• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

I never understood why Chrom is so popular, same goes for Tharja, she has a nice body yes, but that's it
it's not about chrom being popular it's that lucina is literally marth (FOR FUCK'S SAKE IN FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING SHE'S INTRODUCED AS MARTH) and then chrom could be the "newcomer" from awakening and give him a slightly different moveset

ike replaced roy, why can't lucina replace marth?

croten

it's not about chrom being popular it's that lucina is literally marth (FOR FUCK'S SAKE IN FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING SHE'S INTRODUCED AS MARTH) and then chrom could be the "newcomer" from awakening and give him a slightly different moveset

Realistically Lucina would have the same moveset as Chrom

Xiraiya

They may as well just make a Zelda/Fire Emblem themed smash where the whole cast are medieval fantasy fighters and throw in a character creator for good measure.

So it'd be like a fun Soul Calibur.

Squishy3

They may as well just make a Zelda/Fire Emblem themed smash where the whole cast are medieval fantasy fighters and throw in a character creator for good measure.

You wouldn't be able to make characters with big dicks like you can in Soul Calibur tho

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
pr97dhql.jpg

GINpeBRl.png

360pages

Because Marth was the first. I mean, it would be like if they completely took out Ness from Brawl and had Lucas, or them taking out Pikachu for every single Pikachu clone for each gen.

demidar

I'd rather a Fire Emblem Musou.

Except every enemy deals half your health in damage in a single hit and they're hyper aggressive.

Because Marth was the first. I mean, it would be like if they completely took out Ness from Brawl and had Lucas, or them taking out Pikachu for every single Pikachu clone for each gen.

We would be totally confused if Ness was taken out... We never got the Mother game Lucas started in, so it wouldn't make any sense to take out the only character we got. I think they realized this mistake when Smash 4 came out.

360pages

i don't give a flying fuck that marth was the first

Well it's important, it supposed to represent the history of all the games in each series. This isn't too hard for Nintedo series since their cast usually doesn't rotate and they have the same main characters.

But a game series like Fire Emblem it's important to have the first character and the newest character just to see where the series started and was going.

Just having Awakening characters + Ike would have probably cheapened that idea.

Xiraiya

Give me TPP Big Boss where he works like Pokemon Trainer and you fight as D.D, Quiet and Ocelot.

I don't really care how nonsensical that sounds.

Squishy3

also, fuck level 9 cpus in wii u

all they do is dodge around like a motherfucker and the minute you actually try to do anything they just parry, reminds me of sf2 cpu reading inputs and level 8 cpu is just a cakewalk

i had no problem fighting them on the 3ds of all things, where the controls are absolute dogshit

Too bad because Marth is better than any character from Awakening.
Marth is Fire Emblem, he embodies the whole point of the series.
too bad he robs us of a unique new character because of his existence in smash 4, they could have changed some things about lucina but nope, it's a complete fucking copy paste moveset

meanwhile FUCKING DARK PIT WHO IS LITERALLY A CLONE OF PIT GETS A COUPLE DIFFERENT THINGS

sakurai makes no fucking sense

Roy was a one time deal to push his new fire emblem game coming out soon after melee. He wasn't gonna make a come back, but Ike was popular around the time brawl came out so they put him in instead of Roy.

Also, Ike plays extremely different than Roy, unlike Marth and Lucina who are pretty similar.

Xiraiya

I think so. They aren't supremely hard, but it's like playing a person.

Watching FNF is one of the first time I really wish I had gotten Brawl, I always kind of wanted it but I couldn't justify getting a Wii when there were way more games on PS3 I might want, I really liked Falco so the 4 way match with CPU, sometimes even 1 VS 3 if I was feeling really good, would be all I'd play.

too bad he robs us of a unique new character because of his existence in smash 4, they could have changed some things about lucina but nope, it's a complete fucking copy paste moveset

meanwhile FUCKING DARK PIT WHO IS LITERALLY A CLONE OF PIT GETS A COUPLE DIFFERENT THINGS

sakurai makes no fucking sense

That aint Marth's fault, they should have made Lucina an Alt like Alph so I agree with your last line.
I hate Dark Pit either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom