• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

At least it seems more entertaining than K-ON! tho. I might give it a watch queue.

It's an episodic series set in an Edo period Japan that was kind of forced into a sci-fi era because of alien invasion, so the whole world is kind of mismatched and both futuristic AND old all at once.

Think of it like this, that you're watching an anime series after the "hero's" story is all said and done, so they just screw around and interact with people in daily life trying to get by, sometimes really hype shit happens, there is actually an overall plot, but it doesn't really start until a good 50'ish episodes in, Benizakura arc is the first trigger.

Anung

Un Rama
Well, I've been sitting here killing time long enough. It's 4 here so probably should try and sleep D:

I know, I meant the "that changes nothing" in a playful way as well, but that didn't work either. The latter part is just a small, more serious opinion. Didn't want to keep going with the waifu wars stuff.
Is it ok to talk about the Psych part of Persona.
Uh, no. I meant you should make a thread about thanking the player or including them in the credits in Gaming side.
My mistake, I need to start reading and getting sleep.

Fuck #NoSleepNovember!

sjay1994

Well, I've been sitting here killing time long enough. It's 4 here so probably should try and sleep D:

But your time is now.

My sleep schedule is super fucked up.

Go to bed at 8am.... wake up 4pm.

Need to fix this shit before my finals.

joe2187

Banned
Super Best Boobs Thread

Nov 26, 2014 - Nov 26, 2014

Never forget

Crying_Eagle_by_Kai_Crewger.jpg

The what now?
For them to be super flawed and then go through tons of character development to change their ways is really compelling. It builds on the fact that they first have to realize that they need to change. Its way more interesting for how they go through this change in P3 than P4. They do so suddenly and aruptly due to their shadows and then just accept the evils within them when you beat their shadows. Don't even get me started with the S-links since they are optional but not really.

Character development my bad.

I have never watched wrestling dude.

I looked at it as a kid and went "wow.... what is this stupid shit". I did know of the religious hymm of "You can't see me" though.
Its not a wrestling thing persay Its a parody doujinshi where they replace Naruto cast with wrestlers. I cant find it tho. I think its the tripleH retrieval mission? Or something.

JoJo94

Just to continue where I left off:

Haven't finished it yet, so don't spoil me. And no, the reason why I dislike Marie, aside from hating her design, the repetitive way they show you her poetry and thestupidwaysheoccasionallytalks, is because it's really just another, incredibly generic "I have no past and no human experience" and little more than that. It's not even a unique story within the same game (Teddie's story is similar and significantly better). The rest have something going for them, regardless of how good or bad their story might be. Marie felt like she was just...there. It takes a single S-Link event to see what they'll be going for, but it just takes 10 to get there.

Okay thank you for having reasons for disliking her since when I looked into it no one really had a reason other than they didn't need to have her (not in here but when i first looked into it). I still personally don't think she's that bad, but I understand why some people dislike her for being generic.

sjay1994

Its not a wrestling thing persay Its a parody doujinshi where they replace Naruto cast with wrestlers. I cant find it tho. I think its the tripleH retrieval mission? Or something.

Well... my knowledge on wrestling is incredibly limited. I only know about the undertaker, ray mysterio, cena and the tooth fairy.

360pages

Oh, we're going from where we left off?

Oh, I know. If that's the point of the character than go for it. I just wish that people see that not everyone needs to go through a huge arc to realize this.

Hell, even a jerkface slowly learning by himself and opening up without a huge event would be cool.

Tales of the Abyss looked like that was going to happen with Luke, the more time he spent with people the more he showed empathy and understanding...then the writers fucked that all up sinking the cast forever.

sjay1994

People voted for it lol. It was obviously liked

WAIT WHAT SERIOUSLY? DONT LIE TO ME

I like boobs.... but it was a bad thread title. I voted for "the top 10's will be out" since it was the most relevant.

But phantom saved this thread.

He is the hero we need, not the one we deserve.

Come back phantom senpai!

We are lost without you

Guys quick im trying to design a queen bitch characters outfit and I cant decide between mini-skirt or booty shorts.

Skirt

360pages

Marie probably should have either been saved for another game or given a spin-off to herself or something.

This isn't a tales of game where inserting a new character for a new version can be done naturally due to how the game is set up. Persona cast is very intertwined with the plot, that being said what they did for her was pretty much the best they could.

JoJo94

Oh yeah that's fine. I just meant "let's stop with the my waifu is best". Discussing that is fine.

Sure. It comes down to preference in the end. I'm just not too big a fan because I don't think they managed to fit her well into the story. Like I said, Teddie goes roughly through the same thing, but his development is intertwined with the plot of the game and happens naturally, whereas Marie is separate from the plot, is somehow really important now anyway and had some characteristics I personally dislike. I can understand differing opinions on the matter.

OH yeah there are moments you just feel her being forced in. It's even in Ultimax too where they force her in at the beginning I think of P4 story.

sjay1994

I hope this isn't the big thing they were gonna reveal

Sigh.... I don't want to watch a kieghly award show. But I have nothing to do that friday. Might as well watch it while shit talking it in this thread

Also.... I am listening to You can't see me on repeat. Thanks guys

Sigh.... I don't want to watch a kieghly award show. But I have nothing to do that friday. Might as well watch it while shit talking it in this thread
Hopefully i can get my wii u that day but we should all have a "lets watch" in the steam chat or something.

I like boobs.... but it was a bad thread title. I voted for "the top 10's will be out" since it was the most relevant.

But phantom saved this thread.

He is the hero we need, not the one we deserve.

Come back phantom senpai!

We are lost without you

Skirt
I need more votes come on get serious!

Metal Gear Online?

I got into one match, after trying for hours to get it working for MGS4.

I expect it to be fully functional for MGS5.

360pages

That being said, I don't mind Marie's desgin or character persay. That is probably why they should have had her as the velvet room attendant for 5 or a playable Character in Q or something rather than them trying to shove her into P4 so unnaturally, of course they would have to change her story if she was going to be in those games.

joe2187

Banned
No journalism.

No ethics.

Only Dewritos.

Honestly, I have nothing against Keighly or the whole doritosgate shit.... but these award shows are the fucking worst. Not to mention, I have no idea what games/demos they will be showing there.

Aww man where is that clip of those dudes talking complete and utter nonsense during the last game awards show and then you show Geoff and Mchale looking on completely flabbergasted. It was amazing

Aww yeah, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1OGexjaP1U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom