• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

A bit late to this since I've been spending the entire day researching monitors. This is the most infuriating shit ever. I wish From Soft would rather say "We can't reach 60fps on the next gen consoles as we prefer pushing visual fidelity rather than fluidity" rather than spouting similar stupid shit as Ubisoft.

Apparently it was some idiot from Sony

A bit late to this since I've been spending the entire day researching monitors. This is the most infuriating shit ever. I wish From Soft would rather say "We can't reach 60fps on the next gen consoles as we prefer pushing visual fidelity rather than fluidity" rather than spouting similar stupid shit as Ubisoft.

I doubt they would because saying bad things about the console that you are making your game for is a good way to put yourself in hot water

JoJo94

That we did. Back when everyone talked a little about their professions and current education.

Sure. For all the friender IT support that'll happen.

Yep that was it because I remember a few other people being art majors.

Edit because I can't type tonight.

Completed two Tag Climaxes, unlocked
Balder
, and raked in a shit ton of halos. This and replaying the prologue should make unlocking the rest of Bayo 2's content a breeze.

I'm about halfway through season 2 of Korra and I'm not seeing why it's so awful. I guess I haven't reached the awful part yet. Not that this season has been good. There's definitely a dip in quality.

I'm about halfway through season 2 of Korra and I'm not seeing why it's so awful. I guess I haven't reached the awful part yet. Not that this season has been good. There's definitely a dip in quality.

It's not awful, just.....not good. I'll say more once you're done with it.

Also I just watched the good end for Persona 1 since I got the bad SEBEC end and the good Snow Queen end. I'm disappointed I didn't get the good SEBEC end myself, it's such a stronger ending. Holy shit new Persona music does the "almost all songs are the same song" thing really well. I should check out what the original music was like

Because its not awful. Which is what I've been saying all along. Its mediocre sure, but a lot of people overblow its problems and make it sound like its the worst animated show they've ever seen.

He's wrong. The game is too poorly designed for classic hard as an optimal first playthrough and I say that as someone who finished Lunatic. Either classic normal or casual hard for an optimal first playthrough.

If you've never played a FE game, maybe. I'd say classic hard is on the harder side of Fire Emblem games, probably somewhere between (the first half) of 4 and 6's level of difficulty.

Alfebit

Banned

Yeah, I joke about it being awful but it definitely wasn't great.
Korra got on my nerves every time she bitched about her dad or had a stupid fight over nothing with Mako but it wasn't terrible.

Because its not awful. Which is what I've been saying all along. Its mediocre sure, but a lot of people overblow its problems and make it sound like its the worst animated show they've ever seen.

It's not awful, just.....not good. I'll say more once you're done with it.

Korra got on my nerves every time she bitched about her dad or had a stupid fight over nothing with Mako but it wasn't terrible.

Oh, I see. That's good I guess.

Also I just watched the good end for Persona 1 since I got the bad SEBEC end and the good Snow Queen end. I'm disappointed I didn't get the good SEBEC end myself, it's such a stronger ending. Holy shit new Persona music does the "almost all songs are the same song" thing really well. I should check out what the original music was like

The old soundtrack sounds a lot like your regular JRPG soundtrack. The new ones sounds more like Persona 3 and 4.

Zenfalcia

Occasionally odd level design and the fact that enemies that spawn are immediately able to move and attack, which is the worst.

The spawning reinforcements are pretty bad... Especially when you don't expect them and then they kill someone. Some levels aren't so fun to play, but FE isn't know for great levels. At least I don't think?

360pages

If you've never played a FE game, maybe. I'd say classic hard is on the harder side of Fire Emblem games, probably somewhere between (the first half) of 4 and 6's level of difficulty.

I think it suffers from making the characters a lot less likable, which makes it very hard to watch. It also suffers from the problem of having everyone being useless most of the time to the extreme, making them once again personal cheerleaders to Korra. Which wouldn't be too bad if Korra was nice or at least somewhat reasonable during that season.

Then again, I like the characters in Naruto more. So, I should probably be ignored.

I am going with the assumption of a fire emblem virgin. Classic hard as your very first fire emblem is not a fantastic idea, especially because of the "attack after spawning" design choice.

I'd say go classic normal for a first timer. Don't get used to the fact that you can let teammates die. Unless you plan on replaying the game on classic mode.

If you're just playing for the story (for the first time) casual/normal. Then work your way up

Alfebit

Banned
Speaking of Korra, I guess Spongebob isn't a fan.

tumblr_m3z2p6WDc01qa2c61o1_500.gif

The second half of that season is the hypest shit, season 3 improves on the entire show in every way, and season 4 is shaping up to be just as good if not better.

Oh man I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered with that.
The old soundtrack sounds a lot like your regular JRPG soundtrack. The new ones sounds more like Persona 3 and 4. Which makes sense since Meguro did new soundtrack.
I'm surprised how many they kept and how many are just remixes actually. Also yeah I figured they made them so they'd be in the style of the new ones. When I started it I thought it was strange that they always sounded that way but then I actually used my brain.

I think it suffers from making the characters a lot less likable, which makes it very hard to watch. It also suffers from the problem of having everyone being useless most of the time to the extreme, making them once again personal cheerleaders to Korra. Which wouldn't be too bad if Korra was nice or at least somewhat reasonable during that season.

Then again, I like the characters in Naruto more. So, I should probably be ignored.

Yeah, I guess Korra acting like a teenage girl is totally out of character and completely unreasonable. She should be just exactly like monk Aang.

I have my fair share of criticism towards the first half of book 2, but fuck the reasoning that people said the show was bad because Korra was being unlikable. Makes me think those people have never talked to a teenage girl before.

The second half of that season is the hypest shit, season 3 improves on the entire show in every way, and season 4 is shaping up to be just as good if not better.

As stupid as
suddenly astral projecting yourself as a blue giant
was, that fight was fucking sick. Wrestling moves and everything

Yeah, I guess Korra acting like a teenage girl is totally out of character and completely unreasonable. She should be just exactly like monk Aang.

I have my fair share of criticism towards the first half of book 2, but fuck the reasoning that people said the show was bad because Korra was being unlikable. Makes me think those people have never talked to a teenage girl before.

She had already done that in Book 1 though, and they made it seem like she learned to stop. Then they suddenly put her back to doing the same shit again. That's what annoys people, or me at least

Zenfalcia

None of the games have consistently excellent levels, but I do feel like this game drops in level design quality a bit too frequently.

It also made me sad that they dropped the cool unit animations and used 3D models for some pretty normal looking attacks, not even the critical look that special.

It's to be expected since they're trying to emphasize the 3D, but they could've made them more unique.

I'm surprised how many they kept and how many are just remixes actually. Also yeah I figured they made them so they'd be in the style of the new ones. When I started it I thought it was strange that they always sounded that way but then I actually used my brain.

Yep. It's pretty good. I listen to the OST all the time. Also, you caught my blunder. Meguro worked worked on both tracks. Not just the new ones.

As stupid as
suddenly astral projecting yourself as a blue giant
was, that fight was fucking sick. Wrestling moves and everything

I didn't think it was that stupid. It made sense in context as
an extension of Raava's power being piloted by Korra's will/spirit.
But yeah that fight tho

Normal is far, far, faaaaar too easy. One can choose casual hard and try to manually play it like classic mode, as in try to keep all allies alive during every battle.

Classic normal ruined my first playthrough because of its ridiculously low difficulty. The classic aspect of it becomes irrelevant when the game lacks the difficulty to actually pose a challenge.

I found Sacred Stones to be much easier than FE:A on normal. It could be because Awakening was my first FE game and Sacred Stones was my 4th, but the game is way easier. I do agree that FE:A on normal is too easy though, but I think if its your first SRPG, its a good starting point.

She had already done that in Book 1 though, and they made it seem like she learned to stop. Then they suddenly put her back to doing the same shit again. That's what annoys people, or me at least

I didn't get that at all, she didn't seem much more mature from S1 to S2, compared to S2 to S3. She was the same character by the end except for the fact that
she could bend all the elements

360pages

To be fair, it's one thing to act like a teenage girl. It's another thing to.
Say fuck you to your father figure and actual father. Freak out because your boyfriend won't help you do illegal stuff and be as unlikable and snappy as possible.

I will always say this, just because it's realistic doesn't mean they are likable or enjoyable on screen, and when the best episodes are ones without your main character in them it gets really bad.

It's like when people purposely make annoying characters not realizing purposely annoying is still annoying.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Guys

Guys.

I just had the first fight with the Lumen sage

Guys

Guys

Guys

That was the hypest thing I have ever experienced.

It was a true rival battle.

shun.jpg

Unless you are ONLY talking about Rock Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom