretty good for listening.

I find myself watching a lot of YT videos and not really doing anything else. It's bad.
What's worst is, anything computer/internet related is higher priority in my life. I love the internet too much. it's like an addiction.

Binging stuff is bad/good. One hand you spend tons of time and getting invested. On the other hand you don't do other things other than the one thing.

The thread is too addicting. It's like crack. I visit too often and post too much. That's why I'm in the same shame car.

I feel like fisticuffs you have to watch sometimes for the special moves and animations. After a while, you can ignore it, since they don't pull off any high level combos. Usually throwing out random specials and jabs or lows.

It's the same reason why I don't watch TV. I find it too passive and mentally sedentary. The exceptions are shows that have a lot more going on or are involved in other ways. For example I fucking love Lost, because there was more going on than just the core story and character interactions. You've got all this crazy mythology that you can discuss with other people, you've got that ARG that was great and spoopy, you've got those hidden things in the background that you can tie different events together. Every time I finished an episode, I would go to the Lost Wikia and just look through everything I missed and read all the theories and Easter eggs.

Translating this to YouTube/internet videos, I like watching batshit insane things (Metal Gear Rising) or trainwrecks (David Cage games) because it gives me a lot to think about, like "How was this made?" and "Will it really get worse? There's no way this could get worse" and "What drugs were the writers smoking?". I also like watching mystery things (murder mystery, exploring the unknown, etc.) which is why I enjoy watching Deadly Premonition LP (Giant Bomb's Endurance Run and SBF LP). The main thread is I like watching things that make me think, because I like thinking.

I don't even really watch Fisticuffs anymore. I can't care about other people casually playing fighters on a low level, as much as I love the guys, it's just not my thing. An hour is also too long for the games they've been playing recently.

You need to stay in the thread, all the time. There's nothing else you need to do. Also I kinda agree. When they play those fighting games you've never heard of or seen, you wanna see what the fuck it is and what it's like. When it's something like Injustice though, watching is not required.

This thread has a strangely high place in my priorities. It's actually the main thing I do with my time, and it's not even conscious. I just do it.
I don't even really watch Fisticuffs anymore. I can't care about other people casually playing fighters on a low level, as much as I love the guys, it's just not my thing. An hour is also too long for the games they've been playing recently.
It's super dependent on the game they choose. The newest one of those two sunsoft fighters was fucking radical, but other times they just kinda press some buttons and do whatever, those are hard to watch. Like really hard.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What I do is with my non-SBF stuff on youtube is I'll have it in another tab and just keep posting here, and on the SBF website when it's fullscreen it's sort of it's own thing so I'll just alt tab out to also post here in another tab.

EDIT: Oh my fucking God Woolie's dream lol.
Zach, the hero we deserve.

Zenfalcia

I know what you mean. It's pretty bad when you just see them throw out random supers or specials. Only good thing is they introduce you to interesting new games you've never heard of.

You need to stay in the thread, all the time. There's nothing else you need to do. Also I kinda agree. When they play those fighting games you've never heard of or seen, you wanna see what the fuck it is and what it's like. When it's something like Injustice though, watching is not required.

Dude,
I already am.
Except when I'm not

Sometimes it feels a little too long? But then again it's a bunch of friends playing fighting games and sometimes there's nice stories. I wonder what's the stats on their videos for fisticuffs. How many people actually watch the whole video?
I do because I basically live on YT.

This thread has a strangely high place in my priorities. It's actually the main thing I do with my time, and it's not even conscious. I just do it.

The thread is crack and making it a habit.
I check the thread everyday and do it when i first wake up in the morning. It's gotten pretty bad.

It's super dependent on the game they choose. The newest one of those two sunsoft fighters was fucking radical, but other times they just kinda press some buttons and do whatever, those are hard to watch. Like really hard.
I feel like when they do KI in a few months it's going to be interesting to see Matt actually keep up for once since he's been playing it regularly. I mean he's still probably just going to be okay at it, but he'll be actually doing stuff
Zach, the hero we deserve.
God speed brave man, may you succeed in saving us
Dude,
I already am.
Except when I'm not

Sometimes it feels a little too long? But then again it's a bunch of friends playing fighting games and sometimes there's nice stories. I wonder what's the stats on their videos for fisticuffs. How many people actually watch the whole video?
I do because I basically live on YT.

I check the thread everyday and do it when i first wake up in the morning. It's gotten pretty bad.
You're doing a good job. I do, because I like them that much even if they sometimes do things that bug me, it's an acceptable amount. Whoever does is probably the super dedicated fans, or like you guys said, people who use it as podcast lite

Zenfalcia

Oberon, if you're on right now, I got to where your old avatar pops up in prison school. I love it.

Nah, he's not on. I think he's in school right now? He's about 6 hours ahead of east coast.

Yeah, that counts. Though I'm a bigger fan of the electronic stuff. It's all good though!

There are electronic fan music of touhou or just touhou is... electronic? sorta?

You're doing a good job. I do, because I like them that much even if they sometimes do things that bug me, it's an acceptable amount. Whoever does is probably the super dedicated fans, or like you guys said, people who use it as podcast lite

I wish i did a worst job.
They have their ups and downs like all normal people. Overall they are entertaining and gives everyone a good laugh or fun. It's almost like watching a TV show. The super best friends TV show, the hypest tv show on youtube.

I feel like when they do KI in a few months it's going to be interesting to see Matt actually keep up for once since he's been playing it regularly. I mean he's still probably just going to be okay at it, but he'll be actually doing stuff
Yes, totally. Plus I haven't see very much of KI, and so I'm curious as to how the game is, especially after the iron Galaxy S2 transistion.
I've been doing that for awhile now.
It's the first and last thing I do almost every day. That's probably really weird.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There are electronic fan music of touhou or just touhou is... electronic? sorta?

Electronic fan music (remixes/rearranges) of Touhou music is damn near a genre unto itself. There's SO MUCH of it. Though I tend to look for non-Touhou doujin music, it's hard to deny that the best stuff is usually Touhou remixes.

This is probably my favorite (pay no attention to the uploader name...>.>): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3qSa6MM41E

Zenfalcia

I've been doing that for awhile now.
It's the first and last thing I do almost every day. That's probably really weird.

That's why you're beating me in terms of posts. Although, Aaron went on a posting spree around the middle of OT5.

Electronic fan music (remixes/rearranges) of Touhou music is damn near a genre unto itself. There's SO MUCH of it. Though I tend to look for non-Touhou doujin music, it's hard to deny that the best stuff is usually Touhou remixes.

This is probably my favorite (pay no attention to the uploader name...>.>): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3qSa6MM41E

It can be a whole separate thing if it really wanted to. There are times you get gem things from NicoNico like Ronald McDonald insanity.

Shameless shilling is so shameless.
Not really XD

That's why you're beating me in terms of posts. Although, Aaron went on a posting spree around the middle of OT5.

You'll notice my post count is entirely dependent on my sleep schedule. If I'm on a night schedule like I'm slowly getting back to, then I'll be way down the list, but if I stay on a day schedule I blow everyone out of the water with my refusal to stop posting all day while doing other things.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm in the same boat. I check this thread too often and most of the time the current topic is something I don't particularly care for or something I don't have enough information about to form an opinion to post about. I should probably stop checking in so often because it get's in the way of playing my vidya games.

Anyone else a fan of doujin music? Been rocking this on repeat for a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhBz_uKwnBo

Yo this is a pretty hot beat.

Zenfalcia

You'll notice my post count is entirely dependent on my sleep schedule. If I'm on a night schedule like I'm slowly getting back to, then I'll be way down the list, but if I stay on a day schedule I blow everyone out of the water with my refusal to stop posting all day while doing other things.

Also dependent if you have friends to entertain. I'm assuming that's why you spiked up in posts because those people left?

Whoa, people shitting on Clock Tower (mildly), and Errant Signal in this thread? And shitting on analytical videos? I'm about to lose my fucking shit goddamn.

It makes me sad the way people look down on point and click games nowadays.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It can be a whole separate thing if it really wanted to. There are times you get gem things from NicoNico like Ronald McDonald insanity.

Shameless shilling is so shameless.
Not really XD

If anything I'm just shilling my dumb Youtube channel with a bunch of dumb shit on it (and some good music that somehow didn't exist on Youtube before I fixed that problem). :lol

Yo this is a pretty hot beat.

It really is. Whole album is good. It's EastNewSound - Infect Paranoia, if you want to check out more from it.

Zenfalcia

Whoa, people shitting on Clock Tower (mildly), and Errant Signal in this thread? And shitting on analytical videos? I'm about to lose my fucking shit goddamn.

It makes me sad the way people look down on point and click games nowadays.

Really? I'll have to go back and read the last thousand or so posts.

It also makes a difference if they are good or bad point and click games.
I haven't seen the latest Clock tower or errant signal videos.

People don't look down on walking dead, but even that has some action in it. Like QTEs

If anything I'm just shilling my dumb Youtube channel with a bunch of dumb shit on it (and some good music that somehow didn't exist on Youtube before I fixed that problem). :lol

You're gonna need more views though and have people listen to this great music. Might as well throw in a ton of tags like electronic, etc.

Japanese Ronald McDonald is the scariest mofo ever.

Nah, he's child friendly! all the kids love him.

I get kind of antsy when I don't check into this thread because I have an incessant need to always know everything. I'm a weird kid.
Really? I'll have to go back and read the last thousand or so posts.

It also makes a difference if they are good or bad point and click games.
I haven't seen the latest Clock tower or errant signal videos.

People don't look down on walking dead, but even that has some action in it. Like QTEs
I wouldn't really call twd a point and click though, it's more of an interactive story

@Zenfalcia:

I don't get why point-and-clicks have to be fast-paced or action-packed, and why they're "boring and slow" if they aren't. They're out to test your mind, not your reflexes.

Anyway, Clock Tower does have one kind of QTE, for surviving an attack. Walking slowly, at the time, was supposed to make you tense. You still have a run button, though, which many P&C games at the time never had. It would have fared better on PC, and I think it had a PC release in Japan. It's also quite a bit more cinematic than a lot of games at the time. When
Scissorman jumps out of a bathtub at the beginning
, the main character's portrait window actually animated a zoom-in shot on her eye as she reacts to what's happening.

Well, the game is based on a movie somewhat too, but that's beside the point.

I definitely get how many don't want to play a slower-paced game, nor have the patience for it, but what bothers me is when the game gets blamed for being slower-paced. I can't do anything about it but complain, though, so shrug.

Zenfalcia

I get kind of antsy when I don't check into this thread because I have an incessant need to always know everything. I'm a weird kid.

I wouldn't really call twd a point and click though, it's more of an interactive story

It really feels like a point and click at times. Since you point to an area and move to interact. Then there are dialogue choices which aren't usually in classic point and click.

Yeah, family staying for two weeks drove me nuts.

Oh, they were family? I was wondering who they were.

And then he invites them into his van.

Then he throws them into the biggest goddamn ball pit ever built, all the while laughing maniacally.

So you're telling me he
lets them play with his balls?

@Zenfalcia:

I don't get why point-and-clicks have to be fast-paced or action-packed, and why they're "boring and slow" if they aren't. They're out to test your mind, not your reflexes.

Anyway, Clock Tower does have one kind of QTE, for surviving an attack. Walking slowly, at the time, was supposed to make you tense. You still have a run button, though, which many P&C games at the time never had. It would have fared better on PC, and I think it had a PC release in Japan. It's also quite a bit more cinematic than a lot of games at the time. When
Scissorman jumps out of a bathtub at the beginning
, the main character's portrait window actually animated a zoom-in shot on her eye as she reacts to what's happening.

Well, the game is based on a movie somewhat too, but that's beside the point.

I definitely get how many don't want to play a slower-paced game, nor have the patience for it, but what bothers me is when the game gets blamed for being slower-paced. I can't do anything about it but complain, though, so shrug.

I think it's just the type of video games everyone is used to, fast paced action games. At least that's the current main stream genre. Stuff involving patience and some deeper thinking isn't what everyone likes. There's also people who never grew up/know about older games, such as king quest, I have no mouth, and other point and click games, and have no appreciation for stuff that is methodical or those types of games.

Damn, why can't he be an irresponsible nerd and just browse the thread and not pay attention in class.

I know right? I have a collection of Prison school gifs i want to show him.

It really feels like a point and click at times. Since you point to an area and move to interact. Then there are dialogue choices which aren't usually in classic point and click.
I just don't feel it has enough puzzle elements to be called point and click. Most of the solutions are pretty much told to you or straight forward enough that you don't have trouble with them

Zenfalcia

I just don't feel it has enough puzzle elements to be called point and click. Most of the solutions are pretty much told to you or straight forward enough that you don't have trouble with them

Yeah, that's true. It's not what you normally think of when you think of point and click games. I think it's better to say it has point and click elements in it.

wbivTV5.png

Every time I see the thread of this game on gaming side I'm read it as "Girls Will Be Watching".

Also, I'm not I'm of the camp that believes a point and click game needs Sierra Games tier puzzles to be considered a point and click game.

Zenfalcia

Every time I see the thread of this game on gaming side I'm read it as "Girls Will Be Watching".

Sure? If you don't read it properly, maybe :p.
Girls are always watching.

I haven't seen good things about that game. Too much RNG and things that screw up and require hours of doing the same thing just to get close to finishing a mission.

Yeah, that's true. It's not what you normally think of when you think of point and click games. I think it's better to say it has point and click elements in it.

Also, I'm not I'm of the camp that believes a point and click game needs Sierra Games tier puzzles to be considered a point and click game.
These are both fair, I just personally don't consider it that but I have no problem with other people calling it that
wbivTV5.png

Girls are always watching
EDIT:Damn Zen beat me to it

Zenfalcia

These are both fair, I just personally don't consider it that but I have no problem with other people calling it that

Girls are always watching
EDIT:Damn Zen beat me to it

Yep. Opinions and views can be different.

Git gud and post faster.

Is Santa a girl?! That would explain everything!

Santa can be a girl, depends on what animes/manga/doujins you watch/read.

Yo okay I'm throwing myself out. See you guys later.
Cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom