• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I've been waiting for an opportunity to post this gif but none of you have given it to me.

tumblr_n7bnnx05t71qeablwo1_500.gif

Everyone playing smash, and here I am, rewriting one of my design docs for the bazillionth time because my ideas are constantly changing and never stay the same for very long.

If only I had the time and motivation to sit down and prototype one of these concepts, but it's always met with having to learn or reacquaint myself with a game engine to know what the hell I'm doing.

Everyone playing smash, and here I am, rewriting one of my design docs for the bazillionth time because my ideas are constantly changing and never stay the same for very long.

If only I had the time and motivation to sit down and prototype one of these concepts, but it's always met with having to learn or reacquaint myself with a game engine to know what the hell I'm doing.

I've been teaching myself C++ with some textbooks so that I'm not only flexible with multiple coding languages, but because its the preferred coding language for game dev. Its hard to motivate yourself to do productive things (obvious) and there isn't much time to do it, but you gotta make some kind of time.

But yeah, smash takes priority though, being productive this weekend can fuck off.

I've been teaching myself C++ with some textbooks so that I'm not only flexible with multiple coding languages, but because its the preferred coding language for game dev. Its hard to motivate yourself to do productive things (obvious) and there isn't much time to do it, but you gotta make some kind of time.
The even worse part is that even though I'm going to DigiPen and there are classes where we make games, none of the ideas I've written up on my computer are ones I want to put into a student project, because A) having two semesters to make a full game is a hell of a deadline and B) DigiPen owns all the shit you make.

It'll all pay off eventually.

Oh yeah, I should do that. Thanks for the advice.
I should probably buy a WiiU LAN adapter. But it feels like $20 is too steep.

I guess I could play Monster Hunter online with it too...

But man, it really is as strong as the weakest link. I just fought a For Fun match where there was this guy with an asian name, and there was atleast 2 seconds of input delay, and then the match just died because the connection was so bad.

So you could be fine with whatever set-up you have now, as long as you don't play with foreign people @_@

Zenfalcia

But yeah, smash takes priority though, being productive this weekend can fuck off.
Hurray for lack of time and motivation. Speaking of which.. I need to start doing some work and study. That or i start playing Valkyria chronicles instead..

The even worse part is that even though I'm going to DigiPen and there are classes where we make games, none of the ideas I've written up on my computer are ones I want to put into a student project, because A) having two semesters to make a full game is a hell of a deadline and B) DigiPen owns all the shit you make.

It'll all pay off eventually.

Try to get what you can out of that school then build projects with what you learned on your own. It'll be hard working on two projects, but its not like it needs to be done in a month.

360pages

I can't really get excited for Pokemon right now, I mean if the Battle frontier was there I would jump on it, but I just can't get excited like I did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom