• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Rosalina nerf is bumming me out. She wasn't even OP.

I really wish fighting game developers would nerf things that are good, but instead focus on buffing the bad.

This Rosalina nerf is bumming me out. She wasn't even OP.

I really wish fighting game developers would nerf things that are good, but instead focus on buffing the bad.
I love Ultimax for that. It balances up from Arena. Everyone got new stuff.
Let me know if you prefer using long or short swords.
giphy.gif

360pages

To be fair a good Rosalina player is very hard to beat, and some characters just out right fail against her.

Though It more goes back to, even as a ranged character she wasn't fun to fight.

Little Mac got some bad nerfs too.

JAB 2 : Damage reduced by ~1%
JAB 3 : Damage reduced by ~1%
JAB COMBO : Overall damage significantly reduced
AERIAL SIDE B : Distance has been reduced by 10% and slower speed​

Xiraiya

891.gif

Lost 17k souls because of one fucking archer!!!!

I'm going to break a controller over here!!!!

Fucking bullshit!

I savescum so it's not really a big deal if I somehow lose big, though it wasn't very often that I died anyway in DS1, I generally played way better knowing that it wasn't going to be too much of an issue if I died.
You can't save face data in either Dark Souls game, so to keep my character's look while also being able to start Fresh to satisfy my OCD moments of needing to start over, I made a folder labled by Bonfire in locations the first time I reached them.

Otherwise I probably would have stopped playing eventually from how much stuff I'd have to redo if I didn't like a direction I took my character, I'd never finsh the game.
It's really not the way Dark Souls was intended, but it makes the game more enjoyable for me since I save a lot in most games.

Emouse

If I'm not optimistic I will die!

It's fiiine, we'll bury you with your animays

Little Mac's side B getting nerfed is a weird combo. Now he really can't recover, but it's possible he also won't launch himself off the side as easily.

Yeah that seems like a poor decision? after playing as Mac I noticed using side B to recover rather than up B seemed way easier, sure it might make not flying off as easy but it's really not that hard to gauge the distance, or you know, not do it towards the edge of the stage

Yeah that seems like a poor decision? after playing as Mac I noticed using side B to recover rather than up B seemed way easier, sure it might make not flying off as easy but it's really not that hard to gauge the distance, or you know, not do it towards the edge of the stage

I suspect the point is to punish Mac for getting in the air at all, since people have been calling OP on him since day one.

The rosalina nerf is bumming you out? I main Sheik! She had like 2 mediocre killing moves and those got fucking nerfed! Can't have moves that can actually kill, I guess.

Greninja got nerfed pretty hard too for whatever reason.
Wait they nerfed Sheik? For what reason? She wasn't even that great, outside of great recovery and ground speed.

Sakurai, pls stop with the bad balance patches.

This is probably Bamco, Sakurai is probably trying to stop killing himself working on the game. Talkin about Smash patches is really fucking foreign to me, Melee and Brawl were just tuned the way they were.
This is super strange, then, because Bam doesn't usually do patches like this.

360pages

Sheik got hit pretty hard actually, which is odd considering I never found her that good.

FAIR DAMAGE : 6.8% ⇒ 5.5%
SOURSPOT FAIR DAMAGE : 6% ⇒ 4.8%
UAIR NUMBER OF HITS : 5 ⇒ 4
UAIR DAMAGE : 8% ⇒ 7%​
- Bouncing Fish knockback decreased, killing Mario at 131% from 111%
- Uair knockback decreased, killing ~26% later 6.8%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom