• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see we are discussing anime again, as is the norm for this thread. Meanwhile I'm writing lewd things.

onUj5.gif

Can't disagree with you there. Part 2 started out pretty nice. Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi doing non Sasuke related things, meeting new people and getting into the fight with one of the members of the big bads group. Even Sakura managed to have a really good fight for once (Her first and last)

The first main arc of Shippuden was actually really good and gave me hope. Then its been super inconsistent right until the war where I stopped following Naruto for good.

He still wasn't remotely as good as any of them. If you're the main character and you can't even be one of the best characters in your own show, then just fuck off screen and make room for better characters. The smartest thing that show did was to give Zuko, Sokka, Iroh and Azula more screen time in S3.

Sokka and Bolin are the best in their series because ATLA and LOK are actually secretly two of the funniest shows on TV
giphy.gif

Bad+pun+bolin+yuban+kekpot+love+letter+for+youtxtvbs+hello+welcome+to+http+wwwfunnyjunkcom+hacked+by+chinese+get_45d737_5245859.gif

360pages

He was never that interesting in the first place and he didn't improve much throughout the show. He's not a horrible character, but clearly there were much better characters that were also better written.

That is true, but I think he acted as a nice juxtaposition to the world around him. He was a fun loving kid that was swept up in everything.

Korra was pretty much a complete brat for the first two seasons that really didn't understand what it meant to be the Avatar, and she was never really shown anything, because a lot of things just worked out for her in the end until Season 3.

Aang always felt like he was struggling with something while Korra always felt like she was handed her victories or fixes in the first two seasons.

360pages

The first main arc of Shippuden was actually really good and gave me hope. Then its been super inconsistent right until the war where I stopped following Naruto for good.

Yeah, the war is super draggy, the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke is pretty cool right now. Since it's pretty much the reverse of their part 1 fight. (They start with a clash, and instead of escalating they slowly go down to the point where they are just fist fighting now)

Yeah, the war is super draggy, the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke is pretty cool right now. Since it's pretty much the reverse of their part 1 fight. (They start with a clash, and instead of escalating they slowly go down to the point where they are just fist fighting now)

Sounds like it starts hype and gets lamer
Unless the powers are so badly handled that that's actually better

360pages

Sounds like it starts hype and gets lamer
Unless the powers are so badly handled that that's actually better

I think it works, since hand to hand combat became such a rarity as the series went on, it's refreshing to get some decent stuff in it. Since they start as mountain size Charka monsters and slowly move down to their basics

We even get to see Naruto's barrage again.

Zenfalcia

I'm washing clothes.

I'm going to be in training tomorrow all day. Hopefully you guys make it easy for me to catch up.

It's never easy to catch up.
It's a weekday so there'll be 200 or so posts.

Nothing, it just seems the topic of discussion lately. Especially Korra and Naruto.

Yo gotta study up on how to give her the D, man. You never know when you might have a pop quiz.

Is korra and ATLA anime? I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.

More like popping cherry quizes amirite?
I tried so hard for no reason.

Let us know how it goes when you start writing sex scenes on your tests/work

It's fineee.. Hard to do that when it's multiple choice.

I think it works, since hand to hand combat became such a rarity as the series went on, it's refreshing to get some decent stuff in it. Since they start as mountain size Charka monsters and slowly move down to their basics

We even get to see Naruto's barrage again.

So it's the bad powers thing

360pages

So it's the bad powers thing

Yeah, kind of, it's more the overuse of them in the previous fight and everything. Since there was no break between the last fight and the final one we already burnt out on all the giant as monster shit.

With that being said, I actually don't think the powers are too bad, just that they need to tone it down a little.

Bayonetta 2, continues to the fucking shit. I'm loving all the different costumes in this game.

We gotta do Tag Climax sometime.

More like popping cherry quizes amirite?
I tried so hard for no reason.

You got so far.

With that being said, I actually don't think the powers are too bad, just that they need to tone it down a little.

They really should have just stopped after that final Big Bad, or have not had that Big Bad in the first place.
That whole buildup of I'm the bad guy, no I'm the bad guy was stupid.

Village

In my opinion Garaa vs Naruto will always be the best fight in the whole series
cb58318d6f55.gif

th_kyuubi.jpg

naruto having the chief toad transform into the kyubii made my 13 year old dick turn rock hard! It was the hypest moment in Naruto!

Every part two fight shits, from a very VERY high hight, on part 1 fights. Its not even a comparison, part two has so many good fights, sakura even gets a good badass fight. Sakura, and she's the worst.

Cheat codes shouldn't be a preorder bonus though, that's just lazy.

I'm one of those guys who has a trainered up offline only Dark Souls file for catharsis and dicking around, so as lazy as it is, I want cheats to come back. If preorders is the only way then fine. Plus, it's an MGS reference.

Yeah, kind of, it's more the overuse of them in the previous fight and everything. Since there was no break between the last fight and the final one we already burnt out on all the giant as monster shit.

Badly handled. Powers themselves can never be lame, Jojo and Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow taught me that

360pages

Every part two fight shits, from a very VERY high hight, on part 1 fights. Its not even a comparison, part two has so many good fights, sakura even gets a good badass fight. Sakura, and she's the worst.

Eh, I don't think so. I think because Part 1 had some sort of restraint, as a result fights tended to be more creative and had more weight behind them. Part 2 fights also seem to escalate from scene to scene to the point where we get dumb shit like Sasuke surviving a Nuclear explosion to the face without any energy left just so the fight will have a big conclusion.

Squishy3

Yeah but then there's also the fight with Naruto against Kiba where he wins by farting on him.

Not really, part 1 fights were waaaay better and much more interesting then part 2 fights. I remember every single major fight in part one but can barely remember half of part 2s. Just cause they add more explosions and cool lazers doenst make them hype. Its all about the fight itswlf and what the characters are doing that make it cool.
The only reason I remember the members of the akatsuki is cause tumblr always pushes them.

360pages

We gotta do Tag Climax sometime.

You got so far.

They really should have just stopped after that final Big Bad, or have not had that Big Bad in the first place.
That whole buildup of I'm the bad guy, no I'm the bad guy was stupid.

I'm still wondering why
Kaguya
was a thing or even an idea, introducing a character only 30 chapters ago and
she was supposed to be the main villain?
was just idiotic.

I'm still wondering why
Kaguya
was just idiotic.
Probably cause kishimoto wanted a god level boss but had already written the SOTSP as a good guy.

I'm still wondering why
Kaguya
was just idiotic.

Because shady influences make for easy storytelling I guess.
Madara
should have been the final big bad, it would have been a perfect transition for the Sauske/Naurto clash.

kewlmyc

Don't agree whatsoever. When your fights become less about teamwork and more about "MUH SUPER JUTSU" then the fights become boring DBZ clones with different color attacks being thrown at each other rather than interesting strategy. Naruto part 1 had a lot of either teamwork fights or strategy fights where it was 1 v 1 but they had to use the somewhat basic tools already available to win and not pull some flashy attack out of their ass. It's why Jojo and Hunter X Hunter are so much fun. They rarely rely on new powerups and more about outsmarting the opponent.

Don't agree whatsoever. When your fights become less about teamwork and more about "MUH SUPER JUTSU" then the fights become boring DBZ clones with different color attacks being thrown at each other rather than interesting strategy. Naruto part 1 had a lot of either teamwork fights or strategy fights where it was 1 v 1 but they had to use the somewhat basic tools already available to win and not pull some flashy attack out of their ass. It's why Jojo and Hunter X Hunter are so much fun. They rarely rely on new powerups and more about outsmarting the opponent.
13708899334.jpg

Village

I'm still wondering why
Kaguya
was just idiotic.

" Yo kishi"

" what it do assistant"

" came up with this idea"

" holla at me "

" aiight , so its called naruto , the last"

" the what now?"

" so its gonna be this thing after naruto shippuden that takes place years later with them grown up and stuff"

" ok thats interesting so how do we lead into this?"

" we don't"

" what?!"

" you see we can just do a massive time skip and tell the story backwards though movies and video games and stuff, turn into a massive franchise addition to Naruto. You can just create , and we rake in the dough. "

"oh shit... where you get this idea"

* he points to Dragon ball Z and Saint Seiya*

" naruto is ending in november breh"

" I 'll tell the dudes at jump in the morning boss "

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, that's why. It was like four pages back. The video scheduling is so weird. Sometimes it's at 3 and 11 like Pat said a while back, sometimes it's not. Eh.

Also I was kinda looking for discussion about the video to hint that I was getting closer to the post, but only one person seems to have said anything about it.

360pages

That's what makes them so fun, having a character using what they know and applying it in a new way is always more interesting than a random power up that lets them win with little to no work.

360pages

Oh, that's why. It was like four pages back. The video scheduling is so weird. Sometimes it's at 3 and 11 like Pat said a while back, sometimes it's not. Eh.

Also I was kinda looking for discussion about the video to hint that I was getting closer to the post, but only one person seems to have said anything about it.

Well, the forest is kind of...hmm, a hard game to talk about. Since it's not finished yet, though what's there is actually really good.

With all that said, it seems a little too hard at times with not enough guidance to what you should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom