• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, it's all about the Sexy Dance!

Sexy Dance + Charm Boost is so great.
Sexy Dance has the same hit chance as Marin Karin, but going for a group basically increases your chances the more enemies are on screen.

Charm Boost is a big fucking deal though. Accuracy goes from 25% to 75%

croten

I wish shadows of mordor had a hard mode. Once you get the brand ability it just becomes piss easy, and it was easy enough already

croten

I disagree. I want more newcomers.

The old Best Friends thread had some many different people. I don't want our conversations to always end up in a roundabout way.

Sure but I think we got to a point were we were getting so many newcomers that I couldn't recognize them. I still think that newcomers are great but we're slowing down now which I think is a good thing.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
And for people like me who only come out of hiding at a certain time and isn't that recognizable, I get drowned in all these new people and I just become one of them, even though I've been here for a few months or so.

And for people like me who only come out of hiding at a certain time and isn't that recognizable, I get drowned in all these new people and I just become one of them, even though I've been here for a few months or so.
I think I actually recognize everybody. You've been around for awhile yeah.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So many people freaking out about Amiibo quality. These things are $13. They're not going to look exactly like the prototypes.

So many people freaking out about Amiibo quality. These things are $13. They're not going to look exactly like the prototypes.

People don't spending money on something they deemed not good.

It is bizarre, tho. I never once bought into the hype of the Amiibos, so I don't know exactly what they are feeling. Only thing I know is that I'm going to be still waiting on a good Rosalina.

The prototype, which was professionally photographed, molded from a harder plastic or clay, and have very detailed hard paint applied.

That thread doesn't make sense to me. As long as the chip inside the Amiibo remains functional and the paint job lasts, all things considered 13 dollars is a reasonable price.

Emouse

It's a little disappointing but for cheap mass produced figures what can you do, some of them do look like shitty bootlegs though, I think people are just mad that they don't look as good as they were shown

The prototype, which was professionally photographed, molded from a harder plastic or clay, and have very detailed hard paint applied.

That thread doesn't make sense to me. As long as the chip inside the Amiibo remains functional and the paint job lasts, all things considered 13 dollars is a reasonable price.
Some, like me, were never going to use theirs.

The outrage is still ridiculous. They are 12 dollars. What were you expecting?
It's a little disappointing but for cheap mass produced figures what can you do, some of them do look like shitty bootlegs though, I think people are just mad that they don't look as good as they were shown
They should have known that. Prototypes always look better than mass produced anything.

Some do look awful (Peach, Marth, and Link), but for the price, they still look okay.

demidar

Proper lighting goes a long way to good presentation.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
People don't spending money on something they deemed not good.

It is bizarre, tho. I never once bought into the hype of the Amiibos, so I don't know exactly what they are feeling. Only thing I know is that I'm going to be still waiting on a good Rosalina.

Sure, if they don't seem good then people shouldn't feel compelled to buy them. I'm just saying that expectations were pretty warped. Even $100+ figures look different from their prototypes. And then people are comparing them to Figmas, which can be $50+.

So has anybody tried the Tag Climax mode in Bayo 2? I have no idea what those verse card thingies do.
Basically, you and a CPU/Player fight 6 challenges demoted by the cards, and the more you bet the harder the enemies. If you both die you lose and have to start over.

Only the player who has a higher ranking wins the amount bet on that card. That's what the "You Win/ You Lose" means

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
After hearing about the price, I never expected them to look absolutely amazing. They look fine for what you pay for and if you want a higher quality figure, go find one online and buy it. I just want to buy a Sheik, bowser or ZSS one, try it out in-game and be done with it.
So you can then put it on a shelf and admire it?
5cEudQa.jpg

ultimax

Basically, you and a CPU/Player fight 6 challenges demoted by the cards, and the more you bet the harder the enemies. If you both die you lose and have to start over.

Only the player who has a higher ranking wins the amount bet on that card. That's what the "You Win/ You Lose" means
Sounds interesting. Might be a good way to earn lots of halos. Stuff in the shop is hella expensive lol

Sounds interesting. Might be a good way to earn lots of halos. Stuff in the shop is hella expensive lol
It's really fun when you have a guy to play with who's your same skill level but it's pretty tense and very disheartening when you die on a sixth card and lose all your progress.

I've just started in order to farm halos for costumes. If you want to farm there's also the Midas Clock (? Might be named something else) item you can use in singleplayer to increase the number of halos enemies drop for a period of time.

ultimax

No, it's not the cables. It can read everything. My PC, PS3 and Wii U signal al work fine, but the TV just doesn't show anything. I can even change the TV settings using the TV buttons (like going from HDMI 1 to 2) and changing it actually works, but I can't actually see what I'm doing.
What brand do you have, out of curiosity?

demidar

No, it's not the cables. It can read everything. My PC, PS3 and Wii U signal al work fine, but the TV just doesn't show anything. I can even change the TV settings using the TV buttons (like going from HDMI 1 to 2) and changing it actually works, but I can't actually see what I'm doing.

Something may be fried in the TV then that handles reading HDMI signals.

Squishy3

It is not just HDMI, it can't read DVI either. Hell, it won't even show the built in TV settings menu.

Still using an Iiyama monitor due to extremely low input lag. Lacking in IQ, but I didn't mind back then. Been looking at BenQ monitors for a while.

Bayo on gamepad? Nah. Also, can't access my PC and PS3 either. Nothing works.
I can't tell if you mean because of the small screen or the gamepad controls, because you can just set it up on the stand and still play with the pro controller.

I played a bunch and the small screen didn't bother me at all. :p

Bayo on gamepad? Nah. Also, can't access my PC and PS3 either. Nothing works.
I played all of Bayonetta on the Gamepad. Git gud. By the way, It literally sounds like your display is disconnected internally, but on.
I started watching Korra. 10 episodes in and it's pretty good. Can't wait to see how terrible Book 2 is.
I want you to regret your avatar during Book 2. That'd be hilarious.

demidar

God damn it. God fucking damn it. Right during the time where I'm a bit short on cash and have tons of stuff to do (study wise) behind my computer too.

You could always try opening it up to see if anything came loose. Maybe you'll get lucky and you just have to jack something back in. Don't do it if you're not comfortable messing with electronics or have a warranty though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom