• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
tumblr_mvywzsoHdE1sflgwko1_500.gif

You don't need to know.

If it's anything like MGS4 it's even going to have modes where you can play as MGS characters like in the Star Wars Battlefront games. I remember Mei Ling being playable in certain circumstances
wow. I kinda wanna play as DD now... Mei Ling in hype boat fights sounds awesome as well. I wonder if you could use quiet's powers. Did the character you were playing had an effect like that?

If it's anything like MGS4 it's even going to have modes where you can play as MGS characters like in the Star Wars Battlefront games. I remember Mei Ling being playable in certain circumstances

MGO in MGS3 was amazing. My favorite was becoming past Raiden(whatever his name was) and instantly knocking out people by grabbing them in the sack. You could also be Ocolot and use his revolver with bullets bounced off of walls and hit people around corners and shit, and I believe there were two secret characters from the Rumble Roses game because Kojima.

wow. I kinda wanna play as DD now... Mei Ling in hype boat fights sounds awesome as well. I wonder if you could use quiet's powers. Did the character you were playing had an effect like that?

She had certain unique things about her
MGS Wiki said:
When playing Metal Gear Online, Mei Ling had a unique quote (when the player types in <UNI01>). She states a famous Shakespeare quote: "...the tongues of dying men enforce attention like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain." In addition, she was also a playable character of sorts in the MEME expansion. Although she herself had a limited array of weaponry that restricted her to handguns, she was capable of using the Soliton Radar to spot enemies hiding behind areas, and then supply the information via SOP. She couldn't use CQC, but could charm nearby enemies with her "Salute" ability. In addition, because of her status as the captain of the USS Missouri in the main game, she was also capable of launching a missile strike on enemies from the USS Missouri on an area that she designated. Her cap was also a bonus head equipment for a character. If tranquilized, she'd sometimes says "I... just can't stop..."

Well.... now we have to see it.

Does she have red highlights?

Never give up. You and I will be rising shame stars.
I havent fully redesigned her but I was designing a different character and I made a little chibi panel and one of the characters I accidentally drew with short hair and I was like "huh I like her with that hair.
gonna redesign her right now.

Just so you know shes a short brown hair satsuki-esque girl whos a master of a martial art that lets her use her own natural electric pulse to shock opponents with open palm attacks. Also shes the protagonists main rival.

sjay1994

I havent fully redesigned her but I was designing a different character and I made a little chibi panel and one of the characters I accidentally drew with short hair and I was like "huh I like her with that hair.

Just so you know shes a short brown hair satsuki-esque girl whos a master of a martial art that lets her use her own natural electric pulse to shock opponents with open palm attacks. Also shes the protagonists main rival.

WOOLIEBAIT CONFIRMED

...Why does Pat keep standing in front of a charging/leaping giant demon dog? Wouldn't the first thing you do is to try to "out-turn" it?

EDIT:

Admittedly, the sniper shot was a cool find, I didn't know it would instant take down it so I guess Pat redeemed?

demidar

Is her name Sa-sukie?

I could understand lore wise that she couldn't use CQC. Thats a pretty good replacement. Was it balanced good?

Everyone had an pool of skills and weapons to choose from that expanded based on player actions. From what I remember of it it was pretty balanced, but eventually modders and such made a mess of everything.

Everyone had an pool of skills and weapons to choose from that expanded based on player actions. From what I remember of it it was pretty balanced, but eventually modders and such made a mess of everything.
I really wished that they didn't shut down the servers so quickly so I could play it. I wish I could have gotten the MGS4 podcast downloaded. Did they shut it down because of the modders? I would pay a subscription for that gameplay.

sjay1994

...Why does Pat keep standing in front of a charging/leaping giant demon dog? Wouldn't the first thing you do is to try to "out-turn" it?

You can't out turn it.

The thing has ridiculous tracking. And I don't blame him for not figuring out you need to shoot it when its charging you. There is no clear indication that that will happen, so of course he is trying to shoot it when he sees it, and runs when its charging him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom