• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
NCR's Time in Persona #7
Decided to do the first dungeon as soon as I could and got bodied really hard.
Somethings up with yukikos shadow persona. Do I need to do something before or get an item to beat it?
The boss fight went like this: it oneshotted chie, i revived her, oneshotted her again, decided to attack it, get oneshotted and die. My first defeat. Decided to fuck that and just take it slow. Bought items and decided to study alot. Then I joined the
Soccer
team. After that I tried the dungeon and cleared it up until the last floor and then I back downed. Also bought a book of manliness(?).

Early thoughts on the game: its a cool rpg. The battles are fast smooth. Enemies are fairly difficult (the little king guy is really bullshit). Items and equipments are really simple and I like that. Dungeons are pretty straightforward, with some ludicrous backtracking. Pat's advice of "always rotate your saves" is a must here and it paid off. This game is definitely going on my top RPG list.

I still don't know what the benefits of combining personas though and s-links are still strange to me.

Very particular subject matter

That sounds about right. Those two manga's are the kinds sexual tension that goes nowhere. It has to go somewhere.

Which brings me to something else, the thing I don't get about harem mangas is this. Why can't they have implied two characters have had sex, why can't characters still desire the one who is the protagonist despite characters having sex. I mean it happens IRL, I don't why that can't happen. Like the odd insane amounts of sexual tension that builds in these things laughable. I'm not as naive as used to be and think that japan has no censorship laws or ratings system they do and its rather harsh. But i'm sure you could imply characters are having, can have, or will have sex. The sonic the hedgehog comic does this... regularly. I just don't see why so many harem mangas do this.
The whole reason behind it is because the whole conflict of a harem is "who will the protagonist end up with" if the protagonist had sex with one of then they would have to end up with them. The harems where the dude has sex with girls in the harem are hentai harems because sex isnt as important in those. While in a sfw harem story the harem is built around love not sex so who ever the protagonist ends up with is the one hes going to bone.
The same logic is behind "why doens tthe hero just attack the big bad while hes in the middle of his long monologue or while theyre charging up" cause thered be no problem to solve.

Zenfalcia

Which brings me to something else, the thing I don't get about harem mangas is this. Why can't they have implied two characters have had sex, why can't characters still desire the one who is the protagonist despite characters having sex. I mean it happens IRL, I don't why that can't happen. Like the odd insane amounts of sexual tension that builds in these things laughable. I'm not as naive as used to be and think that japan has no censorship laws or ratings system they do and its rather harsh. But i'm sure you could imply characters are having, can have, or will have sex. The sonic the hedgehog comic does this... regularly. I just don't see why so many harem mangas do this.

Because if you do, then you don't have all the girls almost getting the D. It just gives the impression every girl has a chance with the man and lets the reader fantasize their favourite girl winning. If you want as close to sex as you want.. There's to-love-ru darkness. If you want harem with sex there's aki sora (i have to double check the name because i'm sure i got it wrong.)

Edit: beaten.

NCR's Time in Persona #7
Somethings up with yukikos shadow persona. Do I need to do something before or get an item to beat it?
The boss fight went like this: it oneshotted chie, i revived her, oneshotted her again, decided to attack it, get oneshotted and die. My first defeat. Decided to fuck that and just take it slow. Bought items and decided to study alot. Then I joined the
Soccer
team. After that I tried the dungeon and cleared it up until the last floor and then I back downed. Also bought a book of manliness(?).

Early thoughts on the game: its a cool rpg. The battles are fast smooth. Enemies are fairly difficult (the little king guy is really bullshit). Items and equipments are really simple and I like that. Dungeons are pretty straightforward, with some ludicrous backtracking. Pat's advice of "always rotate your saves" is a must here and it paid off. This game is definitely going on my top RPG list.

I still don't know what the benefits of combining personas though and s-links are still strange to me.

Yukiko's shadow is basicly the git gud boss. I often
buff Chie and guard
in order for her to survive.

Social Links buff your fused Personas.

The air battle against the dragon. If you wanna do an epic hydra fight in the air, take a page out of W101's book.
Oh yeah woof, it was still better than the missile section in Bayo 1, and was much shorter. (Nothing is that bad.)
NCR's Time in Persona #7
Decided to do the first dungeon and got bodied really hard...
Vanilla P4 Shadow Yukiko is one of the hardest bosses in the game. Grind up to like level 12-13 minimum.

Fusing personae is to get you better personae. Various combinations give you new monster with higher levels, closer to your MC, and new elemental weaknesses/strengths. For example, if you could fuse a Persona that has resist or null fire, your boss you're stuck on would be way easier.

NCR's Time in Persona #7
Soccer

Fuse personas until you get one with the Red Wall skill and use that to give Chie fire resistance at the start of battle. Also, the benefit of fusing personas is that you can get skills from the personas you fuse onto the personas that are the results of said fusion.

Village

The whole reason behind it is because the whole conflict of a harem is "who will the protagonist end up with" if the protagonist had sex with one of then they would have to end up with them. The harems where the dude has sex with girls in the harem are hentai harems because sex isnt as important in those. While in a sfw harem story the harem is built around love not sex so who ever the protagonist ends up with is the one hes going to bone.

Thats now how actual relationships works alot of the time. I would also argue the complications of having sex with multiple people who would like monogamous relationships, would make for interesting story.

Oh yeah woof, it was still better than the missile section in Bayo 1, and was much shorter. (Nothing is that bad.)

Vanilla P4 Shadow Yukiko is one of the hardest bosses in the game. Grind up to like level 12-13 minimum.

Fusing personae is to get you better personae. Various combinations give you new monster with higher levels, closer to your MC, and new elemental weaknesses/strengths. For example, if you could fuse a Persona that has resist or null fire, your boss you're stuck on would be way easier.

Fuck, you're right. I actually blocked that from my memory lol.

ultimax

NCR's Time in Persona #7
Soccer

combining personas = creating stronger ones with different moves. if you get one shotted you are probably under leveled so just grind. the social links are for experience boosts when you make a new persona, and if you raise your friend's s links theyll do some psycho shit like die for you in battle, so its worth it. Yukiko's castle is probably the hardest part of the game. after that it becomes piss easy

Thats now how actual relationships works alot of the time. I would also argue the complications of having sex with multiple people who would like monogamous relationships, would make for interesting story.
Well youre watching an anime.10 girls wouldnt like Kirito, or any other loser otaku harem protagonist. Its...mmm whats the word...basically you let a story get away with being a story.
Also monogamous relationships arent pure. Harem animes are like the tournament arc of shonen anime. There can only be one true winner.

Suspension of disbelief
That said, I can see a comedy story waiting to be written where the protagonist is trying to fuck every girl in the harem, or trying to hide that he is.

Zenfalcia

There are stories like that out there. They are pretty interesting for research.

That said, I can see a comedy story waiting to be written where the protagonist is trying to fuck every girl in the harem, or trying to hide that he is.

There is one I know of, but there's no sex and it's more like dating multiple girls. Slight spoilers but it happens in the first chapter. If i look back at what i've read I might be able to find one with sex.

There are stories like that out there. They are pretty interesting for research.
normal_vlcsnap-11513125.png

Me and my friend were talking once and we were joking around with the idea of a harem anime where all the girls are yandere.

combining personas = creating stronger ones with different moves. if you get one shotted you are probably under leveled so just grind. the social links are for experience boosts when you make a new persona, and if you raise your friend's s links theyll do some psycho shit like die for you in battle, so its worth it. Yukiko's castle is probably the hardest part of the game. after that it becomes piss easy

Is he doing Vanilla P4? Because the next stumbling block after that, while being easier than Yukiko, is
Kanji as the minions don't have weaknesses

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Fuse personas until you get one with the Red Wall skill and use that to give Chie fire resistance at the start of battle. Also, the benefit of fusing personas is that you can get skills from the personas you fuse onto the personas that are the results of said fusion.

Yukiko's shadow is basicly the git gud boss. I often
buff Chie and guard
in order for her to survive.

Social Links buff your fused Personas.
So what you guys are saying is:

1. This boss is ridiculously hard.
2. Grind to lvl. 13.
3. Fuse Personas to get fire resistance on Chie.
4. Git Gud.

This reminds me of my days of playing Final Fantasy Tactics(except I didnt rotate my saves then).

Is he doing Vanilla P4? Because the next stumbling block after that, while being easier than Yukiko, is
Kanji as the minions don't have weaknesses
Well shit. I hope theres time powers in this game.

360pages

Damn it you guys.

Three more days until writing month.

Huh, I guess I should most my revised idea one more time.

Steven Chacon is our main character. Blue eyes and black hair, he is a half-monster that lives with is family in the mansion looking down at the town. After his parents left for business strange events start to happen around town. At summers end, and before his last year of high school he witness a battle and a woman crashing into the earth from a building. He decides that he could leave someone there hurt and broken so he carries her home...not before being chased by the hunter that caused the damage in the first place.

He is stronger than normal humans and he as the ability to change energy into electricity.

Fancy Chacon is his younger sister, she stays at the mansion is the very definition of proper. She goes to a private school and as a result has a different schedule, like her brother she is stronger than normal humans and as the ability to change energy into flames and explosions.

Victoria Bathory. Is a 100% pure monster, and a decedent of the Bathory family, a family of blood drinking dragons. She is near physical perfection, easily stronger than even half demons and other thing. She is easily the strongest creature in the area, even said to be capable of surviving decapitation and Bisection. Unfortunately after a run in with a Demon hunter and some bad luck, she ends up on the losing side of things. She went to the town trying to find the Vampire that framed her younger sister.

So what you guys are saying is:

1. This boss is ridiculously hard.
2. Grind to lvl. 13.
3. Fuse Personas to get fire resistance on Chie.
4. Git Gud.

This reminds me of my days of playing Final Fantasy Tactics(except I didnt rotate my saves then).

Slime has Red Wall. Just get slime. You will wanna be fusing your personas like crazy, though, and I assume you're playing vanilla? If so then social links basically only exist to make persona fusion better

I was thinking of doing something for that.
I was thinking of writing a kind of romantic comedy story about a world where super heroes exist but no one wants to be one cause the only way to become a super hero is to be made one by the government and you become government property and the only people who take this gig are unemployed people who are despretly in need of a job
the protagonist is a 28 year old every man who just got out of college and got his masters but after not being able to find a job and his parents kicked him out the only option he has is to become a super hero.

Zenfalcia

I was thinking of writing a kind of romantic comedy story about a world where super heroes exist but no one wants to be one cause the only way to become a super hero is to be made one by the government and you become government property and the only people who take this gig are unemployed people who are despretly in need of a job
the protagonist is a 28 year old every man who just got out of college and got his masters but after not being able to find a job and his parents kicked him out the only option he has is to become a super hero.

I don't know if it's the same.. but there's one punch man and ratman. Both wanted to become super heroes in a world of super heroes. All super heroes are under some sort of organization. If i say any more i'll be spoiling stuff.

No romance in one punch man, and some in ratman. Both have some comedy.

CHAPTER 4 OF BAYO 2.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMYYYYYYYGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD

I don't know if it's the same.. but there's one punch man and ratman. Both wanted to become super heroes in a world of super heroes. All super heroes are under some sort of organization. If i say any more i'll be spoiling stuff.

No romance in one punch man, and some in ratman. Both have some comedy.
Well the story I had in mind was more of an allegory for the state of american employment where you go to school for eight years and afterwards its hard to get a job especially for someone with a creative degree like for art.

I thought about a super hero story, with one of the most assholish protagonists ever. As in, his morality is ridiculous black and white, and he has no interest in saving anyone. Just killing evil people.

Comedy.

didnt i tell you?

crispin freeman tho

IT WAS SO GOOD. SO GOOD.

Also, didn't realize how useful Bat Within technique is. I went from getting Silvers/Golds on 3rd Climax to getting Platinums/Pure Platinums. Or maybe I'm finally decent at character action now? ;_;

Zenfalcia

Well the story I had in mind was more of an allegory for the state of american employment where you go to school for eight years and afterwards its hard to get a job especially for someone with a creative degree like for art.

Ic. Well, you might want to check out those series I mentioned just to see if they are similar to your idea. They are also good series to read too.

I thought about a super hero story, with one of the most assholish protagonists ever. As in, his morality is ridiculous black and white, and he has no interest in saving anyone. Just killing evil people.

Comedy.

There's several arcs like that in a manga called Franken Fran. Guy becomes super hero and kinda goes nutz and doesn't save people and only kills the bad guys.

Edit: I feel like i'm ruining everyone's fun by telling them "oh, it's been done. Here's the series." Oh well. At least my knowledge of manga is being put into use.. for once.

There's several arcs like that in a manga called Franken Fran. Guy becomes super hero and kinda goes nutz and doesn't save people and only kills the bad guys.

Edit: I feel like i'm ruining everyone's fun by telling them "oh, it's been done. Here's the series." Oh well. At least my knowledge of manga is being put into use.. for once.

GOD DAMN IT!

/jk IDGAF, everything has already been done before. Who cares if it's been done before.

CHAPTER 4 OF BAYO 2.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMYYYYYYYGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD
IT WAS SO GOOD. SO GOOD.
Also, didn't realize how useful Bat Within technique is. I went from getting Silvers/Golds on 3rd Climax to getting Platinums/Pure Platinums. Or maybe I'm finally decent at character action now? ;_;
Bat Within is hella useful, but if you're getting Plats and PPlats on 3rd you're doing pretty well. Difficulty on getting Plat medals is pretty uneven throughout the game, but on 3rd climax you're doing pretty damn well.

360pages

Ic. Well, you might want to check out those series I mentioned just to see if they are similar to your idea. They are also good series to read too.

Don't worry, I know my idea is a huge combination of a bunch of shit I saw/read. Plus the lowered cast gives the story slightly more focus.

ultimax

IT WAS SO GOOD. SO GOOD.

it gets even better.

and i spent all my halos on costumes so i wouldnt know. i got my priorities straight.
result.jpg

worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom