• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi_super_Nosebleed.jpg

Being home sucks because my family never shuts up and leaves me alone. Being at college sucks because fuck learning and tuition. And being at work sucks because fuck working. But I need my bed/degree/money. I wish I could just stay in my car all day and listen to the bombcast.

I just got back from class and I didn't start the lewd train...

Nah I was too tired and I realize that I have to expand the art for the background of the stick along with covering up the buildingsSPOILER]
Finding art high res enough, is fucking impossible. 4000x4000 or whatever is fucking hard.

Liz and Death look great though. Good luck on the background art search.

Zenfalcia

10/10 reminds me linkele will never exist.. ;_;

Thats...kinda hot

Yeah it is.

Orange

Berserk is the fucking best.

That joke/reference is perfect. Since it's so obscure you dont even need to spoiler it.

Being home sucks because my family never shuts up and leaves me alone. Being at college sucks because fuck learning and tuition. And being at work sucks because fuck working. But I need my bed/degree/money. I wish I could just stay in my car all day and listen to the bombcast.

Why car? I guess since you'll be alone. Life sucks, but eventually you'll be able to find your own place and live in peace, except when you need to work for money.

Why car? I guess since you'll be alone. Life sucks, but eventually you'll be able to find your own place and live in peace, except when you need to work for money.

I'd much rather be doing something in IT or Game Dev/Production than waitering. But I guess so. The sooner I can get an internship and graduate, the better.

And yeah, so people can leave me alone, but I don't have to be somewhere I hate being.

Finding art high res enough, is fucking impossible. 4000x4000 or whatever is fucking hard.

Liz and Death look great though. Good luck on the background art search.

It really is.

I don't actually need to find the background art tbh. On the right side of the picture, where I selected, You can notice I'm reusing some of the sections of the picture in order to make a background. Its very similar in building textures in games, so I used that knowledge to expand the background.

ultimax

Orange

Berserk is the fucking best.
orange da bess

berserk da bess
I just got back from class and I didn't start the lewd train...

Nah I was too tired and I realize that I have to expand the art for the background of the stick along with covering up the buildings

cant wait to see it when its done. i should probably try downloading photoshop on my mac because why the eff not

It really is.

I don't actually need to find the background art tbh. On the right side of the picture, where I selected, You can notice I'm reusing some of the sections of the picture in order to make a background. Its very similar in building textures in games, so I used that knowledge to expand the background.
Just be careful and be sure to check how it looks zoomed in. Tiling the art is rather difficult, at least in my experience, to get it looking good.

I hope that one day we get a Zelda game with a female Link, or at least a Female protagonist.

Nintendo as of recently has been better at having female protagonists or the option to play as a female. Ignoring metroid (please new metroid Nintendo ;_;) Mario has been branching by giving you the option to play as rosalina or peach or even toadette in their main games, and Hyrule Warriors has plenty of females to play as instead of Link, and obviously we all know about Bayo.

Hopefully the next Zelda game actually gives is the option to play as Zelda as well. It would add an extra dimension to the puzzles the series never really had (ignoring spirit tracks) and gives you the option to play as a female.

croten

Nintendo as of recently has been better at having female protagonists or the option to play as a female. Ignoring metroid (please new metroid Nintendo ;_;) Mario has been branching by giving you the option to play as rosalina or peach or even toadette in their main games, and Hyrule Warriors has plenty of females to play as instead of Link, and obviously we all know about Bayo.

Hopefully the next Zelda game actually gives is the option to play as Zelda as well. It would add an extra dimension to the puzzles the series never really had (ignoring spirit tracks) and gives you the option to play as a female.

I don't know about the next one, maybe some Zelda sections? That would be cool, depending on how cool this Zelda is.

Zenfalcia

I'd much rather be doing something in IT or Game Dev/Production than waitering. But I guess so. The sooner I can get an internship and graduate, the better.

And yeah, so people can leave me alone, but I don't have to be somewhere I hate being.
You could try looking for some student/part time positions for IT? I dont think game dev/production will be as easy to find part time jobs.

That sucks. Hopefully you can at least enjoy thanksgiving dinner.
I hope that one day we get a Zelda game with a female Link, or at least a Female protagonist.
That day should've been when the zelda musou came out. Oh well. At least there's fan art.

cant wait to see it when its done. i should probably try downloading photoshop on my mac because why the eff not
Thanks I try my best. I find gimp more managable, but Photoshop has more options.
Just be careful and be sure to check how it looks zoomed in. Tiling the art is rather difficult, at least in my experience, to get it looking good.
Would the BG matter if blurry compared to Liz and Thantos if they are the ones in focus? I'll keep that in mind. Its actually the first time I'm doing it.

You could try looking for some student/part time positions for IT? I dont think game dev/production will be as easy to find part time jobs.

That sucks. Hopefully you can at least enjoy thanksgiving dinner.

If I even have a thanksgiving dinner. My family is being super salty for dumb reasons and they won't shut up about it. But thanks and I hope you all (Americans obviously) have a good thanksgiving.

I probably wouldn't find anything part time in game dev which is why I won't even bother looking for anything until I get out of college.

Would the BG matter if blurry compared to Liz and Thantos if they are the ones in focus? I'll keep that in mind. Its actually the first time I'm doing it.
Realize that you're printing this out later, so it all depends on if you'll notice any imperfections. I know I would.

I believe most fightstick templates/art is done at 300 ppi as well so you could check at out and set it to 100% zoom to see what it'll look like printed.
I probably wouldn't find anything part time in game dev which is why I won't even bother looking for anything until I get out of college.
You might wanna consider a general coding job, just to get experience working on projects? I figure most game dev hiring would find that appealing.

ultimax

Thanks I try my best. I find gimp more managable, but Photoshop has more options.

I took a photoshop class in highschool, so im kind of familiar with it. i'll check out gimp tho
If I even have a thanksgiving dinner. My family is being super salty for dumb reasons and they won't shut up about it. But thanks and I hope you all (Americans obviously) have a good thanksgiving.

screw thanksgiving, stay home and play smash

Zenfalcia

I'd say try to find a higher res image since stuff looks awful when they are blown up and pixelated.

Nothing is better than being salty for dumb reasons, especially over thanksgiving.

You could try and maybe get lucky? On the bright side of being a waiter is that you get tips, which is nice.

It can be cheaper depending on the restaurant. It's also better with more people rather than just by yourself. how much was it per dish?

4 people, 14-20 each.

We got a self serving Pot with broth, then our choices of proteins an veggies, put the things in to cook, then grab w/chopsticks and eat.

Realize that you're printing this out later, so it all depends on if you'll notice any imperfections. I know I would.

I believe most fightstick templates/art is done at 300 ppi as well so you could check at out and set it to 100% zoom to see what it'll look like printed.
I guess I got a lot of work to do. I'll probably work on it during winter break
I took a photoshop class in highschool, so im kind of familiar with it. i'll check out gimp tho
Good luck
You could work on your own projects. If your lucky like me and have an actual game studio near where you live, you could get experience working as a QA while also gaining connections.
I'd say try to find a higher res image since stuff looks awful when they are blown up and pixelated.
I'm not blowing it up, I'm tiling the clouds from different sections so it looks alright.

Nothing is better than being salty for dumb reasons, especially over thanksgiving.

You could try and maybe get lucky? On the bright side of being a waiter is that you get tips, which is nice.

Yeah the tips are nice. I am gonna be blowing some of it on the weekend though with Black Friday and cyber Monday lol.

You could work on your own projects. If your lucky like me and have an actual game studio near where you live, you could get experience working as a QA while also gaining connections.

I bought a c++ textbook and am going through it when I have some free time. Might as well start with that now that I have experience in java and some python.

You might wanna consider a general coding job, just to get experience working on projects? I figure most game dev hiring would find that appealing.

Obviously I'll keep my options open for anything CS/IT related.

Zenfalcia

4 people, 14-20 each.

We got a self serving Pot with broth, then our choices of proteins an veggies, put the things in to cook, then grab w/chopsticks and eat.

... You're talking about something completely different from what i'm talking about. Are you talking about hot pot? Or did you have dim sum with the hot pot?

I'm not blowing it up, I'm tiling the clouds from different sections so it looks alright.

Ah, Ok. As long as the texture is consistent it should be fine? Maybe?

and then make threads about the wii u having a bad name

You should say how great the name Wii U is.

Don't get decimated out there brother.

... You're talking about something completely different from what i'm talking about. Are you talking about hot pot? Or did you have dim sum with the hot pot?

Sorry, I meant both. Dim sum is that cart where the diner can pick from different foods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom