• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr labson

Neo Member
They have both more than 300 hours on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!
They have a great taste in games, and they like LoK so I will buy them the game some time.

Oh yeah, I have a question to all mecha fans here.
Can you recommend me some good mecha anime? After that FNF, I realisted that I only know about Eva and TTGL. So I want to enlarge my horizone on the waste world of Mecha anime1

There's Aldnoah Zero. It's one of the new animes of this season another really awesome Urobuchi anime.
Also Bokurano. Kinda like Evangelion from what I've heard.

Oh yeah, I have a question to all mecha fans here.
Can you recommend me some good mecha anime? After that FNF, I realisted that I only know about Eva and TTGL. So I want to enlarge my horizone on the waste world of Mecha anime1
Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z-Hen. This needs to be a high priority for you.

Thanks!
I think I will start with the Gundam series.

Vandread has a great premisce and is pretty solid. Linebarrels of Iron is another with a cool concept. Valvrave the Liberator is cool. Code Geass is pretty much required mecha viewing at this point. Big-O. The Demonbane manga but particularly the VN. The Gundam main universe stuff is good and so sre a lot of the other ones.

Those are the ones off the top if my head, I actually suggest starting with Code Geass, since it will give you the general feel of a Gundam show but isn't a decision as to where to start, it also has great waifus and awesome shit all around, even if it's not perfect, it's still a really fun ride. And Lelouche is like Light from Death Note but not an un likable prick.

Vandread has a great premisce and is pretty solid. Linebarrels of Iron is another with a cool concept. Valvrave the Liberator is cool. Code Geass is pretty much required mecha viewing at this point. Big-O. The Demonbane manga but particularly the VN. The Gundam main universe stuff is good and so sre a lot of the other ones.

Those are the ones off the top if my head, I actually suggest starting with Code Geass, since it will give you the general feel of a Gundam show but isn't a decision as to where to start, it also has great waifus and awesome shit all around, even if it's not perfect, it's still a really fun ride. And Lelouche is like Light from Death Note but not an un likable prick.

Aldnoah Zero has the feel of a Gundam series, and since only part 1 is available, is also a good sample of how a Gundam series works.

Thanks!
I think I will start with the Gundam series.

If you do go with gundam. The Universal Century for Gundam is fucking amazing. 00 though (not in the UC) is probably the best place for gundam newbies to start because the animation is easier on the eyes and it gives you a good indication of what you're getting into. Plus its just a great show in general.

When you do watch the original gundam, make sure you watch the trilogy movie because it cuts the filler from the series and replaces the audio.

Personally, I recommend starting with Full Metal Panic. Easily the best show for mecha newbies to get into since its just a big mix of other genres as well (SoL, comedy, action, a little romance, drama) and it has great voice acting on both sides. Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid (Season 3) is also the greatest anime ever made by Kyoto Animation and just an amazing show.

And Code Geass is incredible as well, though its less of a mecha, and more of a thriller (though it does contain mechas, its not really the focus much of the time, especially in S2).

croten

Oh come now, guys. Just go to google and search "xinput wrapper DS3", then go to the pcsx2 forum it shows at the top and follow the incredibly easy instructions. My controllers now work flawlessly.

Also DS4 > Xbone controller.

I never cared enough, I really hate the DS3 controller.

ultimax

What was up with the audio quality for everyone but Pat in yesterday's podcast? It's almost like he was recording the show and everyone else was speaking through a telephone.
Someone fucked up. It sucks because I always listen to the podcast when driving, and through my car speakers I can only hear pat. I couldn't hear the others at all

360pages

What was up with the audio quality for everyone but Pat in yesterday's podcast? It's almost like he was recording the show and everyone else was speaking through a telephone.

Also, can Google Chrome users confirm that this is playing in 60 FPS? I'm not exactly seeing it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPm3SSj6W8

It's weird, it cuts out sometime and Woolie is really really low sometimes. Speaking of that I need to finish the second half of it.

Huh I guess I got tiny hands then cause it fits fine in my hand...

tumblr_nc5wa1Nqal1t0d46so1_400.png

you got baby hands

Squishy3

Also, can Google Chrome users confirm that this is playing in 60 FPS? I'm not exactly seeing it here:

Pretty sure it is but something does look off with the video. That feature went into private beta awhile ago and I remember watching a BF4 60FPS vid that didn't look off like that.

croten

Whats wrong with the DS3, I like it.

They're tiny and feel like they could snap in half if I squeezed hard enough. The position of the analog sticks aren't great, they're too close together for me and the triggers can burn in endless depths of hell. The D-Pad and the face buttons are fine though.

Oh man dat MK8 music sounds so great at 60FPS. but for real though it seems like it takes a while for 60 to kick in. Also it seems to be only at 720 and higher

Maybe it's because I had been using a 360 controller for about 3-4 years before I touched a PS3 controller but stepping down from an almost perfect controller to the DS3 was a nightmare

I still hate the DS3. Unfortunately the only console I still have is a PS3, since that one is the only one with the games I care about, but anytime I have a to play a generic game it's significantly hindered by how much I hate the DS3.

Maybe it's because I had been using a 360 controller for about 3-4 years before I touched a PS3 controller but stepping down from an almost perfect controller to the DS3 was a nightmare
I think ive touched a 360 pad....twice? When I played mass effect and when I played scott pilgrim.
The gamecube controllers the best ever anyway.

I still hate the DS3. Unfortunately the only console I still have is a PS3, since that one is the only one with the games I care about, but anytime I have a to play a generic game it's significantly hindered by how much I hate the DS3.
You can use the DS4 on a PS3, it's just that the PS button doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom