• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ebola-chan is causing some states to cancel trick or treating this year.

Well at least in my state it's canceled lol

Two things. First thing, Ebola-chan is limited to like 10 guys in terms of its AOE, and second, why do people end their sentences with lol when they're clearly not laughing? The devaluing of lol is of great concern to me because it's one of the few ways to express laughter via text.

I understand that this is not a new problem, but it's one I've just started to run into for some reason.
Please note, Abu, that I find your input to be otherwise quite pleasant and relevant, and do not wish to judge your value as a commenter.

croten

Two things. First thing, Ebola-chan is limited to like 10 guys in terms of its AOE, and second, why do people end their sentences with lol when they're clearly not laughing? The devaluing of lol is of great concern to me because it's one of the few ways to express laughter via text.

I understand that this is not a new problem, but it's one I've just started to run into for some reason.
Please note, Abu, that I find your input to be otherwise quite pleasant and relevant, and do not wish to judge your value as a commenter.

It signifies that he's joking. Like "I'm not buying sweets ha ha."

It signifies that he's joking. Like "I'm not buying sweets ha ha."

Goddamn it that makes sense. I'm still not happy about it.
M8ohMWo.gif

I can't wait for the next Deus Ex game. I loved the UNATCO theme music that was in Human Revolution.
Human Revolution as a whole was fantastic. It was dumbed down a little from the first one, but it was still amazing. The first one is borderline unplayable for me these days, unfortunately, largely because of the whole gun skills thing. Why didn't they teach my supersoldier player character to handle a rifle? I hope somebody at UNATCO got fired for that one.

Oberon

Banned
I recently noticed that I do hand gestures like an Anime character while I talk...
And when I shrug, I shrug like Agent Francis York Morgan...
I am so close to do Jojo poses!

Goddamn it that makes sense. I'm still not happy about it.
M8ohMWo.gif

I you could eat gifs, then this one would give me diabetes <3

I recently noticed that I do hand gestures like an Anime character while I talk...
And when I shrug, I shrug like Agent Francis York Morgan...
I am so close to do Jojo poses!

Just hope you never get to the point where you hold your arms behind you in a straight line while you run/yell at someone

Village

I have an update for all those who can help

It seems as though my computer keeps centering my aspect ration , even though I did not set this

Any idea how to undo this?

I have an update for all those who can help

It seems as though my computer keeps centering my aspect ration , even though I did not set this

Any idea how to undo this?
I read some of your updates earlier, it's setting a game that's playing on a non-full resolution on a 1600x900 monitor right? You seem to be talking about a laptop, do you have the AMD control panel thingy I forget the name of? That often has a setting for that.

Village

I read some of your updates earlier, it's setting a game that's playing on a non-full resolution on a 1600x900 monitor right? You seem to be talking about a laptop, do you have the AMD control panel thingy I forget the name of? That often has a setting for that.

it was kinda of that!

FIXED!!

Let me tell you what happened, I had to set my laptop to a sub optima resolution, then go into the control panels then set full screen because apperently it being on full screen oon 1600x900 doesn't traslate to everything else.

OK, now could anyone help me get a ps3 controller working on a PC

Persona 3 is surprisingly very addictive, i don't think i've played a recent game that's sucked me in as hard as this.
Should i focus on maxing one S.Link or increase them all evenly?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
it was kinda of that!

FIXED!!

Let me tell you what happened, I had to set my laptop to a sub optima resolution, then go into the control panels then set full screen because apperently it being on full screen oon 1600x900 doesn't traslate to everything else.

OK, now could anyone help me get a ps3 controller working on a PC
Just connect you ps3 controller to the pc with a USB cable and download the Better DS3 program.
There should be an option for the controller to emulate a 360 controller if you're playing steam games.

Persona 3 is surprisingly very addictive, i don't think i've played a recent game that's sucked me in as hard as this.
Should i focus on maxing one S.Link or increase them all evenly?

P3 has that effect on people. You should increase them all evenly so that you get more exp bonuses when fusing personas. 2 high priority S Links are Strength and Emperor since maxing them out grants you two amazing Personas.

Village

Step 1) Go to amazon.

Step 2) Buy a wired 360 controller

Step 3) No need for a PS3 controller

Seriously though I don't know, I could never get mine working

My 360's are wireless and I don't feel like shelling out money for that controller when I have a fine one here with a wire.

croten

My 360's are wireless and I don't feel like shelling out money for that controller when I have a fine one here with a wire.

I always prefer a Wired one to a wireless one. Changing batteries is a bitch and my plug n play cable is broken, either way I've gotten more use out of my 360 controller for PC than xbox.

You can use wireless 360 controllers on PC with these:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HZFCT2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
BE WARNED IT'S LIKELY NOT A GENUINE MICROSOFT ONE. I have a genuine one that I bought years and years ago. Finding one today would make you insanely lucky.
Edit: Here's another listing, for those interested: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0076HD2W8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Neol

If your planning to get a xbox contoller you might as well wait for the wired xbox one controller that should be coming out soon.

Archgan

Okay, I finally found time to write this thing about the antagonist's stand from Part 5 of Jojo.

He has the ability to make it like erase 10 seconds of time for people in a short area. The people and things this affects continue doing what they would've done, but at the end of the 10 seconds, that stuff is erased and the only thing that changes from their perspective is that they are now wherever they would have been in 10 seconds. An example of this is if someone was reading a book when this happened, they might suddenly be on the next page without having actually read the previous page. Anything that would have happened to them in that time period doesn't happen. Also, the antagonist can move through this "time" and see what people are going to do, and prepare for it. A good example is if someone fired a gun at both the antagonist and someone else just before the power is activated. The antagonist would be able to see the sequence of events about to happen and move into a favorable position. The other guy would have been shot in the 10 seconds and would have fallen to the ground. When the 10 seconds are up, the guy who fired the gun will everything "jump" to where they would be in 10 seconds and the guy who was shot would suddenly be on the ground but without the bullet wound.

Okay, I finally found time to write this thing about the antagonist's stand from Part 5 of Jojo.

He has the ability to make it like erase 10 seconds of time for people in a short area. The people and things this affects continue doing what they would've done, but at the end of the 10 seconds, that stuff is erased and the only thing that changes from their perspective is that they are now wherever they would have been in 10 seconds. An example of this is if someone was reading a book when this happened, they might suddenly be on the next page without having actually read the previous page. Anything that would have happened to them in that time period doesn't happen. Also, the antagonist can move through this "time" and see what people are going to do, and prepare for it. A good example is if someone fired a gun at both the antagonist and someone else just before the power is activated. The antagonist would be able to see the sequence of events about to happen and move into a favorable position. The other guy would have been shot in the 10 seconds and would have fallen to the ground. When the 10 seconds are up, the guy who fired the gun will everything "jump" to where they would be in 10 seconds and the guy who was shot would suddenly be on the ground but without the bullet wound.

So it's the cheatingest combination of timestop and spider-sense ever.

croten

But actions that happened during the 10 seconds shouldn't have happened either meaning everything should be set to the moment before time was erased. Why would the bullet wound disappear but not the movement of bullet.

Nope it was a hoax.

OFC it is. That ban is unconstitutional, unenforceable, and had the words "Trust me, the holiday when strangers hand you candy for free is near and dear to my heart&#8221; in it.

But actions that happened during the 10 seconds shouldn't have happened either meaning everything should be set to the moment before time was erased. Why would the bullet wound disappear but not the movement of bullet.

Did you just try to logic at a stand? I'm pretty sure they feed off of that to grow stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom