• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never liked the idea of "The talk" because what your parents tell you is natural or whatever isn't neccessarily the right way or the only way.

360pages

I didn't even play mother 3, but Lucas is Subspace kind of made me like him. He was scared and surrounded by obviously more competent people. (Ness, Pokemon Trainer) But when it all came down to it, he did his best and saved and tried to save a lot of them.

Despite the crap we give subspace, I do think they did their best with a story where no one can talk and with little to no exposition.

The lack of sex ed in US is appalling, especially in the southern US.

Frankly as a female, YOU NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS because creepy idiots start hitting on you as early as 12/13 and if you don't know anything you can't even tell the difference between who is being nice/okay and who is trying to take advantage.

/rant

Really? I figured that was a big city vs small town thing.
Girls in NYC are taught to treat even the friendliest of hellos as potentially hostile.
Too many crazy people here to find out whether people are being genuine.

Everything, its ok.
Its ok letting kids no that's its ok to like person. There are points where its too far, obviously they can't start having sex on screen. But a kiss between people who feel for one another is fine. Whether they be different or the same gender.

I should clarify here: it's not the fact that someone is kissing someone else of the same sex or opposite sex, it's kids being able to understand the messy feelings that develop in relationships.

Which is why I asked if kids or teens/tweens were talking about.

We had sex education where I went to school. It was the city of Toledo trying to curb teen pregnancy by preaching abstinence, instead of teaching you ways to stay safe, and lower the chance of conception.

Because I had responsible parents, I took nothing away from the lectures.

We had sex education where I went to school. It was the city of Toledo trying to curb teen pregnancy by preaching abstinence, instead of teaching you ways to stay safe, and lower the chance of conception.

Because I had responsible parents, I took nothing away from the lectures.

You know, it's funny that I went to a Catholic school and I don't recall a single brother, priest, or visiting pastor here has ever mentioned "abstinence" in reference to sexual rendezvous and relationships.

Oh right, that's because it's impractical advice for today's modern world.

Oberon

Banned
I almost had the talk with my mum, but I was just "Nah I'm good." My mums pretty liberal with a lot of things

Well kinda had a talk with my mother, and I found out that my mother is in some way more liberal than I thought
only Zenfalcia will get this

I should clarify here: it's not the fact that someone is kissing someone else of the same sex or opposite sex, it's kids being able to understand the messy feelings that develop in relationships.

Which is why I asked if kids or teens/tweens were talking about.

Shows that I have watched did a pretty bad job doing this. Most of the messages were "No means try harder!" Even when I was a child I knew that was a bad advice.

Beloved

Really? I figured that was a big city vs small town thing.
Girls in NYC are taught to treat even the friendliest of hellos as potentially hostile.
Too many crazy people here to find out whether people are being genuine.

In the south even the big cities have a mostly small town mentality.

And yeah, reminds me of that video that recently went around of that woman walking silently through NYC for 10 hours and having so many guys catcall and hit on her and even follow her around???

Like dude that shit isn't cool. There's a reason when I walk through a group of males I don't know, I pretend to be texting.

You know, it's funny that I went to a Catholic school and I don't recall a single brother, priest, or visiting pastor here has ever mentioned "abstinence" in reference to sexual rendezvous and relationships.

Oh right, that's because it's impractical advice for today's modern world.

It was one of the reasons why I was nearly kicked out of the class, because I rose an argument that all abstinence does is teach people to fear their sexual appetite, and not learn their specific turn on. I was shut down, by the presenter saying that sex is monotonous, and everyone will appeal to the same thing, which is anywhere close to being true.

It sucks, because that isn't the solution to a very real problem, but the actual answer is something that no one wants to teach.

<--- Yo time for dat Christmas spirit!
Radical.

Beloved

Relevant to this conversation:

tumblr_mhw3xekaPc1rlzfo2o1_500.png

yooo.

croten

It was one of the reasons why I was nearly kicked out of the class, because I rose an argument that all abstinence does is teach people to fear their sexual appetite, and not learn their specific turn on. I was shut down, by the presenter saying that sex is monotonous, and everyone will appeal to the same thing, which is anywhere close to being true.

It sucks, because that isn't the solution to a very real problem, but the actual answer is something that no one wants to teach.

Radical.

That reminds me of a thing I read recently about a woman who vowed to not have sex until marriage, when she did get married and have sex she felt disgusted at herself for doing it, that her identity was destroyed. She ended up loathing sex and when she told er husband he felt disgusted at himself for sleeping with her if it made her feel that way. She ended up needing therapy to get over it.

So yeah, abstinence. Ain't it just peachy

In 4th grade, the boys and girls were split up and shown videos about puberty and asked what we knew about it or if we had any questions. We also had sex-ed in 8th grade and 9th grade.

Oh, we had one of our teachers directly talking to us. No simple video. Dude was radical and answered anything we asked.

That reminds me of a thing I read recently about a woman who vowed to not have sex until marriage, when she did get married and have sex she felt disgusted at herself for doing it, that her identity was destroyed. She ended up loathing sex and when she told er husband he felt disgusted at himself for sleeping with her if it made her feel that way. She ended up needing therapy to get over it.

Personally I'm in no rush to get into it. 26 years old and I see no reason to try and gun for it like society dictates you must. Of course I'd like to do it but hey, I'd rather it mean something instead of just a fling.

As far as that woman though, she could just be one of those people who have no interest in sex. Forgive me but I can't think of the word for those kind of people at the moment.

Beloved

Sounds like she might just be asexual, but since uncommon sexual identities are rarely talked about and given exposure, she didn't get the chance to properly flesh out her sexual identity and instead followed societal expectations.

Sounds like she might just be asexual, but since uncommon sexual identities are rarely talked about and given exposure, she didn't get the chance to properly flesh out her sexual identity and instead followed societal expectations.

Asexual, that's it. I thought that's what it was but I didn't want to sound like an idiot and say the wrong thing.

croten

It was more that when she was a child she made the vow and eventually her virginity became her identity. When she lost it she felt that she didn't exist anymore. I'm not sure she was Asexual but more that she vilified sex.

In the south even the big cities have a mostly small town mentality.

And yeah, reminds me of that video that recently went around of that woman walking silently through NYC for 10 hours and having so many guys catcall and hit on her and even follow her around???

Like dude that shit isn't cool. There's a reason when I walk through a group of males I don't know, I pretend to be texting.

The thread on OT about that video was a hot mess. I ended up getting into many arguments.

repressing carnal desires, whether sexual, physical, mental, or psychological,has never seemed to be a healthy mindset to have IMO.

I believe in moderation of everything.

Suppressing your desires will only make it more likely that you'll act upon them in a situation where you really shouldn't.

Best to talk about them and get it out there with at least 1 other person so you don't keep it bottled up. This goes for all kind of things, not just sex.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Horrible for you, but that specific flavor is pretty damn tasty. Ramen is a vice for me.
E: I just noticed P4G in there. That's fine too.

Yeah we don't have this flavor up here in Ohio. Been wanting to try it, so I convinced him to send me some. And also his spare copy of P4G.

Suppressing your desires will only make it more likely that you'll act upon them in a situation where you really shouldn't.

Best to talk about them and get it out there with at least 1 other person so you don't keep it bottled up. This goes for all kind of things, not just sex.

As odd as it may seem, I sympathize with those who have inappropriate desires and no outlet to express them.

It's hard to express interest in something as a desire or talk about it if society deems it unacceptable. Talking about it is even taboo for a lot of people.

As odd as it may seem, I sympathize with those who have inappropriate desires and no outlet to express them.

It's hard to express interest in something as a desire or talk about it if society deems it unacceptable. Talking about it is even taboo for a lot of people.

Only taboo to prudes. A real friend might not always agree with what you say but they should at least always be willing to listen.

Beloved

The thread on OT about that video was a hot mess. I ended up getting into many arguments.

repressing carnal desires, whether sexual, physical, mental, or psychological,has never seemed to be a healthy mindset to have IMO.

I believe in moderation of everything.

I agree so hard with this

360pages

I was super upset they removed him but left Falco.

However, with Mewtwo being DLC I have hope we'll get Wolf back.

I think none of the three should have been removed, because none of the three were clones just having similar movesets. Actually Brawl was the best with Clones, there were very little of them and they were different to the point where there was a reason not to choose one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom