• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutti

The X plane shows the direction in which pies are sucked.

The Y plane shows the direction in which the color yellow travels.

The Z plane shows the direction in which the shame car drives.

But only to a certain point. As we go deeper and the salt level approaches infinity, all reason and logic ceases to apply.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Everything went better than expected. Training was shortened by many hours, so now I can actually have fun today. Yip.

It's okay. Nothing out of the world.

*looks at laptop that can barely run Half Life 2 on medium quality without dropping the framerate*

It's pretty freakin' good.

Joe Pesci and Ray Liotta's scene is from Goodfellas. Also, how is Godfather over the top? It's an underplayed movie, if anything.

Heavy lighting showing demonic and contorted faces.

Marlon Brando's lack of acting(if you wanna call his Don Corleone "acting")

A FREAKING HORSE HEAD IN A BED!

Francis Ford Coppola was a master at drama, but a lot of that movie is theatrics and movie magic.

AggroWill

Neo Member
The podcast is in the shame car, which is stuck in the Woolie hole after it fell in after Woolie killed that guy.

Wait, what are we talking about? Also, Breaking Bad.

I loved the finale for its thematic winding down, and it made the last season work. The rednecks weren't the main bad guys. Walt was the main bad guy, and he built himself up to that point over those five years. After his exile and returning, he tries to make good by going backwards through his progression. He's monstrous when poisoning Lydia, reflecting his behavior for the last two seasons. He's devious and menacing when threatening Gretchen and Elliot, intimidating them but not actually planning to hurt them despite his implications, reflecting his evolution in the middle of the show, when he wanted to be the "man who knocks" but didn't quite cross all of the moral lines he crossed. Finally, he takes care of the rednecks purely with his scientific knowledge, going back to the beginning when he first deals with Tuco by throwing fulminated mercury. In each step, he's pulling back from the monster he became in his techniques to find the part of himself he lost in his journey. And the best part is it happened without him satisfyingly "redeeming" himself, because he couldn't at that point. The only satisfaction he had was that, as he was dying, he did what he could to make what little amends he could and find that part of himself, even though he clearly and absolutely knew at that point he was irredeemable. There was no going back, but he took the steps available to him to at least fall in that direction.

tiKMZ4U.jpg

Hue.

Oberon

Banned
You can watch some TBF videos you might have missed.

Usually some comedy animes always make me smile regardless how bad of a day I'm having.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drfqjiigGIs
Just Die! Right now!

Wow, no wonder this I don't remember watching this, This is the movie!
Should I watch the movie?

Oh TTGL alsways helps me when I have a bad day.
It gives me strengh to not give up!
Because one day, I will pierce through the heavens!

gVnK7ot.png

Squishy3

Just Die! Right now!

Wow, no wonder this I don't remember watching this, This is the movie!
Should I watch the movie?

Oh TTGL alsways helps me when I have a bad day.
It gives me strengh to not give up!
Because one day, I will pierce through the heavens!

gVnK7ot.png
Watching both of the movies is highly recommended. The first movie, while a retread and not changing very much, changes the end fight of the first half of the series. You can probably fast forward some bits of the first movie if you feel like it's just retreading. The 2nd movie is a must watch because the entire ending sequence is completely different and even better.

the irony
Wait... Your avatar is fucking Mitsuru Gear? What the fuck, that's awesome!
It's alright. I'm a bit surprised he doesn't have more RAM, because he uses it to record.

I should have gotten a Asus, but all the high res options were outside of my price range for a laptop.
Most games until now only used 8GB max anyway. Hey, what happened to that disposable income you brag about :p

Most games until now only used 8GB max anyway. Hey, what happened to that disposable income you brag about :p

Yeah, but for a laptop . Fuck that noise.

I only use my laptop for typing and web surfing when I'm away from the desktop. I'm cool with it not being able to run games.

I should have got a 1tb hard drive tho. That is my true ragret.
Wait, if we're going down there, who's our token expendable black guy?
a55.png

I should have got a 1tb hard drive tho. That is my true ragret.]
Could always grab an external drive for like $50 or so. Cumbersome, but great for just that problem on laptops.
FUCK. I forgot I had signed up for amazon prime and lost 99 dollars. Thankfully they're going to refund it but wow that hurt.
That's really nice of them on their end. They do a good job of building positive goodwill towards their company.

ultimax

Wait... Your avatar is fucking Mitsuru Gear? What the fuck, that's awesome!
Thanks! lol. i just wish Mitsuru Gear was an actual thing </3
FUCK. I forgot I had signed up for amazon prime and lost 99 dollars. Thankfully they're going to refund it but wow that hurt.

yeah that happened to me before lol. but then i realized amazon prime is the best thing ever a kept it. if you have a school email you only have to play like 50 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom