• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Seems a bit early for the podcast by my reckoning (late Tuesdey/early Wedneday for my timezone). It's almost evening here so I expect another 4-8 hours.

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT.GIF

NOBODY STOPS THIS TRAIN.GIF

It got me on such a specific level, Walt and Jesse's relationship got me, but more specifically it got me in the same way that Gurren Lagann got me. The fucking journey. Starting at 1 and going to 10,000 over time. Goddammit, shit is so good and each season is better than the last.

I'm gonna cry into some food while watching Shitstorm now. I'm dripping tears right now and I don't know why, fucking Walt.

How about that ending song man. Breaking Bad is the show of forever. I knew that show would be special from the very first episode.

It's always musical that get me, fucking fantastic. When I saw the first episode I knew it was going to go places, I knew it was going to have some shit, but I didn't fully comprehend just how far they'd go.

Breaking Bad is easily the best drama I have seen. My only gripe with it was the season 5 antagonists
There was just now way for whatshisface and his redneck uncle to compare to Gus for me and I didn't care one lick for the girl they were getting the chemicals from. What did you guys think if Jessies ending? I know the vagueness upset a few people but I really liked it. He was always second player to Walt and after Walt dies it was enough for me to know Jessie gets away

Breaking Bad is easily the best drama I have seen. My only gripe with it was the season 5 antagonists
There was just now way for whatshisface and his redneck uncle to compare to Gus for me and I didn't care one lick for the girl they were getting the chemicals from. What did you guys think if Jessies ending? I know the vagueness upset a few people but I really liked it. He was always second player to Walt and after Walt dies it was enough for me to know Jessie gets away

My only problem with Gus as a villain is that I actually thought him and his gang were way more likable than Walt, so cheering for the bad guy to win made it hard to see him as a great villain, and while the rednecks weren't particularly great villains, they put Jesse into fucking slavery for months, so I had way more interest in seeing their asses get killed. I also didn't mind them being less interesting, since I was more there for Walt's personal end than I was any enemy, and they were just there to show the power vacuum effect, that anyone can build this shit if nobody else is around, showing further that no matter what Walt would have done, he would never have fully gotten out.

I hope there's no Bayonetta 2 spoilers in the friendcast today.
2 months ;-;

Also fucking Night Slashers X. I still have no idea what it is but it looks rad as shit.

BY2K

Membero Americo

I like Jessie's ending because it's a perfect transition to the Need for Speed movie.

kewlmyc

I just finished Breaking Bad. I'm pretty emotionally wrecked right now, what a series. What a fucking series.

Good job. If you anything like me then the rest of TV won't be able to compare now (Breaking Bad ruined the Walking Dead for me because now I'm way more critical on the writing of TV shows). Maybe I should watch The Wire now.

My only problem with Gus as a villain is that I actually thought him and his gang were way more likable than Walt, so cheering for the bad guy to win made it hard to see him as a great villain, and while the rednecks weren't particularly great villains, they put Jesse into fucking slavery for months, so I had way more interest in seeing their asses get killed. I also didn't mind them being less interesting, since I was more there for Walt's personal end than I was any enemy, and they were just there to show the power vacuum effect, that anyone can build this shit if nobody else is around, showing further that no matter what Walt would have done, he would never have fully gotten out.
I agree with you on your points but like you said they are less interesting and don't have much actually going on. Gus had 3 seasons of time to develop but the rednecks were just money hungry dicks. What they did to Jesse seemed like an example of not being able to have a satisfactory villain in that amount of time so lets just make them do the worst thing possible to get the people to hate them. It was also kinda disappointing that Walt got taken out by Rednecks after all the shit he had went through with the cartels and Gus. Walt is why I was there and I loved how it ended I just wish there was more to the antagonists even when Walt was the real villain to himself and the story at that point.
Anyway I'm off for work
I like Jessie's ending because it's a perfect transition to the Need for Speed movie.
Perfect

tumblr_ndzw6qxxTN1rovtw9o1_500.png

Archgan

It is always a bit of a pain when the podcast is delayed. If it's not out by 7:00, I have to wait until 4:00 to download it and won't have time to listen to it until tomorrow.

kewlmyc

It is always a bit of a pain when the podcast is delayed. If it's not out by 7:00, I have to wait until 4:00 to download it and won't have time to listen to it until tomorrow.

I noticed it tends to be delayed whenever Skype is involved, so it's understandable since they're dealing with two different audio sources.

croten

He told me not to tweet him again one time but he did not block me. I don't even remember what I said, I think I just jumped in on a conversation that included him. That really seems to bother him but twitter automaticly does it.

You should thank him for making DMC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom