• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
Great, today on history we talked about the Irish, and how they where dependent on Potatoes in the 19th century.
Now I get those jokes!

Zenfalcia

Great, today on history we talked about the Irish, and how they where dependent on Potatoes in the 19th century.
Now I get those jokes!

Hurray for history! It's very useful, especially for making jokes.

Edit: Yooo... It looks like there's a uncensored version of terra formars out! I found out at my local anime store... All I can say is
nyaaa~

croten

So I'm starting a Pokemon Y Nuzlocke and I wanted to ask two things.

1)Should I avoid using the EXP Share? It makes the game way too easy so I was going to avoid it, but it also get rid of grinding which I hate in Pokemon sooo.....

2)Should I pick my starter normally or via dice roll? Such as 1-2 chespin, 3-4 Fenekin 5-6 Froakie?

Rutti

So I'm starting a Pokemon Y Nuzlocke and I wanted to ask two things.

1)Should I avoid using the EXP Share? It makes the game way too easy so I was going to avoid it, but it also get rid of grinding which I hate in Pokemon sooo.....

2)Should I pick my starter normally or via dice roll? Such as 1-2 chespin, 3-4 Fenekin 5-6 Froakie?

1) Avoid exp share if you can or only use it if you have to get new low level pokemons to required level.
2) dice roll

demidar

Everything else aside, Errant Signal is actually highly hit and miss. He's an intelligent man and some of his vids are fantastic, but he occasionally completely misses the point and rants uncontrollably about nonsense.

Would you say he uses games as an excuse to throw out his already established thoughts rather than making the game the focal point of the video (i.e. make it about him and his opinions and not the game)?

You'll notice my post count is entirely dependent on my sleep schedule. If I'm on a night schedule like I'm slowly getting back to, then I'll be way down the list, but if I stay on a day schedule I blow everyone out of the water with my refusal to stop posting all day while doing other things.

I'm in the same boat. I check this thread too often and most of the time the current topic is something I don't particularly care for or something I don't have enough information about to form an opinion to post about. I should probably stop checking in so often because it get's in the way of playing my vidya games.
Yo this is a pretty hot beat.
I check the thread whenever I get a chance to at work if I'm carpooling to work or on a coffee break and stuff like that. Other then that the thread is always open either in a different tab or on my phone. I may not post all day but there is a very good chance I'm lurking.

demidar

His vids certainly don't always seem to be the vocal point as much as they are in superior analysis channels like matthew, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that the games are just there as an excuse to express his opinions. The issue is rather that his analysis of some of his games are somewhat limited, in that he tends to focus on very few aspects of a game and spend the entire episode talking about just that, lacks knowledge about possible differing viewpoint or just literally fails to properly analyse them, occasionally adding non-existent elements to the mix to prove his point or failing to see the underlying meaning behind certain elements of said game. It is indeed partially a way to just make his opinion known, which is fine, but his analysis vids certainly aren't all of equal quality or even of high quality overall.
He's like the yahtzee (or gametheory) of game analysis channels.

That sounds like kind of a problem. Games should be looked at holistically because they are a fusion of many different types of mediums, techniques and conventions. Even if you're analyzing a single thing with laser focus, not talking about how it interacts with the systems directly around it is a huge blind spot.

Thinking about the life and hometown contest Joe posted, I won't win :/

I posted way too early. I have no faith that a random number generator is going to pick 9.

Better GIT GUD at working this week to play for the game.

croten

Woken up by my cat because he couldn't wait another half an hour for breakfast.

Love the little bastard but sometimes he just pushes those buttons.

My cats don't understand the concept of meal time. They just meow until I give up and feed them even I fed them both an hour ago.

I gave up and ordered Fire Emblem Awakening. Better not disappoint.

croten

It's pretty good. Don't expect FE7 quality. Also waifus.
If you're into creepy, obsessed, hostile, edgy, borderline rapist, sociopath girls with revealing clothing and quite the life and hometown, you're going to looooove tharja.

Ah, so your typical Yandere. No thanks. Life and Hometown are a plus though

Okingjrr

If you're into creepy, obsessed, hostile, edgy, borderline rapist, sociopath girls with revealing clothing and quite the life and hometown, you're going to looooove tharja.
I better find time to play it then.

Ah, so your typical Yandere. No thanks. Life and Hometown are a plus though

The player avatar, quite literally, has pick of the entire playable cast as husbando/waifu.

You'll find someone
and if it's Nowi, she comes with a special all-expenses-paid trip to Australia

Rizzi

So, Lords of the Fallen is out this week. That's pretty cool.
Also trying to decide if I should buy this Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus thing on the Vita too.

But dat hometown so good. I'm not ashamed to admit that I always paired Robin with Donnel
for the insane stats later in the game. Tharja on the side because the game needs straight relationships FeRobin is my Robin

Eh, Morgan is going to be broken no matter who you pair with, so I generally just go for which character I like the most. I have optimized the remainder of my team in terms of pairings as I was playing on lunatic.
I wasn't playing on lunatic but on one of my more recent plays I actually ruined the game for myself with Morgan, I would just pair him up with Robin and win any encounter without using any other units, it got really boring and I dropped that play through. I was just playing to get more conversations that I had missed but still

Some good feels to start your morning.

tumblr_ndykoztTfQ1smyvt8o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndykoztTfQ1smyvt8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndykoztTfQ1smyvt8o3_1280.jpg

Well i'm about to start Persona 3, hope it's as good as everyone says it is. What's the difficulty like? The only SMT game i played was Devil Survivor and i couldn't beat the final boss and gave up

I gave up and ordered Fire Emblem Awakening. Better not disappoint.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the traversable world map in fire emblem games?

Well i'm about to start Persona 3, hope it's as good as everyone says it is. What's the difficulty like? The only SMT game i played was Devil Survivor and i couldn't beat the final boss and gave up

Am I the only one who doesn't like the traversable world map in fire emblem games?

P3 is a bit of a grindfest, but make sure when you have a chance to, register your Personas.

If you enjoy the music in the first part of the game, I think the rest of it you'll enjoy.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I just got my hands on the original Fire Emblem on the GBA, and that just has an area by area story, you don't choose where you go, you just get pulled along.

And I started playing P3 and boy do you grind a lot, but everything else about that game is fantastic. I played P4 before it though, and it's really annoying not being able to control each member of your party individually.

Inconsistent. Most bosses and monsters can be defeated with relative ease, but the game is over once the MC is dead and you can't control the remaining team members. There might be instances where the enemies decide to gangbang the MC and end the game as your team members do all the wrong things like Marin Karin and Ice Break.

Also, some bosses might ravage the player's butthole if they're not prepared, at which point the player has to realize that he either needs to improve his persona's in order to withstand the boss' attacks properly or needs to level up a bit. Save often and if you're playing on the PS3, SAVE MULTIPLE TIMES ON MULTIPLE SLOTS AS THE SAVEFILES OFTEN GET CORRUPTED. Have fun.

Pro Tip: Save like Pat does!
Consistently and thoroughly.

All you need to do is say the words "Marin Karin" to a Persona 3 player to see most of them writhe in pain.
NOTE: NOT EVERYONE.

I used Mitsuru regularly and I don't recall getting boned by Marin Karin. I also live on the edge and keep a single save file in every game. I am the 1%

Mathaou

legacy of cane
How do I get rid of the white around my avatar? I already made the background nothing, it shouldn't be there, yet it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom